• Chrisgrz
    Chrisgrz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How to lose back fat while refusing to do anything different . com

Great website, works for realz.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Can't be long till this gets locked?....
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I have been exercising for a year now and barely lost any weight (although my clothes fit differently and down 3 pant sizes).

I do about an hour of cardio 4 or 5 days a week including running and the arc trainer burning 600-800 calories everytime.

My legs and butt look fantastic, but I cannot get rid of the nasty fold of fat on my back. Not above my bra, not love handes (at least I dont think)...but under my bra where my waist goes in. Just fat...sitting there. It annoys me to the point where I don't want to wear a bathing suit this summer.

I do not do any strength training except for my legs and butt, but after tons of research, everything says to do cardio to "melt" the fat back there.

I don't think I could do anymore cardio folks.

So...I need tips on how to target this. If I tone my back and oblique areas, I'll be so much happier.

What tips do you have? I am willing to do some strength training for this if it will get rid of excess fat. I am eating my calories and trying to eat "cleaner".

No to mention I have been on my plateau for 4 months, I recently started taking CLA supplements suggested by my friend to help.

That is awesome. :drinker:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

I'm just excited for the roll . . .
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options

I'm just excited for the roll . . .

me too
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    because honestly...I think any muscle definition in women whether it is arms or stomach is too masculine for my taste.

Don't get me wrong, I want to tighten up...but I don't want biceps or a six pack. I like looking feminine, I just want to be healthier.
    :huh:

From

http://www.strength-training-woman.com/benefits-of-strength-training-for-women.html

The benefits of strength training for women are so powerful! Strength training has been overlooked as a viable weight loss method for way too long.

Women are beginning to realize just how important a proper strength training routine is for their overall health.

Below are my top 10 benefits of weight training for women. Soak each one of them up and start your routine today!

1) Increased Metabolic Rate - Here is one of the most important benefits of strength training for women. We always want to discover the secrets to weight loss… well here is the first secret! Strength training increases your metabolic rate by increasing the calories you burn on a daily basis. The more calories you burn, the more chance you have to drop body fat.

2) Increasing and Restoring Bone Density - Strength training prevents and fights osteoporosis. Read my entire report on strength training benefits for osteoporosis by clicking here.

3) Increased Lean Muscle Mass - Note: You will not get big and bulky by strength training! You simply do not have enough testosterone in your body. Yes, if you train for hours and hours and dedicate your life to becoming a bodybuilder you can bulk up.

But simply lifting weights as part of a regular strength training routine will not cause women to bulk up. With that said, for every pound of lean muscle mass that you have, you burn 35-50 calories per day!

If you have 10 pounds of lean muscle mass then you burn between 350-500 calories. If you have 20 pounds you burn between 700 and 1000 calories per day! This is one of the biggest benefits of strength training for women.

4) Injury Prevention - Strength training strengthens our muscles and tendons. The stronger we are the less chance of an injury. This is especially important as we grow older. The benefits of strength training for women and men are highly touted for injury prevention.

5) Improved Balance - Especially important as we grow older. Strength training builds a strong foundation. Strengthening our legs and core section means an increase in overall balance and coordination.

6) Decreased Risk of Coronary Disease - Strength training can reduce your blood pressure. It can also decrease your cholesterol levels. These benefits of strength training for women alone are a great reason to begin your program today. Heart disease is one of the highest (if not the highest) killer of women in America every year.

7) Aids in Rehabilitation and Recovery - Strengthening the muscles around our joints is one of the best ways to prevent and recover from an injury. For example, the best way to recover from a knee injury is to strengthen the quads and calves.

8) Enhanced Performance in Sports, Exercise and Life In General - The benefits of strength training for women all boil down to one point- a better overall quality of life. We can perform our favorite activities with more ease and less pain. We are able to increase our health and mental state from a regular strength training routine.

9) Aging Gracefully - With less falls and less injuries we are able to age gracefully. Our lean and toned bodies create a warm and strong persona. Strength training is a major factor in aging well. Enhancing our muscles and reducing body fat are prime ways to prevent sagging body parts too

10) Feeling Better and Looking Better - I don’t think it is much of a secret that we all want to look great. We are all searching for ways to look young. Strength training is a vital part of a fitness routine.

Strength training has been shown to increase our muscle tone, decrease body fat, and so much more. A toned body is but one factor to looking great. The other is purely mental. There are so many positive mental benefits of strength training for women. We feel accomplished, secure, and strong after a strength session.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m23i65vSOd1rpik29o1_500.jpg
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Theres almost 20 pages, no I didnt read them all. What I got out of it so far is....

