Join me in a round of P90X beginning 4/26/10

Options

Replies

• Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Oooooh I LOVE Couch to 5K! I was so excited when I ran 20 min straight for the first time!!! Craaaazy!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Plyo today but I really had to modify it. Part way through my leg started to ache again so I slowed down and modified. It was still a good workout but I am thinking that maybe next time it is time for plyo I may try Cardio X. I have never done it. Is it similar to Plyo?
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options
    Cardio X has some of the Plyo X moves in it, but for the most part, it is a lot mellower. It may be just what the doctor ordered until your leg is 100 percent. :-)
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Cardio X has some Yoga, some Plyo and some Core Synergistics moves in it. I like it but agree it is a lot more mellow compared to Plyo.

Yoga for me today. I always feel better when I am done (I was pretty sore today from all those pushups) but I don't really enjoy it while I am doing it. Actually, I like the balance moves but really dislike the movement stuff in the first half. :tongue:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Just finished Yoga X a little bit ago myself. Am I the only one who can't do Crane? :tongue:
  • cynthials
    Options
    No, I can't do it either! :laugh:
  • cynthials
    Options
    Legs & Back completed! Ab Ripper X completed! Holy cow, that was tough. That's the first time I've completed both DVDs back-to-back. 555 calories burned!

I ordered some power bands for assisted pullups yesterday (you can watch how they work in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw3FnkqViKo). I ordered from IronWoody.com. I've read these are the best way to get to unassisted pullups, so I hope they work!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Congrats on the back-to-back workouts. 555 calories is impressive! I love Legs & Back. Legs are definitely my strength. I think I owe that to Debbie "Squat Nazi" Siebers. :tongue: Thank you, Debbie.

I'll be interested to hear what you think of the power bands. I'm not convinced I'll ever be able to do an unassisted pullup, but I can see the muscles in my back, so what I'm doing is getting results, even if I am still a whimp.
  • cynthials
    Options
    Are you using a chair, Jill?
  • PJilly
    Options
    I am, and I feel like I use the chair less and less, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to do it without.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper completed for today. Did I ever bring it this time. I mean I usually do but this time I pushed HARD. Even with Ab Ripper. I will hurt later I can guarantee it lol Going to do week 1 day 2 of couch to 5k later today.

Thank you for the advice. I think CardioX will be what I will try next time.

Woohoo on completing both at once! I love those milestones while going through P90X. Every little thing that you can do more of etc is an amazing feeling :smile:
  • cynthials
    Options
    I am, and I feel like I use the chair less and less, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to do it without.
    Me too, I am hoping the power band makes a bigger difference. I do great on pushups but I've never been able to do a single unassisted pushup! :tongue:
  • cynthials
    Options
    KenpoX done! Looking forward to rest until Monday and Recovery Week!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Going to do my Kenpo X in just a few minutes here. I've been busy fixing birthday breakfast and decorating birthday cake. It's our daughter's 18th today. I can't believe it!
  • cynthials
    Options
    Wow, happy 18th to the girl! Time flies so fast, doesn't it!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to her!

I'm still doing pullups with the chair as well. I feel like I will never be able to do one without it. They're so freaking hard. I'll throw a party when I can do one!

This week was a rough week for me. Monday - found out I was anemic so I took Iron supplements Mon, Tues and Wed and then on Thurs felt like my stomach was being ripped to shreds because of the Iron. I've never been in so much pain before. :indifferent: :indifferent:

Legs and Back are supposed to be up today. We'll see if that happens.
  • longhorns2
    longhorns2 Posts: 23
    Options
    Jumping in and saying Hi!

I've been on and off MFP since January, but 2 weeks ago got back to being serious when I started P90X.

In 2 weeks, I have already gone down 5 lbs. I made the tragic mistake of not taking measurements, buuuuttt can report my pants are looser, so I know something is happening there. LOL

I had to change slightly the order of my routines, but get them all in each week... do you think order matters too much?

Example: I do Kenpo on my Yoga day- switched those due to time constraints. Dude, 90 min of YOGA is hard! HA! You think that is ok?

Today is cardio for me. yahhoooo!

Nice to meet everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • cynthials
    Options
    Hi Patty, glad you joined us. :smile: I don't think it matters much if you switched the days. Dropping Yoga completely would be a mistake though.

This is week 8 for me, which means Recovery Week! Time is flying by. Today was Yoga. Looking forward to Core Syn tomorrow, I like that workout. :bigsmile:
  • PJilly
    Options
    I love Core Syn too! That's definitely one thing I loved about doing Lean vs. Classic last time I did P90X. What I didn't like about Lean was they eliminate Legs & Back in Phase 3, and I already feel like my legs are getting shorted compared with Slim in 6 and Slim Series. I'm going to go back to those for a few weeks at least, and then I plan to get TurboFire to start sometime in the fall.

I have some Yoga X to do here pretty soon myself.

Happy Monday!
  • longhorns2
    longhorns2 Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks! I like Yoga- but 90 min is hard to fit into my schedule, no matter WHAT I am trying to do. I when I was training for the 10Ks the long runs were hard for me to find time for (cause yeah, we are talkin 90 min 10K here...lol. SLOW!)

I swapped it to a day I had more time, but hoped that didn't mess anything up. Good to know!

Thanks again.