Why don't women pay for dates?

Options

Replies

• SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Huh?

I offered to pay for dinner on my date on Friday... Whatcha talking about?

I am talking about you not grabbing that paycheck and not letting go till you paid the WHOLE amount!

XD
    freaking undeads
  • IHAVEPMS247
    IHAVEPMS247 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lxjlw4AnIX1rn1xxfo1_250.gif

You all are entertaining
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Hi Taunto!
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    We already have to pay to get our hair done, nails done, makeup, new clothes, shoes, accessories, etc., because we "don't have anything to wear!" If we had to pay for dinner, too, we wouldn't be able to afford many dates.

What kind of naked homeless men are you going out with ...?

Hey! Some of them are very sweet and considerate. One even made sure to wash himself at the windshield cleaner bucket at the gas station before we went out. I love the smell of windex.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    The question: "Why don't women pay for dates?" My answer: A real man will not allow it! I still try, after 18 years of marriage, to never allow my wife to even open a door. A woman is precious to a man (I Peter 3:7). A moral woman is more precious than fine jewelry (Proverbs 31:10). Thus, a man treats her delicately and with respect.

Does this answer make anyone else want to vomit?
  • metaphoria
    Options
    Edited for typo and it double posted...
  • metaphoria
    Options
    The question: "Why don't women pay for dates?" My answer: A real man will not allow it! I still try, after 18 years of marriage, to never allow my wife to even open a door. A woman is precious to a man (I Peter 3:7). A moral woman is more precious than fine jewelry (Proverbs 31:10). Thus, a man treats her delicately and with respect.

Nope. I'd love it if my husband thought to open doors or even to help the kids out of the van and walk with us, instead of hurrying off at his own pace. Holding hands would be great, too.
  • SteveJWatson
    Options

Nope. I'd love it if my husband thought to open doors or even to help the kids out of the van and walk with us, instead of hurrying off at has own pace. Holding hands would be great, too.

Or:It manages to combine mysogyny and christian evangelism in one sickly little paragraph.

Edited to add: of course people open doors for men and women - its polite, not because some monotheistic god told me to or because women are delicate flowers.
  • Shananigans_
    Shananigans_ Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    because, why else would we take away from our busy schedules of being awesome to have to deal with some misogynist idiot?

:flowerforyou:
  • metaphoria
    Options

Nope. I'd love it if my husband thought to open doors or even to help the kids out of the van and walk with us, instead of hurrying off at has own pace. Holding hands would be great, too.

Or:It manages to combine mysogyny and christian evangelism in one sickly little paragraph.
    How is wanting to treat his wife like a treasure mysogyny? I really don't see evangelism in there. He's quoting the bible to explain his reasons for treating his wife with respect and consideration. If he quoted Shakespeare, would he be trying to create citizens of England?
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    If someone asks ME out, I assume they will pay. If I ask THEM out, I would pay. Simples.

Yup.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I love my woman. Sometimes I go to Jared's. Sometimes she goes to Jared's. That's just how we role.

(I mean, "roll." Wait... I mean "role." whatever.)
  • metaphoria
    Options
    If someone asks ME out, I assume they will pay. If I ask THEM out, I would pay. Simples.

Yup.

I had this rule. It made guys really uncomfortable. Even a guy who was dating my friend wanted to pay for my dinner, and got upset that I paid for his movie ticket, in return.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    btw, do people not realize this was a joke post or people just chose to ignore that? I didn't thought I laid it out THAT thick...

People don't like when you joke around on the "chit-chat, fun, and games" board. I think the "Success stories" board is a more appropriate place for your type of humor.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

Yup.

I had this rule. It made guys really uncomfortable. Even a guy who was dating my friend wanted to pay for my dinner, and got upset that I paid for his movie ticket, in return.

I wouldn't call it a rule as much as being polite--whoever does the asking out should be prepared to pay, or plan a cheap or free date instead ;) I have had that experience where I ask someone out (hasn't happened in a LONG time!) and then THEY insist on paying...if they insist, I'm ok with that because it's a very nice gesture...but I would want to pay the tip or something. I've even had situations with hanging out with guy friends (NOT dating) and they insisted on paying for stuff...
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Do men really still take your coat and open the doors? I mean AFTER first dates??? I have been missing out if so.

12 years later and mine still does. It's the little things that made me fall in love with him, why would he stop now. If you are playing for keeps, you don't offer up anything you wouldn't do for a lifetime.
  • aross001
    aross001 Posts: 237
    Options
    threads like this...make me glad im gay lmao

how the hell do you know who pays on a date??! What a logistical nightmare... ;)
  • TheChocolatePrincess
    TheChocolatePrincess Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    In my country, when a man takes a woman out on a date, the woman pays for everything. The womens family usually does if she can't afford it. I like my culture. Why don't we have that in the west? I thought women have more means of making money there. Why have the man pay for your food?

I mean men here have multiple wives so its hard on our pocket. The least you can do is pick up a check...

Lets pull some key phrases here to quickly answer your question:

"In my country" - WELCOME TO THE WEST!

"I like my culture" - "Culture" is different than country, the only suggestion I have for you is to stick to women of your culture, maybe THEY will pay?

"I thought women have more means of making money there." - Actually, in America (can't speak for everywhere else), men typically make more money than women for doing the same work. We have laws in place to protect against it, however, it is still a reality.

"Why have the man pay for your food?" - Because he asked for the date. If a man asks a woman on a date then he should pay. It's a part of the culturally western dating ritual.

"I mean men here have multiple wives so its hard on our pocket." - This, my friend, is called "polygamy" and in the good ol United States of America is "illegal" (well except in some areas of Utah)...Anywho, for the most part, you can go to jail for polygamy. Additionally, your children will be removed from your home and you will find yourself in somebodies jail cell. Well I guess you could still practice in jail, though I am unsure of the likelihood of you getting to be the "husband"...ROTFLMAO!

Again, welcome to the west, if you ain't digging the dating scene then I am sure that the lovely ladies of the east will welcome you home with open arms :-)
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options

Yup.

I wouldn't call it a rule as much as being polite--whoever does the asking out should be prepared to pay, or plan a cheap or free date instead ;) I have had that experience where I ask someone out (hasn't happened in a LONG time!) and then THEY insist on paying...if they insist, I'm ok with that because it's a very nice gesture...but I would want to pay the tip or something. I've even had situations with hanging out with guy friends (NOT dating) and they insisted on paying for stuff...

I had this happen as well. I did the asking, and we went to a movie, but he got to the theater early and paid for the tickets before I could! So I insisted on paying for snacks and everything worked out :)
  • SteveJWatson
    Options

How is wanting to treat his wife like a treasure mysogyny? I really don't see evangelism in there. He's quoting the bible to explain his reasons for treating his wife with respect and consideration. If he quoted Shakespeare, would he be trying to create citizens of England?

Because it assumes she is incapable of performing even the most basic of daily functions without a big, strong man to help her - and the evangelism is contained within the premise that what he does is the 'right' way because that bible book says so.