Experience with SlimQuick?

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    First of all the SQ system is designed to counteract the reproductive enzymes that cause women to gain weight. There are herbal stimulants in the colonic that prevent weight and water retention as well as flushing your system and there is no need for a liquid diet or anything. There's actually quite a significant amount of ways that this system differs from others due to the fact that it is specifically for women. Back to my original point, still very little from people who have actually used it.
    Here's a hint of maybe why: because people who actually understand how the body works knows it doesn't.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kend9998
    kend9998 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Science Mama, i have tried it, and it didn't work for me.
  • Z3NN4
    Z3NN4 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thank you to those of you who actually answered the question. It is fabulous to see that there are people in these forums with reading and comprehension skills! :bigsmile:

I am sorry to those of you who were offended that I was not interested in your advice, you were irritating me greatly for not listening to that simple fact, but I can thank you for the e-mails I have gotten from spectators who were also consumers that were willing to write and share their negative and (very rarely) positive experiences with me.:tongue:

General consensus is very few in here are much looking to help anyone else as much as to show off what knowledge they think they have. Report this if you must. I will not be posting in these forums. You elitists enjoy giving the "fat kids" their verbal wedgies. I hope it builds up your confidence and gets ya through another day. :laugh:

Happy Sunday all!!

:drinker:
  • jryan83
    jryan83 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have not tried SlimQuick, but I have tried other cleansing systems. First off, I have to differentiate between "weight loss" and "fat loss". Cleanse systems will cause some "weight loss", strictly .lb coming off scale. This is mostly in the form of waste and water. You may feel more energetic and less bloated, which can make you "feel" like your loosing "fat" (that's the one you want to loose btw.) and your not. It's basically masking your true losses.

If your doctor doesn't have anything against using it, neither do I. Just be realistic about it's effects. Like you said, cleanses are mostly laxatives, which over an extended period are not healthy to take. Using a cleanse periodically when you reach stalls or plateaus should be fine.

Just maintain your diet and exercise routines. As long as you are creating a caloric deficit you will loose eventually. I would track your progress more in inches and body fat % lost than .lbs. Also as I'm sure you know, when you don't have much to lose or the the closer you get to your goal, the longer it takes. Be patient, grasshoppa!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ...General consensus is very few in here are much looking to help anyone else as much as to show off what knowledge they think they have. Report this if you must. I will not be posting in these forums. You elitists enjoy giving the "fat kids" their verbal wedgies. I hope it builds up your confidence and gets ya through another day...
    Or is it maybe that all the "elitists" are trying to educate people so they don't waste their money on useless, ineffective diet scams?

Some people want to hear what they want to hear, and they don't want to hear anything else. If you tell them their ridiculous fad diet, cleanse, detox, etc. is useless and won't accomplish the desired purpose, you're considered "rude" and/or "mean" (as evidenced by your post). However, the good thing is that maybe others reading the thread (whose minds aren't so made up) may actually benefit from the advice and decide to stick with a reasonable, effective course of action which will get them the results they want instead of wasting their time and money on a scam. If even one person benefits in such a way, the efforts by all those snobby "elitist" people was worthwhile.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Thank you to those of you who actually answered the question. It is fabulous to see that there are people in these forums with reading and comprehension skills! :bigsmile:

I am sorry to those of you who were offended that I was not interested in your advice, you were irritating me greatly for not listening to that simple fact, but I can thank you for the e-mails I have gotten from spectators who were also consumers that were willing to write and share their negative and (very rarely) positive experiences with me.:tongue:

General consensus is very few in here are much looking to help anyone else as much as to show off what knowledge they think they have. Report this if you must. I will not be posting in these forums. You elitists enjoy giving the "fat kids" their verbal wedgies. I hope it builds up your confidence and gets ya through another day. :laugh:

Happy Sunday all!!

The general consensus is that most people in this thread only care about things that actually produce results and are healthy, and are trying to help keep others from buying silly magic diet pills that won't do anything for them.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    if you aren't seeing results either
    1. your diet is wrong - you are missing important minerals etc (paleo is pretty restrictive so that can be a result. Are you getting enough protein?)
    2. your definition of exercise is pretty off, or you are over exercising and not eating enough
    3. you are too impatient and need to give things time - don't rely on a number on the scales, take measurements and look in the mirror

I have only ever read pretty bad things about diet pills - not nice going to the bathroom for starters!

MISSING important nutrients with a Paleo lifestyle? NOT. The few beneficial nutrients in grain are in higher amounts in other food. Not getting enough protein on Paleo? Huh? I actually have to watch that I don't get too much. If one doesn't understand the lifestyle, why talk about it?

But agreed about all diet products: crap.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Magic potions don't equal long term results. Eat right - exercise, skip the scams.

Yup!
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

Happy Sunday all!!

