Experience with SlimQuick?

Options
123457»

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I use it and I love it. It gives you energy and helps with water weight. People on here are so quick to discount things that are different then their own weight loss plan. As long as you pair it with a healthy diet and exercise it will help.
    And if you didn't, then a healthy diet and exercise won't help?:laugh:
    Guaranteed that it doesn't work if you're not in calorie deficit. No diet pill or program will if there's no calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

So, lemme get this straight, you are saying you have to have a calorie deficit?

Yes, that is what he is saying. To lose weight, you have to burn more than you consume. Basic physics.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Who defibbed this?
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I don't want to sound discouraging but you probably won't hear of anyone around here attributing lasting success to anything like that. A simple reasonable caloric deficit over time is all that provides results; anything else would violate the laws of thermodynamics. You don't look like a scofflaw. Obey the laws!!

scofflaw is the best word ever.
  • Z3NN4
    Z3NN4 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I use it and I love it. It gives you energy and helps with water weight. People on here are so quick to discount things that are different then their own weight loss plan. As long as you pair it with a healthy diet and exercise it will help.

After the ridiculousness that has transpired here, I admire your courage to come fourth with your experience, Amanda. Thank you. (= I am still using it as a supplement. I don't use it all the time because I don't feel like I need the extra energy, I don't work excessively work out like I was and I eat pretty healthy so the detox isn't a daily necessity.

I want to add to anyone else reading this that I am currently researching botany and I have uncovered the reason behind the success of the ingredients in the supplements and if you interested, feel free to do a search at botanical-online.com to learn about them. Plants and minerals are very fascinating and the body utilizes them in a very intricate way- too much and too few of any one component is always a negative. I still have so much to learn. We all do. Don't let anyone here convince you otherwise.

Best of luck to you, Amanda and thanks again!
  • Z3NN4
    Options
    I used it. also used 19 other pills. (years ago, before pregnancy) I think it helped with water weight, and I don't care what others say. water weight gone is still weight gone. good luck and great success to you

Thanks a bunch, lady! Right back at you! 17 lbs down since the original post. I've gone on and off the stuff and none of the weight has come back. I certainly don't regret paying a small fee for a decent supplement that lives up to its claim. :)
  • beautifuldiskize
    Options
    My friend Jessica did Slimquick and they worked! She said that after 2 weeks is when they kick in and that she had to force herself to eat because she was never hungry. However, she said that they made her feel VERY jittery and not to make sure your last dose is at least 6 hours before bed. She also said she forgot about taking them and had an energy drink and that was a big no-no. Said she felt like she was having a heart-attack!

I just purchased the caffeine free version of these and I hope they suppress my appetite like the regular ones did hers. I'm hoping it's not just all the energy stuff that made her not hungry. I would like to shrink my appetite and eating smaller portions is just not working for me. I always end up overeating.

She is one of my best friend's and has no reason to lie about these things. She lost 24 pounds in one month but I'm not sure if that was after the 2 week period or what. She said they take 2 weeks to "kick in"

Hope I helped. Goodluck!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I used it. also used 19 other pills. (years ago, before pregnancy) I think it helped with water weight, and I don't care what others say. water weight gone is still weight gone. good luck and great success to you

Thanks a bunch, lady! Right back at you! 17 lbs down since the original post. I've gone on and off the stuff and none of the weight has come back. I certainly don't regret paying a small fee for a decent supplement that lives up to its claim. :)
    Bill Nye would be ashamed of your magical thinking. You should remove your science ticker.
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    The cleanse is the only thing I have used thus far and so far I love it, I am concerned about gaining back weight though because I take medication that other people are known to gain weight on. Oh, by the way, that would be another reason I am having issues losing oh mighty brilliant critiquers of my diet and exercise.

If you stop using the product, yes, you will gain back the weight. That is why fad diets like this one DO NOT WORK. It was already explained to you IN DETAIL that this is a scheme by weight loss companies to get you to buy their product. If it worked the first time and the weight stayed off, how would they make any money.

This is called common sense. It's much more accurate than science and nobody will charge you a dime for it.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    No one here is trying to put you on trial or slam you for asking this.
    They're just telling you ANY kind of pill is not a healthy way to lose weight. Even though it may be happening slower than you'd like, eating at a deficit and excercising will make you lose weight. This isn't a sprint process, it's really supposed to be meant to be slow, so its done at a healthy pace.
    You're not going to get people who are going to support this here because no one here really wants to stand on top of a mountain one day yelling "THANK YOU SLIM QUICK!!".
  • CubicCutie
    Options
    I''m with ready2 Rock on this. Save the money for a nice new pair of jeans after you have burnt the fat off from sheer effort and hard work.
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options

It's been a month. If you can manage to gain more than a pound or two in a month, you are doing something wrong. That is not definitive proof of anything than the fact you have a bad attitude and only want to hear that this product is great and you did the right thing.

If you want that, I am sure SlimQuick has a forum when you can do that. Here, people aren't paid to endorse diet fads.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I've known people that have used it and it gave them the boost / confidence to continue to lose weight. It was a good 'starter' for them and they have continued to learn and get in shape. I myself tried it but it made me ill - as many things do. So you need to do what works for you. Keep logging to see how things work out for you. Good luck with your journey.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Magic potions don't equal long term results. Eat right - exercise, skip the scams.
  • beautifuldiskize
    Options
    They're just telling you ANY kind of pill is not a healthy way to lose weight. Even though it may be happening slower than you'd like, eating at a deficit and excercising will make you lose weight. This isn't a sprint process, it's really supposed to be meant to be slow, so its done at a healthy pace.
    You're not going to get people who are going to support this here because no one here really wants to stand on top of a mountain one day yelling "THANK YOU SLIM QUICK!!".

Maybe some of the poster's intentions were good but perhaps they shouldn't be such smartasses about it. There are ways to explain things without getting snippy and sarcastic.
  • Z3NN4
    Options

Maybe some of the poster's intentions were good but perhaps they shouldn't be such smartasses about it. There are ways to explain things without getting snippy and sarcastic.

Yeah. Pretty much. Opinions are like *kitten*, no? I have to kick myself is the butt here, though, you know? I mean I guess I figured enough people would put it together that I was specifically looking for those with experience but most people just want to "PWN" on the internet or something and don't even take the time to see what an OP is really looking for before unleashing on someone. ;) I've seen it happen on here a lot. On the bright side I've made a lot of friends because of this post and my willingness to calls it as I sees it and not knock something simply because it is marketed to aid in losing weight. Granted there's tons of scams out there in the weight loss world and every where else... but it is also quite naive to think you know everything and not at least do the research. Thank you for you your input as well. (=
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Magic potions don't equal long term results. Eat right - exercise, skip the scams.

^This
  • Shelleben82
    Shelleben82 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! Lots of cynicism in this forum. I have taken the slim quick cleanse 6 months after i gave birth to my son, it jump started my weight loss, after child birth i weighed at 200 lbs because i was obviously careless and naive to my health when i was pregnant. when i started the cleanse i was at 180lbs and lost around 20lbs. Once i finished the cleanse i kept up with a healthy diet and exercise routine. Although i did not find my motivation to be 'healthy' and eat clean until i took the cleanse which promotes an obvious healthy diet menu like all diet and workout programs i.e. pills,insanity,cross-fit,nutritionists you name it, its all the same. I think if it motivates you and is something that helps you get a jump start then go for it, its all mind over matter. Who cares if its going to cost you 20$ a month, a jar of coconut oil or chia seeds costs about the same, as well as all those other healthy omegas and proteins... i dont think its a big deal. You said you've had a good weight loss with it and congrats! Just be sure to use it as a stepping stool not a quick fix. Once you finish taking it, maybe you could up your workouts to something more vigorous or longer to give your body an extra push and keep your body from going into shock once it starves for your daily supplement. Good Luck to you.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! Lots of cynicism in this forum.

Cynicism? No. A lot of people who know what it actually takes and that expensive magic pills are not a part of it.
  • Z3NN4
    Options
    WOW!!!! Lots of cynicism in this forum. I have taken the slim quick cleanse 6 months after i gave birth to my son, it jump started my weight loss, after child birth i weighed at 200 lbs because i was obviously careless and naive to my health when i was pregnant. when i started the cleanse i was at 180lbs and lost around 20lbs. Once i finished the cleanse i kept up with a healthy diet and exercise routine. Although i did not find my motivation to be 'healthy' and eat clean until i took the cleanse which promotes an obvious healthy diet menu like all diet and workout programs i.e. pills,insanity,cross-fit,nutritionists you name it, its all the same. I think if it motivates you and is something that helps you get a jump start then go for it, its all mind over matter. Who cares if its going to cost you 20$ a month, a jar of coconut oil or chia seeds costs about the same, as well as all those other healthy omegas and proteins... i dont think its a big deal. You said you've had a good weight loss with it and congrats! Just be sure to use it as a stepping stool not a quick fix. Once you finish taking it, maybe you could up your workouts to something more vigorous or longer to give your body an extra push and keep your body from going into shock once it starves for your daily supplement. Good Luck to you.

You are absolutely right. What we put in, healthy sustenance, be it in the form of fresh, unmodified produce, bread made from sprouts, oils made from nuts or capsules filled with dried herbs and minerals (where is this magic I keep hearing about? is my website missing a page? Are my pamphlets missing information? I want the magic!)... it's going to cost money because it nourishes the body properly, unlike ramen and kool aid.

As for the cynicism, Shell, well, these people know everything, don't you know? Apparently they have read all the books, they know everyone's metabolic capacity and that the same calories in/calories out is going to fit you like a glove no matter how your insides work. That mind-over matter stuff? All in your head. You just imagined success with supplements. ;)