Join me in a round of P90X beginning 4/26/10

Options

Replies

• cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Core Synergistics done. I was really spent during my workout today. I think I am still sore from Legs & Back and Ab Ripper last Friday! My abs just felt worn out and I had a hard time making it through the workout but I did it and did at least the same number of reps for all exercises as last week. I still haven't tried the bonus round on this DVD but today wasn't the day to try. :tongue:

Looking forward to Kenpo tomorrow! Hope you all are having a great week so far.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options
    I was up late last night (son went to his ninth-grade dance with a couple of buddies, and I was the designated picker upper), so Core Synergy may be a bit of a challenge for me today too. I do love that workout, so hopefully it will energize me instead!

Ahh, one of the most beautiful things about Recovery Week is no Ab Ripper X. :tongue: Am I right?

Have a great day!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    KenpoX for me today! Have not been online as much but still plugging along. Hope everyone has been well. I will be happy when baseball is over. Right now it is 4 nights a week plus weekends. It is taking over my life.
  • PJilly
    Options
    Core Synergistics done. As pooped as I was before I did it, that was an especially great workout today! Don't get me wrong, I'm still pooped. :)
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I must admit that Legs and Back is by far my least favorite workout. I am glad to be done with it for the week! :huh:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Just had a GREAT Kenpo X workout. I muted the volume for all but the warmup and cooldown, and it made for a better workout. I started each set once I knew what it was rather than waiting for Tony to quit chatting about it. So those things I feel rushed doing, I was able to do more thoughtfully and with better form, and those things I typically keep up on, I finished before they did and just ran in place waiting for them to catch up. I feel fabulous!
  • cynthials
    Options
    I slept hard last night and still could not find the energy to get up and work out this morning. I opted to take today as rest but I did work hard around the house - vacuumed, mopped, cleaned windows and washed the curtains. I am going to push my schedule back one day and will be doing Kenpo tomorrow morning. I think I will just stay on track and skip XStretch this week, which was supposed to be Thursday.

Also wanted to add that Turbo Fire was released today, 2 days early. I am planning to buy this in a few weeks and am looking forward to trying it out.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Today is a rest day for me. I had two fillings put in so I'm over it for today!!!! I can't feel my face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PJilly
    Options
    G'morning!

X Stretch is on the schedule for this morning. I have to say I get a little bored with Recovery Weeks. I'm all antsy to start Phase 3 Monday. Speaking of looking forward to starting things, I think I've talked myself into ordering TurboFire. I hope it's as fun (and effective) as it looks.

Iceprincess, I hope you've recovered from yesterday's fillings. Those are NO fun.

cynthia, your housework sounds like more of a workout than Kenpo X! I hope you have more energy today. Say, when do you plan to start TF, or have you decided? I think I will start Labor Day. We go on vacation the last week of August, and I don't want to start a program only to interrupt it with vacation. I'll go back to Slim Series after this round of X is done to stay out of trouble until I start TurboFire. My legs are begging for Debbie to work them hard anyway. :tongue:

Have a great day, everybody!
  • longhorns2
    longhorns2 Posts: 23
    Options
    Last workout of Phase I... now on to the "rest" week before starting Phase II.

When did yall start seeing results?
  • cynthials
    Options
    Patty - I think I lost an inch from my waist and hips each in Phase 1. I am doing my second round of measurements this Sunday. I have only lost 5 pounds on the scale but my clothes are starting to fit better. From what I have read on the beachbody forums, p90x is designed for your body peak in results during Phase 3 (or even later, if you are very overweight).

Jill - My friend and I are planning to split the cost of TF at the end of June (I am waiting for some money from a consignment sale next week :wink: ). My current p90x round won't end until Jul 25 but I know I won't be able to hold off trying it until then. :laugh: I may incorporate 2 of my cardio days in Phase 3 as TF. I am really anxious to try it! I used to do HIIT (before baby) and loved it, I know my body responds well and I am so anxious to get back down to my smaller clothes!!

Iceprincess - I hope your mouth is feeling better today!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Last workout of Phase I... now on to the "rest" week before starting Phase II.

When did yall start seeing results?
    I saw a load of results with Slim in 6 and Slim Series before doing this round of P90X, so the differences I'm seeing now are slow and very gradual.
  • PJilly
    Options
    Jill - My friend and I are planning to split the cost of TF at the end of June (I am waiting for some money from a consignment sale next week :wink: ). My current p90x round won't end until Jul 25 but I know I won't be able to hold off trying it until then. :laugh: I may incorporate 2 of my cardio days in Phase 3 as TF. I am really anxious to try it! I used to do HIIT (before baby) and loved it, I know my body responds well and I am so anxious to get back down to my smaller clothes!!
    I've never done HIIT, which is one of the big reasons I am eager to give TF a whirl. I'm getting excited to do it!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Yoga X today, rest day tomorrow, and Phase 3 begins Monday!

How's everybody doing?
  • cynthials
    Options
    One of my friends gave me a different Yoga DVD today to try. I actually enjoyed it a lot more than YogaX. I've not done much yoga so I thought it was always supposed to be as hard as YogaX. Guess not! I may never do YogaX again! :laugh:
  • cynthials
    Options
    Chest & Back completed (this was my first time doing this workout). Tough workout and I woke up with a pounding headache, which didn't help. :tongue: I did not get Ab Ripper done because the baby woke up at the end of my workout.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Completely fell off the P90X train after hurting my leg. I am going to start phase 3 over.
  • PJilly
    Options
    Oh man, Ab Ripper X was tough after a week of not doing it. I've decided now that my least favorite move is Oblique V-Ups. I'm learning to love the V-Up Rollups, though!
  • cynthials
    Options
    I can't do the Oblique V-up, I look so stupid!! :huh:
  • PJilly
    Options
    I can't do the Oblique V-up, I look so stupid!! :huh:
    I'm not sure I can either. I do something, but I'm pretty sure it's not the same thing Tony & Co. are doing. :tongue: :laugh: