Join me in a round of P90X beginning 4/26/10

Options

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options
    I finally got Legs & Back done. By the time my bro got here and left, I was hungry for lunch. So then I had to let lunch settle before I could work out. But it's done. And it's Friday. Life is good.
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    KenpoX done!
  • PJilly
    Options
    KenpoX done!
    Just finished mine too. It was a GREAT workout today!
  • longhorns2
    longhorns2 Posts: 23
    Options
    My butt hurts from Legs & Back yesterday. : ) Love it!

Rest day for me- and I need it. I am pooped all over. Yoga tomorrow--- bring it!
  • PJilly
    Options
    My butt hurts from Legs & Back yesterday. : ) Love it!

Rest day for me- and I need it. I am pooped all over. Yoga tomorrow--- bring it!
    At first glance, I thought you said, "I pooped all over." :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • longhorns2
    Options
    HA! Nope, thankfully, I did not. LOL

I got my Yoga in this morning. I did NOT want to even think about it when I woke up, but after some coffee, I was good to go. I think this was one of the best, most focused Yoga I have managed so far. I have always enjoyed it, but have to be in the right mind set to really put all my worth into it.

So... has anyone gone on vacation in the middle of P90X? I am not thrilled, but am going on a 10 day trip. half of it I will be in the "rest week" and the other half is week one of Phase 3.

I will be in a car for 14-15 hr days 3xs. I would love to think that I could get some exercise in at the destination after being cooped up, but I really doubt it's going to happen. Have yall been able to stay motivated while on vacation? I can take the DVDs, I can take the weights, so in theory, I should be able to do it. But I am really kinda freaking out over it interrupting all I have been doing! I am good with routine- not so much when it gets disrupted.

Any tips?
  • PJilly
    Options
    I love those workouts when you're really in the zone. Kenpo X was like that for me yesterday.

I haven't gone on vacation in the middle of P90X. I do better with routine too, so I try to avoid that happening, but sometimes life gets in the way anyway. It seems like the timing is actually pretty good for you, though. I think it might make more sense to take two recovery weeks rather than interrupt your first week of Phase 3. If I were you, I would pack some DVDs but not the weights (maybe a resistance band). I've taken dumb bells on vacation before. It makes the luggage WAY heavier! LOL
  • cynthials
    Options
    I had outpatient surgery in the middle of may, during my recovery week. I was off for 3 days. I also took a mini-vacation the first week of June and was off for another 3 days. I don't feel like either has hindered my progress, but 3 days is different than 10! I hope you can pack your stuff and make some time to do a little something, even some walking would be better than nothing. :smile:

mommyhof3 - hope you are still with us and your leg is all healed! :flowerforyou:

Chest, Shoulders & Triceps and ARX both done. I am really sore already! Wednesday I do Back & Biceps, which is I think my last "new" workout!
  • PJilly
    Options
    I just finished Chest, Shoulders & Triceps and Ab Ripper X too. I was feeling less strong than usual. I didn't do as many reps on some of the exercises as I did last time. I still had a great workout. I just got fatigued sooner. ARX was pretty good, though. I got interrupted and had a good, long pause in the middle. I think that made it easier to finish. Maybe I should do that more often!
  • PJilly
    Options
    I had outpatient surgery in the middle of may, during my recovery week. I was off for 3 days. I also took a mini-vacation the first week of June and was off for another 3 days. I don't feel like either has hindered my progress, but 3 days is different than 10! I hope you can pack your stuff and make some time to do a little something, even some walking would be better than nothing. :smile:

mommyhof3 - hope you are still with us and your leg is all healed! :flowerforyou:

Chest, Shoulders & Triceps and ARX both done. I am really sore already! Wednesday I do Back & Biceps, which is I think my last "new" workout!
    BTW, I absolutely love Back & Biceps. I'll be interested to hear what you think of it.
  • ridelikeagirl616
    ridelikeagirl616 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats to all in this group :smile: it's great to hear of a bunch of people helping/encouraging each other! I did p90x last year and wanted to pass on something I learned... The nutrition guide recommends calorie levels too high to see much weight loss. I have since discovered the formula from this site and have lost 15lbs and dropped from a size 12 jeans to a size 6. While the p90x workouts are FANTASTIC for strength training I also found I had to find a way to burn more calories through cardio and keeping track of calories consumed with myfitnesspal was essential. Hope this helps :happy:

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calorie_calculation101.asp

Enjoy! And keep pressing play :tongue:
  • cynthials
    Options
    CardioX done!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Wow! Congrats to all in this group :smile: it's great to hear of a bunch of people helping/encouraging each other! I did p90x last year and wanted to pass on something I learned... The nutrition guide recommends calorie levels too high to see much weight loss. I have since discovered the formula from this site and have lost 15lbs and dropped from a size 12 jeans to a size 6. While the p90x workouts are FANTASTIC for strength training I also found I had to find a way to burn more calories through cardio and keeping track of calories consumed with myfitnesspal was essential. Hope this helps :happy:

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calorie_calculation101.asp

Enjoy! And keep pressing play :tongue:
    Thanks for the tip, ridelikeagirl616. I agree the power of MFP and P90X combined is so much better than P90X alone. I love this site!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Anybody who is curious about TurboFire can check out the TF page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TurboFire I'm going to go read up a bunch on there myself.

Plyo X is my workout today. I always know I've really worked out by the time that one is done!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Now THAT was a workout. Nothing makes me sweat like Plyo.

Favorite move: Lateral leapfrog
    Least favorite move: Jump knee tuck, followed closely by rock star hop and hot foot
  • cynthials
    Options
    Oh man, I cannot do that rock star hop thing AT ALL! I look like such a fool! LOL. I love the Heisman, for some odd reason. :tongue:

Back & Biceps, ARX done! I did enjoy B&B, I am not crazy about pullups though. Still doing them assisted with a chair. I did the corn cob pullup for the first time, that is hard with the type of pullup bar I have because it has a couple hand grips sticking out in the way. :laugh: I am slowly improving with ARX. Up to 295 moves and hoping to be able to do all 349 by Day 90!!
  • PJilly
    Options
    We must work out at the same time, because I finished B&B and ARX a little while ago too! I'm going to work B&B into my SI6/Slim Series rotation I'm going to do after this and before TurboFire. I will NOT be working Ab Ripper X into it, though. LOL. I prefer Slim & 6-Pack in a humongous way.

I'll probably do assisted pull-ups till the day I die, but I still work those back muscles doing them, so it feels good.
  • longhorns2
    Options
    Got kenpo in today,even with my 1.5 hrs of sleep last night. I was pretty proud of myself for not punking out on that. I could have had a rest day, but I am "saving" it for the weekend when we are going to be out of town.

I like b&b too--- I also did chest, tris, shoulders and really enjoyed it... though my chest is on fire today! I prefer pushups to pull ups though, any day. I have half a chance of completing those- no chance of doing the pull ups yet. Some day.
  • PJilly
    Options
    Look at you, Patty. Pushing Play even when you're exhausted. Nice job!

I was swamped with work yesterday and didn't have much time to post, especially when it was a Yoga X day. LOL. It's hard to believe we're almost done with Week 10 and that there are only three weeks left after this.

I just got this in an e-mail from Beachbody yesterday:

***You may have heard rumors about "P90neXt," a whole new program of 12 P90X DVDs created to keep the Muscle Confusion™ going after you master the original P90X®. The rumors are true; Tony's developing the program with new experts, new moves, and a new level of results. One on One subscribers will get an exclusive look behind the scenes as Tony puts it together and tries each routine out on YOU FIRST. When it's all done, it'll be called P90X:MC2™, but for now, it's between you and Tony to work out the kinks, one-on-one style.***

Hmm, that sounds interesting... But, in the meantime, today is Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X for me. My legs are my strength, so that's a pretty easy one.

Hope you're all having a fantastic Friday so far!
  • cynthials
    Options
    Wow another p90x program? I wonder why? How long has p90x plus been out on the market? I think at this point I am more interested in doing some hybrid p90x programs. A guy friend of mine just started p90x this week. Surprisingly (to me) he enjoys the cardio DVDs and doesn't really like the lifting days. I am kind of the opposite. I am planning to incorporate some Turbo Fire as p90x cardio, I get tired of the p90x cardio but I think that is probably because I do them more often than the lifting DVDs (because there are so many different lifting DVDs).

Today was Core Synergistics. Lately I have had a horrible time getting up at 5am. Wednesday I opted to sleep until my daughter woke up and then did my workout over her nap later in the day. Yesterday I skipped yoga completely. But today I did get up and although I was slow out of the gate, I got a fantastic workout in. :smile:

Hope you all are having a great Friday and are ready for a long weekend!