Why don't women pay for dates?

Options
167891012»

Replies

• eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Suppose us girls like to be wined and dined and treated good!
    I still offer to pay for things though if im out on dates! Its polite to!

Wine and dine? I'll do it. :)
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    i would never pay for a date unless

* i have been with the person for a long time
    * i live with my SO and he pays all the bills
    * if he is broke and i have money and want to go out

those are the ONLY reasons why i would pay for something like that... i would NEVER EVER pay to have a guy take me out..
    You make a lot of sense. If I ever date again I'm not going to pay either unless all those conditions are met.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    you get what you pay for and honey if you ain't payin' for it then you ain't gettin' it!!
    That's illegal in most places in the U.S.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    i would never pay for a date unless

* i have been with the person for a long time
    * i live with my SO and he pays all the bills
    * if he is broke and i have money and want to go out

those are the ONLY reasons why i would pay for something like that... i would NEVER EVER pay to have a guy take me out.. unless the options above apply... I am old fashioned.. and honestly if a guy cant even have the manors or respect to pay for me than why would i waste my time... I just feel worth it.. if a guy doesnt pay for me than it makes me think were " just friends" ( i have never had a problem with a first date though ) so.. idk... i guess i just go for gentlemen.... I wont settle for anything less..

come on its just the way it should be... women these days sometimes pay for everything and are the breadmakers in the family while the guy sits at home.. I personally want a life of luxury... so... i choose not to do that.. im not currently wealthy but if i were to move out i wouldnt settle for anything less than a well earned man.... :)

So you say "move out"? I'm going to assume that you live with your parents then. You are going to live with your parents until you find a rich man to pay for everything you need? What if you can't find a rich man who is also a good "match" for you? Someone you can love, respect, hang out with? Funny, smart, passionate, etc? "Well earned" is your number one qualifier?
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I pay for dates all the time. Especially if the activity is my idea. I don't consider myself to be so precious that I can't pitch in a proper share. I bought my own house dammit, I can pay for a dinner!

Besides, I usually base my choice in men on different qualities than the size of their bank account.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    For the same reason that it is usually assumed that a woman will take on her husband's last name when they get married. You can pick your reason--tradition, sexism, display of power, chivalry, etc.

My husband and I always split the bill dating and now have a joint bank account. We don't really follow gender roles, we just divide up chores and responsibilities based on who hates what the most.

and BAM! A grown up!!