OMG, this Michell Berger woman is very hot. http://buffmother.com/

Looks like she used to be skinny fat. Oh and on her About Me page shes pictured there holding WEIGHTS, also laying on a floor mat doing body weight exercises, not running marathons.

Kudos to you OP for running marathons. So you can keep running your marathons, listening to women only (because only they understand what you are going though) and complaining about your back fat (cause its worked out really well for you so far) or you can do what 100 other people on the board have commonly suggested and pick up some weights and lift them.

I dont know why no one else isnt talking about the marathons. Marathon runners have different body compositions than other types of athletes (weightlifters, sprinters etc). http://naturallyengineered.com/sprinter-and-marathon-runners-bodies-comparing-trends-in-olympic-athletes-over-time-infographic/ Ever think that the back fat might be there because its an easy location for your body to grab energy from during one of your 26 mile runs? Sprinters train by performing anaerobic type activities like lifting weights. A great lift for Sprinters is the Dead Lift. Clearly sprinters from Jamaica and the USA are a lot different looking body type wise than marathoners from Kenya.

Anyway, what I am getting at is you have to ask yourself whats more important to you? Body composition or continuing to run the marathons? Can you strike a balance between the two? Run less and lift a bit more? If not, then you will have to pick one over the other and it appears that marathoning and back fat will probably win out.
  • ThePersnicketyOtter
    ThePersnicketyOtter Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I had to come back to see more of her responses. This is fun.

this.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    because honestly...I think any muscle definition in women whether it is arms or stomach is too masculine for my taste.

Don't get me wrong, I want to tighten up...but I don't want biceps or a six pack. I like looking feminine, I just want to be healthier.
    :huh:

From

http://www.strength-training-woman.com/benefits-of-strength-training-for-women.html

The benefits of strength training for women are so powerful! Strength training has been overlooked as a viable weight loss method for way too long.

Women are beginning to realize just how important a proper strength training routine is for their overall health.

Below are my top 10 benefits of weight training for women. Soak each one of them up and start your routine today!

1) Increased Metabolic Rate - Here is one of the most important benefits of strength training for women. We always want to discover the secrets to weight loss… well here is the first secret! Strength training increases your metabolic rate by increasing the calories you burn on a daily basis. The more calories you burn, the more chance you have to drop body fat.

2) Increasing and Restoring Bone Density - Strength training prevents and fights osteoporosis. Read my entire report on strength training benefits for osteoporosis by clicking here.

3) Increased Lean Muscle Mass - Note: You will not get big and bulky by strength training! You simply do not have enough testosterone in your body. Yes, if you train for hours and hours and dedicate your life to becoming a bodybuilder you can bulk up.

But simply lifting weights as part of a regular strength training routine will not cause women to bulk up. With that said, for every pound of lean muscle mass that you have, you burn 35-50 calories per day!

If you have 10 pounds of lean muscle mass then you burn between 350-500 calories. If you have 20 pounds you burn between 700 and 1000 calories per day! This is one of the biggest benefits of strength training for women.

4) Injury Prevention - Strength training strengthens our muscles and tendons. The stronger we are the less chance of an injury. This is especially important as we grow older. The benefits of strength training for women and men are highly touted for injury prevention.

5) Improved Balance - Especially important as we grow older. Strength training builds a strong foundation. Strengthening our legs and core section means an increase in overall balance and coordination.

6) Decreased Risk of Coronary Disease - Strength training can reduce your blood pressure. It can also decrease your cholesterol levels. These benefits of strength training for women alone are a great reason to begin your program today. Heart disease is one of the highest (if not the highest) killer of women in America every year.

7) Aids in Rehabilitation and Recovery - Strengthening the muscles around our joints is one of the best ways to prevent and recover from an injury. For example, the best way to recover from a knee injury is to strengthen the quads and calves.

8) Enhanced Performance in Sports, Exercise and Life In General - The benefits of strength training for women all boil down to one point- a better overall quality of life. We can perform our favorite activities with more ease and less pain. We are able to increase our health and mental state from a regular strength training routine.

9) Aging Gracefully - With less falls and less injuries we are able to age gracefully. Our lean and toned bodies create a warm and strong persona. Strength training is a major factor in aging well. Enhancing our muscles and reducing body fat are prime ways to prevent sagging body parts too

10) Feeling Better and Looking Better - I don’t think it is much of a secret that we all want to look great. We are all searching for ways to look young. Strength training is a vital part of a fitness routine.

