Join me in a round of P90X beginning 4/26/10

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,717 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm about to do some Kenpo X, but I think I'm going to wear my weighted Turbo Jam gloves to make it a bit more of a workout. I totally forgot I had those, but I saw them yesterday and figured "what the heck?"

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see just what this new P90X program has to offer. I'm with you in that I'm ready for a little hybrid action after this. I still want to try TurboFire in September, though. I've been keeping tabs with a couple of people who are doing it, and it's getting rave reviews!

Happy Fourth of July Eve!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Wow! Wearing the gloves took Kenpo to a whole new level! The punches were actually a little bit easier with some weight behind them. The jumping jacks and X time were definitely different with the gloves, and for the first time, I felt like there was a purpose to the blocks. I really felt it in my shoulders. That was great. I wish I'd thought of it a long time ago!
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your Kenpo workout went better than mine. It was just kinda "blah" today. But rest til Monday now! :bigsmile:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Sounds like your Kenpo workout went better than mine. It was just kinda "blah" today. But rest til Monday now! :bigsmile:
    Yeah, I thought about you when I was doing it, because it made it more of a strength-training workout. Of course, I probably defeated the purpose of it NOT being one. LOL. I'm going to be rebellious yet again and work out today (Chest & Back and ARX) and take my rest day tomorrow because I have to drive my mom to an appointment tomorrow morning.

Happy 4th!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Hello, I started P90x again but I am taking Plyo and taking it easy with Kenpo. Not sure what I did but I really messed up my leg. Turns out it is my knee :( Today was Phase 1 day 3. Instead of Plyo I am going to go walking not as good of a workout but better for my knee.
  • PJilly
    Options
    Hello, I started P90x again but I am taking Plyo and taking it easy with Kenpo. Not sure what I did but I really messed up my leg. Turns out it is my knee :( Today was Phase 1 day 3. Instead of Plyo I am going to go walking not as good of a workout but better for my knee.
    I am so sorry you've messed up your knee that badly. I'd definitely be very careful with it, but I think it's great you're getting back in the groove and doing the things you can do. You've made such amazing progress. You inspire me.

I just finished tomorrow's Chest & Back and ARX. It feels nice to have that taken care of so soon.
  • Irishaingeal
    Options
    I've had P90X for months now.. but never was motivated to start it for some reason and I kept telling myself I would start it tomorrow. Wish I was part of MFP and saw this thread before you guys started. Would have loved to join you guys. But I am actually starting it today. Hope I am up to it. But I just wanted to say I think this thread was an amazing idea. Keep up the great work guys, and good luck.
  • PJilly
    Options
    I've had P90X for months now.. but never was motivated to start it for some reason and I kept telling myself I would start it tomorrow. Wish I was part of MFP and saw this thread before you guys started. Would have loved to join you guys. But I am actually starting it today. Hope I am up to it. But I just wanted to say I think this thread was an amazing idea. Keep up the great work guys, and good luck.
    You're up to it. Even if you can't do it all, you're up to it. Some days will be easier than others, but you will really have accomplished something if you commit to the 90 days and do it religiously. Keep us posted how it's going. We'll nudge you along. :wink:

As soon as my breakfast digests, I'm going upstairs to do Plyo X. I SO need a good workout today, so timing is perfect for this one. I was a little off on my eating the last couple of days, and now I feel a little off. Go figure, huh?
  • Irishaingeal
    Options
    Thanks for the vote of confidence... I did Chests & back today with the Ab Ripper X. Was a bit brutal... but I managed to make it through it. and I def feel better for it.
  • PJilly
    Options
    Awesome! You are definitely going to feel it tomorrow, but in a good way. Great job!
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    thinking about trying it can i join or is it to late
  • PJilly
    Options
    You're certainly welcome to join us, but most of us are kind of winding down on this round of P90X, so this thread will probably not be as active as it has been. But feel free to join in and help us liven things up in here!

I'm on Week 11, and my workout today will be Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper X. It's hard to believe there's only a couple of weeks left!
  • longhorns2
    longhorns2 Posts: 23
    Options
    I am late to the group too- so we can start a new one when this one is over if you want. LOL

I am on week 6.

Plyo... I LOVE YOU. I really do- and no, not smoking anything this morning. :smokin:
  • Irishaingeal
    Options
    Ok so i totally hate Plyo.. and wish I didn't have to do it. Would it be totally horrible if a switched something else in there instead. at least for my first phase. Oh and I will so totally join a thread if one is made as I just started yesterday... lol.
  • PJilly
    Options
    Ok so i totally hate Plyo.. and wish I didn't have to do it. Would it be totally horrible if a switched something else in there instead. at least for my first phase. Oh and I will so totally join a thread if one is made as I just started yesterday... lol.
    If Plyo is too hard, you can do Cardio X instead. However, if you just don't like Plyo, I'd encourage you to give it a chance. I used to hate it too, and I substituted Cardio X my first two rounds of P90X. This time, I decided I was going to go "by the book," and to my surprise, I've learned to enjoy my Plyo workouts!
  • Irishaingeal
    Options
    Lol I will try to stick with it.. its just that i don't like it much... maybe has something to do with being at work all day in very hot humid weather and just not feeling like working out but doing it anyways.
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've been MIA! My parents were visiting this week so not much computer time. I did still get my workouts in, I opted to sleep in wednesday though and never got it done so that is going to be my rest day this week.

Day 74 here! Only a few weeks left! Today was Core Synergistics, I had a rough workout because I enjoyed a couple beers with dinner last night. :laugh:

Welcome to the new folks! :drinker:
  • PJilly
    Options
    I've been a little MIA myself. Been under the weather a bit, but I'm feeling pretty good now and I didn't miss any workouts. Today is Legs & Back and ARX. I'm almost done with Week 11 now, and while it's been fun, I'm glad P90X is only 13 weeks long. :-)
  • ridelikeagirl616
    ridelikeagirl616 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Lol I will try to stick with it.. its just that i don't like it much... maybe has something to do with being at work all day in very hot humid weather and just not feeling like working out but doing it anyways.

Once you get used to it you might LOVE plyo... it's one of my favourites and what a wicked calorie torcher! Yoga was my nemesis for a long time, but I find I can deal with that now too. Just wish it wasn't so long! I put a dvd case in front of the on screen timer so I don't find myself looking at it every 2 minutes and grunting...

Keep it up everyone! :happy: