How to target back fat?

Options

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Ok, haven't read the whole thread, but OP, if you are uncomfortable doing weights because you are afraid you will look too masculine (you won't, honestly, it's not that easy), why not try some form of exercise like pilates or yoga? Some women feel more comfortable with these.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to these men. Hire a FEMALE personal trainer and talk to her. Men don't understand a woman's body. It's not the same. Women's bodies are even designed to hold on to fat in preparation for childbirth. It doesn't know there isn't a famine around the corner. Women even have certain days of the month they should be buffing and certain days of the month they should be boosting. It's based on hormones. Your diet and your workouts should be based on that. How many men can explain that one?

1. Lose more weight.
    2. Start strength training
    3. If you have a back, chest, arms and shoulders, upper body strength training is probably a good idea.

- FROM A WOMAN.

So, what is the miracle it takes to make me lose weight since old-fashioned diet and exercise won't work? And don't tell me patience and dedication....I am about fed up after 13 months.

Lift heavy weights.. build some muscle. As you lose weight you lose muscle in the process which makes you look bigger than you are an normally leads to a higher body fat %. You need to just lower your body fat % which is best done by little to no cardio and lifting heavy weights while eating at maintance or slightly above. More muscle burns more fat.

Building muscle will not make you bulky or look like a man unless you are taking drugs. A woman can't build much muscle without suppliments. Muscle just makes you look smaller and removes more fat.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Damn Africa.

tumblr_lozcw1AVBK1qciih2o1_250.gif

:laugh: that .gif
  • FabulousKP
    FabulousKP Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    After reading through this entire thread I've decided that the most intelligent response it deserves looks like this:

tumblr_m236n4U2PH1rtpglmo1_500.gif

not saying that it's not an important question, just saying that most pages seem to have a further and further decrease iq level and as we page on the tread becomes more personal and further away from topic.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    i-love-this-thread-so-much.jpg
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Women seem to carry back fat, especially around their bras. I HATE THAT. Nothing works on it. It just grows there one day and it stays. I honestly think it is an, "age thing" . Or it is hereditary in some women. It's where i carry fat. If all else fails I am going to get laser on it. I like Elxis, it shrinks the fat and helps you grow collagen. It tightens the skin during treatments and continues to tighten after treatments are done. IT's $400 a treatment and usually three are needed. This may not be the answer you were looking for, but i have tried EVERYTHING I can think of and it won't budge. I really don't want to be self conscious of it so that is what I am doing. They won't do it at my spa unless a person is of healthy/normal BMI height and weight. I am glad for that.

i HAD back fat, key word....HAD. Don't listen to this person OP. Pick up some weights and train HARD. Do upper body training along with lower body and only 2 or 3 days of cardio. It will take a few weeks but it will leave, trust me!
    Yeah I lost my back fat in under two months by training 6x per week at home + gym. Maybe look into some workout tapes if you are not bold to go to the gym yet - 30 Day Shred is pretty wicked for beginners.
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    girl check out my profile pic.... its ALL ABOUT STRENGTH TRAINING!! i strength train a minimum of 4 times a week. go heavy and work it off!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Here's previous client of mine who used to run 7 miles a day. I had her back it down to 3 miles 3 times a week and put her on a strength training program (she never lifted before).

96f1bc12-1c97-4430-8c88-f3698b980a98_zps6d315e90.jpg

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

NOW I would love to know how you got your clients face to look like that, because I have been trying to target facefat. how did you get rid of it?
    Raspberry Keytones. Rub that **** on 3 times a day.

IDEA Fitness member
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Women seem to carry back fat, especially around their bras. I HATE THAT. Nothing works on it. It just grows there one day and it stays. I honestly think it is an, "age thing" . Or it is hereditary in some women. It's where i carry fat.

I used to believe that, too. I was about 35-ish and got to my goal weight of 130 pounds, but looked like the Michelin Man from the back. I thought I was doomed to look that way, but NOW I know it's because I had too large of a calorie deficit and didn't incorporate strength training.