Ugh...
  • jamiep926
    jamiep926 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Two years ago, I've tried both slim quick pills and raspberry packet that you mix with water along with my low calorie diet. I didn't however tried the cleanse.
    They both worked for me and lost an average of 2 pounds a week. I think it was my 4th or 5th week, I stopped taking them because I injured my knee while working out at the gym..

Over all experience was good with little side effect and I didn't gain back the weight.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Op - when I was your age (which admittedly is nearly 20 years ago) I tried just about every diet pill under the sun for quick fixes, including ones that had the same ingredient list as the one you're asking about. They didn't produce any noticeable differences I have to say. The only pill I popped in my mouth back then that led to weight-loss was Ecstasy....mostly because soon after taking it I'd happily dance around a drafty warehouse for 6 hours afterwards. I'm afraid to say that the only pills that actually do make you drop weight are the illegal variety and that's not a good route to go down.

I know the numbers on the scales are scary - I'm in the same number range as you are. I'm trying hard to love myself as I am and let weight loss simply be a by-product of changing my lifestyle in a steady progression of little ways to make me generally healthier and happier over-all. Looking back through 20-yrs of dieting it seems to me that the one thing that caused failure each time was that I hated myself and therefore every tiny stall or set-back piled hate on hate until I'd give up in a volcanic outbursting of frustration and self-loathing, only to stuff my face again because I was obviously a failure anyway. Now I'm convinced you that you have to love yourself and then you'll want to take care of yourself better.

Good luck!
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Just want to say that I have read thousands of weight loss stories (I love them!) and I have NEVER seen ANYONE attribute their weight loss to any pill or potion.

With one exception!

Yeah you guessed -- in adverts for that "weight loss product"!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    OP, you don't need those pills. If you want some help with paleo or exercise, feel free to add me. I'm doing pretty well eating paleo/primal and working out, and am more than happy to offer whatever I can in the way of support.
  • MissJJ74
    MissJJ74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Meh, I saw both sides of the argument on this one.

The OP asked for an opinion on a specific product from people who have tried it. If you didn't try it, then simply don't bother responding. Talking about other things is irrelevant for the sake of the thread. We all know some people will try the latest fads or gimmicks no matter what people say, otherwise it wouldn't be a billion dollar industry.

On the same token, attacking people who are trying to help defeats the purpose as well. It's a lot easier to simply say "I appreciate the input, but I spent money on this product and curious what people think who have used it, so please let's keep this on topic". Alienating people just makes the ones who legitimately want to help feel less inclined to do so.

I think most people know that no fat loss product on the shelves works long term. If it's used at all, it should be used as a jump start and nothing more. Keeping realistic is what's best and know that sure, you could lose weight now, but to keep it off, you will need to change your lifestyle, and that is an ongoing process, not a lose a pants size in 2 weeks crap claim.
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    OP forget about taking SlimQuick - you need a chill pill!
  • Z3NN4
    Z3NN4 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Meh, I saw both sides of the argument on this one.

The OP asked for an opinion on a specific product from people who have tried it. If you didn't try it, then simply don't bother responding. Talking about other things is irrelevant for the sake of the thread. We all know some people will try the latest fads or gimmicks no matter what people say, otherwise it wouldn't be a billion dollar industry.

On the same token, attacking people who are trying to help defeats the purpose as well. It's a lot easier to simply say "I appreciate the input, but I spent money on this product and curious what people think who have used it, so please let's keep this on topic". Alienating people just makes the ones who legitimately want to help feel less inclined to do so.

I think most people know that no fat loss product on the shelves works long term. If it's used at all, it should be used as a jump start and nothing more. Keeping realistic is what's best and know that sure, you could lose weight now, but to keep it off, you will need to change your lifestyle, and that is an ongoing process, not a lose a pants size in 2 weeks crap claim.

This. All of it. Admittedly I should have choose better timing.
  • whosthathotchick
    Options
    I use it and I love it. It gives you energy and helps with water weight. People on here are so quick to discount things that are different then their own weight loss plan. As long as you pair it with a healthy diet and exercise it will help.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I used it. also used 19 other pills. (years ago, before pregnancy) I think it helped with water weight, and I don't care what others say. water weight gone is still weight gone. good luck and great success to you
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    I use it and I love it. It gives you energy and helps with water weight. People on here are so quick to discount things that are different then their own weight loss plan. As long as you pair it with a healthy diet and exercise it will help.
    And if you didn't, then a healthy diet and exercise won't help?:laugh:
    Guaranteed that it doesn't work if you're not in calorie deficit. No diet pill or program will if there's no calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    And if you didn't, then a healthy diet and exercise won't help?:laugh:
    Guaranteed that it doesn't work if you're not in calorie deficit. No diet pill or program will if there's no calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

So, lemme get this straight, you are saying you have to have a calorie deficit?