Why don't women pay for dates?

Options

Replies

• footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    General rule IF you want this guy to last - he pays for the first MINIMUM 5 dates! You can offere on the 6th and it can go to 10 then you treat him. No hanky panky for the first month (MINIMUM!!!) and you don't see each other more then twice a week with 3 day notice. If he asks you on a Wednesday to go out Saturday - great. If he calls you Thursday Friday to see you Saturday - no. If he calls you Saturday definitely NO! He needs to learn you have a life...

All of this is called chivalry - don't know what that is? Men should learn and so should women, self respect is important :)

Now that my man and I have been together almost 2 years, we split on things, but he generally pays to take me out. I purchase groceries when he's over and make dinner which he appreciates more then me taking him anywhere because he loves my cooking!

Point is... if you can't pay for a woman on the first date, you're a loser, you are not worthy of her and don't respect/want her enough so she doesn't want you.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    General rule IF you want this guy to last - he pays for the first MINIMUM 5 dates! You can offere on the 6th and it can go to 10 then you treat him. No hanky panky for the first month (MINIMUM!!!) and you don't see each other more then twice a week with 3 day notice. If he asks you on a Wednesday to go out Saturday - great. If he calls you Thursday Friday to see you Saturday - no. If he calls you Saturday definitely NO! He needs to learn you have a life...

All of this is called chivalry - don't know what that is? Men should learn and so should women, self respect is important :)

Now that my man and I have been together almost 2 years, we split on things, but he generally pays to take me out. I purchase groceries when he's over and make dinner which he appreciates more then me taking him anywhere because he loves my cooking!

Point is... if you can't pay for a woman on the first date, you're a loser, you are not worthy of her and don't respect/want her enough so she doesn't want you.

Oh *kitten* no.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

it took a while, but --
    tumblr_mgozbhtqap1qhnoxno1_500.gif
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    When my boyfriend and I go out, I pay. That is because I make a lot more money than him and I want to go out. When my husband and I go out, he pays for the same reason.... :smokin:

:flowerforyou:
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    This thread reminds me that I would not do well dating. I think if my marriage ended I'd have to remain single with a FWB maybe. Too many rules and game playing and drama. no thanks!
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

Or: If you are a woman who hasn't got enough pride to at least offer to split then you are a doormat and I dont want anything to do with you. :tongue:
  • Mrder37
    Mrder37 Posts: 904
    Options
    I have a load of sisters and them and my ma would kill me if I brought a girl out and didn't pay in Ireland us men always pay :)
  • xxempress
    xxempress Posts: 122
    Options
    ....waiting for a dude to say "this is why I am gay" hahaahaha!!!

All jokes aside, I'm just as generous & have too much pride to let a man pay for me. You females sound needy as fuuuug!
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    The question: "Why don't women pay for dates?" My answer: A real man will not allow it! I still try, after 18 years of marriage, to never allow my wife to even open a door. A woman is precious to a man (I Peter 3:7). A moral woman is more precious than fine jewelry (Proverbs 31:10). Thus, a man treats her delicately and with respect.

Does this answer make anyone else want to vomit?

Nope. I'd love it if my husband thought to open doors or even to help the kids out of the van and walk with us, instead of hurrying off at has own pace. Holding hands would be great, too.

Or:It manages to combine mysogyny and christian evangelism in one sickly little paragraph.
    How is wanting to treat his wife like a treasure mysogyny? I really don't see evangelism in there. He's quoting the bible to explain his reasons for treating his wife with respect and consideration. If he quoted Shakespeare, would he be trying to create citizens of England?

Because it assumes she is incapable of performing even the most basic of daily functions without a big, strong man to help her - and the evangelism is contained within the premise that what he does is the 'right' way because that bible book says so.

He never said she was incapable, or that others were required to live according to his beliefs. I'm going to read between the lines, here, and assume you've had pushy people try to convert you, so maybe you're a bit sensitive whenever the subject comes up? I'm a Bible believer, myself, and I've seen both ends of the spectrum, and I cringe when the pushiness happens. Jesus Himself advises against it.
  • SteveJWatson
    Options
    I have a load of sisters and them and my ma would kill me if I brought a girl out and didn't pay in Ireland us men always pay :)

On the other hand, I have a daughter and I would like her to have pride in her ability to stand on her own two feet and not need a man to pay for her dinner.
  • Mrder37
    Options
    I have a daughter to and if some **** took her out bored her with his crap and then made her pay he would be getting my foot up his *kitten*
  • brianna49415
    Options
    I personally think, in general, paying for the date makes the man feel like a man. And women like to be pampered-it's flattering!
    I always offer to pay my half of the bill, but I can't remember a time that the guy allowed me to do that on a first date. My last boyfriend on our first date said "I asked you to lunch, I pay the bill" or something along those lines., which makes sense.
  • SteveJWatson
    Options
    I have a daughter to and if some **** took her out bored her with his crap and then made her pay he would be getting my foot up his *kitten*

I should hope if she was going out with him, he wouldn't be boring her. I would expect her to pay her half. If he paid, I'd wonder what he was hoping to get out of it.
  • Mrder37
    Options
    I told you what he gets a foot in the *kitten*:smile:
  • SteveJWatson
    Options

To be honest this is how I feel about the concept of boys and my daughter whether he pays or not. I'll make sure to be cleaning my shotgun when he turns up.....
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

To be honest this is how I feel about the concept of boys and my daughter whether he pays or not. I'll make sure to be cleaning my shotgun when he turns up.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb9aGovCJYY This is how I plan on handling my daughter's dates when the time comes...
  • Mrder37
    Options
    I like you're thinking buddy
  • Blair_Waldorf
    Blair_Waldorf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The question: "Why don't women pay for dates?" My answer: A real man will not allow it! I still try, after 18 years of marriage, to never allow my wife to even open a door. A woman is precious to a man (I Peter 3:7). A moral woman is more precious than fine jewelry (Proverbs 31:10). Thus, a man treats her delicately and with respect.

BEST ANSWER!! :happy: You're awesome!! There should be more men in the world like you!!
  • lucille_heather
    lucille_heather Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Suppose us girls like to be wined and dined and treated good!
    I still offer to pay for things though if im out on dates! Its polite to!
  • nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    When I was dating, If I asked a guy on a date, I paid. End of story. I think more and more people are just feeling so entitled. It's sad really. Now my husband and I fight over who pays in a joking manner since it comes from the same account. XD