Now I'm pushing 41. I eat about 2300 calories a day. I lift 3x a week and run 3x a week. And not a roll to be found.
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Strength training helped me... deadlifts, squats, etc. Changed my whole posture.

Make sure you're standing up tall and straight. Sometimes we slouch, and that makes a world of difference.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    There is no way I am giving up half the cardio I am doing. I absolutely love it. I love running for miles with my thoughts and music blaring in my ears. I will try adding 2 days a week of strength training, because honestly...I think any muscle definition in women whether it is arms or stomach is too masculine for my taste.

Don't get me wrong, I want to tighten up...but I don't want biceps or a six pack. I like looking feminine, I just want to be healthier.

Take it from a woman - strength training is NOT going to instantly turn you into a "masculine" looking body-builder type. Like you say in your above posts - women don't lose weight like men - well they don't gain muscle like men either.
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    strength training

strength training

strength training

trust me, you'll love it. give up all that cardio. you don't need it. 2-3 days a week tops. the rest of the time, you should be doing dead lisfts, squats, chest press, and over head press.

There is no way I am giving up half the cardio I am doing. I absolutely love it. I love running for miles with my thoughts and music blaring in my ears. I will try adding 2 days a week of strength training, because honestly...I think any muscle definition in women whether it is arms or stomach is too masculine for my taste.

Don't get me wrong, I want to tighten up...but I don't want biceps or a six pack. I like looking feminine, I just want to be healthier.

Just because you lift some weights doesn't mean you will look like a man or not feminine. I just started working out again, and I have the same lovely back fat. I lift weights and it is slowly shrinking. You are doing great with the cardio but throw some weight training in there and it will slowly disappear. It IS possible to get rid of. Good luck.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Here's previous client of mine who used to run 7 miles a day. I had her back it down to 3 miles 3 times a week and put her on a strength training program (she never lifted before).

IDEA Fitness member

NOW I would love to know how you got your clients face to look like that, because I have been trying to target facefat. how did you get rid of it?

IDEA Fitness member

This Picture is clearly photoshopped as we have already learned in this thread men can't get women lean as we don't understand the hormonal timings.

Are you a wizard?
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I just have to bump as this thread is so entertaining! Thanks all!

OP - Insanity, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. You have a problem as you stated, you'd like to change the problem, therefore you need to do something different than you've been doing over the last 18 months. Wish you the best. There is a TON of great advice in this thread, mainly the one about picking up some poundage.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

IDEA Fitness member

This Picture is clearly photoshopped as we have already learned in this thread men can't get women lean as we don't understand the hormonal timings.

Are you a wizard?

He's the worlds biggest secret: strong enough for a man, but made for a woman.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure all that's left are Jewish people.

Interesting thought of the day:

US Army helicopters tend to be named after people we've committed genocide against: Apache, Blackhawk, Comanche.

Imagine if Germany produced a new attack helicopter called the Jew.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Wow - you leave a thread and go off to do some work and then look what happens...
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I have been exercising for a year now and barely lost any weight (although my clothes fit differently and down 3 pant sizes).

I do about an hour of cardio 4 or 5 days a week including running and the arc trainer burning 600-800 calories everytime.

My legs and butt look fantastic, but I cannot get rid of the nasty fold of fat on my back. Not above my bra, not love handes (at least I dont think)...but under my bra where my waist goes in. Just fat...sitting there. It annoys me to the point where I don't want to wear a bathing suit this summer.

I do not do any strength training except for my legs and butt, but after tons of research, everything says to do cardio to "melt" the fat back there.

I don't think I could do anymore cardio folks.

So...I need tips on how to target this. If I tone my back and oblique areas, I'll be so much happier.

What tips do you have? I am willing to do some strength training for this if it will get rid of excess fat. I am eating my calories and trying to eat "cleaner".

No to mention I have been on my plateau for 4 months, I recently started taking CLA supplements suggested by my friend to help.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    give up all that cardio. you don't need it.

Agreed. Why work those pesky lungs and heart? Not like you're ever going to use those.