Strength training has been shown to increase our muscle tone, decrease body fat, and so much more. A toned body is but one factor to looking great. The other is purely mental. There are so many positive mental benefits of strength training for women. We feel accomplished, secure, and strong after a strength session.

If this doesn't convert women to lift..nothing will..great post Awesome.
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    This has been beaten to death but you cannot spot reduce fat. If you want a stronger back, obliques, and core. Do DEADLIFTS!!!!! Look at my picture I rarely do cardio and I barely train my abs. My obliques and abs and strong back are mostly attributed to this exercise. GLHF
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Here's previous client of mine who used to run 7 miles a day. I had her back it down to 3 miles 3 times a week and put her on a strength training program (she never lifted before).

96f1bc12-1c97-4430-8c88-f3698b980a98_zps6d315e90.jpg

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

NOW I would love to know how you got your clients face to look like that, because I have been trying to target facefat. how did you get rid of it?
    Raspberry Keytones. Rub that **** on 3 times a day.

IDEA Fitness member

This Picture is clearly photoshopped as we have already learned in this thread men can't get women lean as we don't understand the hormonal timings.

Are you a wizard?
    Actual a spray tan artist. I etched all of the definition in there with paint.

IDEA Fitness member
  • katmcq29
    katmcq29 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    cains-train-wreck.jpg

lol defo agree
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I have been exercising for a year now and barely lost any weight (although my clothes fit differently and down 3 pant sizes).

I do about an hour of cardio 4 or 5 days a week including running and the arc trainer burning 600-800 calories everytime.

My legs and butt look fantastic, but I cannot get rid of the nasty fold of fat on my back. Not above my bra, not love handes (at least I dont think)...but under my bra where my waist goes in. Just fat...sitting there. It annoys me to the point where I don't want to wear a bathing suit this summer.

I do not do any strength training except for my legs and butt, but after tons of research, everything says to do cardio to "melt" the fat back there.

So...I need tips on how to target this. If I tone my back and oblique areas, I'll be so much happier.

What tips do you have? I am willing to do some strength training for this if it will get rid of excess fat. I am eating my calories and trying to eat "cleaner".

No to mention I have been on my plateau for 4 months, I recently started taking CLA supplements suggested by my friend to help.

That is hilariously funny and I didn't even notice it. The parts of her body she loves are the ones she targets with strength training.
  • JanieElise
    JanieElise Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The only way to lose that back fat is to lose weight overall!!
    Women seem to carry back fat, especially around their bras. I HATE THAT. Nothing works on it. It just grows there one day and it stays. I honestly think it is an, "age thing" . Or it is hereditary in some women. It's where i carry fat. If all else fails I am going to get laser on it. I like Elxis, it shrinks the fat and helps you grow collagen. It tightens the skin during treatments and continues to tighten after treatments are done. IT's $400 a treatment and usually three are needed. This may not be the answer you were looking for, but i have tried EVERYTHING I can think of and it won't budge. I really don't want to be self conscious of it so that is what I am doing. They won't do it at my spa unless a person is of healthy/normal BMI height and weight. I am glad for that.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

LOL well spotted.

CLA is useless by the way.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    In to roll this awesome example of MFP lunacy.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Oh...and I would not really call my regimen "ineffective" seeing how I now run marathons asswipe. Oh, and I said I lost 3 pants sizes. I am complaining about not melting fat off certain areas. God, how ineffective my workout must be. Let me cry because I am just a girl. That can probably out-run your *kitten*.

I didn't call your workout ineffective; YOU did. You're the one with the back fat problem, not me. In your OP, did you ask for help in marathon training, or for fat reduction? Congrats on your running progress as it sounds very impressive. But we didn't gather here to talk about no races, did we?

I'm going to say this simply in the hope that it penetrates (that's what men are good for, right?). If you want to lose fat, start strength training. Your whole body, not just your legs. Because then, when you get your diet correct, the weight you lose will primarily fat, instead of lean body mass. A portion of that fat will come from your back. Did any of this sink in?

So you can call me names all you want. I'm a big boy and my feelings aren't easily hurt. But you gonna try something different or do you wish to continue on your ineffective (for fat and weight loss) program?

The choice is yours.

I have been :heart: ing you so hard in this thread.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In to learn more about how to deal with this problem area. I'm still waiting for someone to give some good advice that actually makes sense and not just some "appropriate calorie deficit and strength training" nonsense.

Pfft...as if that's the answer to this kind of problem.

:flowerforyou:
  • GetFit1129
    GetFit1129 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Back fat or for us women, bra fat!

I target this area
    #1 with diet.
    #2. Dumbbell Rows
    #3-Dumbbell pull overs