The brave and the human

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Here goes. I have very few pics of me with my daughter. Half the time I wouldn't let people take pics if I wasn't wearing makeup. If pics were taken and I looked bad, many times I deleted them. :sad: SO much regret. I can't undo it now but I treasure these pics even if I hate the way I look in them.

Huge arms and double chin, hair pulled away making face look even fatter.

Edited: I give up. I've resized down to nothing and they're still huge...

when I saw them , they were super tiny and I couldn't see much. I think once you post with that link, your cache remembers the original image. if you are using photobucket, save as a new image (new url) and replace the url entirely. That is what works best for me.

thank you so much for trying! so sorry it was so frustrating a venture!
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic thread! I have to find a pic, I know I have loads!
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I think this is a sign that I have gone temporarily insane:

XfsKr91.jpg
  • MireyGal76
    Options

XfsKr91.jpg

Look! You have ab definition!
    Sure you have some extra skin... but I bet there is a great reason for that too!

And holy crapola look at your legs! *gasp*
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Here goes. I have very few pics of me with my daughter. Half the time I wouldn't let people take pics if I wasn't wearing makeup. If pics were taken and I looked bad, many times I deleted them. :sad: SO much regret. I can't undo it now but I treasure these pics even if I hate the way I look in them.

No makeup, grimy hair pulled back.

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_3666.jpg

when I saw them , they were super tiny and I couldn't see much. I think once you post with that link, your cache remembers the original image. if you are using photobucket, save as a new image (new url) and replace the url entirely. That is what works best for me.

Oh, that makes sense. Trying again with pics above.
  • jayliospecky
    Options

Look! You have ab definition!
    Sure you have some extra skin... but I bet there is a great reason for that too!

And holy crapola look at your legs! *gasp*

You're very sweet. Yes, there is a partially good reason for the loose tummy skin, which would be my two gorgeous and incredible daughters. But it's also partly just due to having gone up to 235 + pounds (I stopped weighing so I don't quite know what my top weight was.)

But I am trying to love ALL the parts of my body, and heal my self-esteem in the process.

And thank you, re: the legs. I definitely show those more than I show the tummy!
  • MireyGal76
    Options

No makeup, grimy hair pulled back.

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_3666.jpg

Oh, that makes sense. Trying again with pics above.

Omg!! That first pic is frame worthy!! That is a gorgeous pic and not just cuz your baby is adorable!
    As for the second, your arms don't look huge at all and I had to actively look for a double chin... I bet there are a huge volume of women who wish their chin looked like yours!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    This entire thread is so full of win.

It's the reason most of you are on my friends list

:love: :flowerforyou:
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Fulllengthpic.jpg

I hope this works.....

I HATE this picture..... All I see is "I'm so fat I busted the seam in my costume..." Ugh. :cry: And of course, I would only wear a costume that covered almost ALL of me. This was Halloween 2010, at almost my largest. I was probably pushing 200 lbs at this point.
    And that seam busted really early in the night. Probably when I was driving to the party. I borrowed a safety pin to keep it from being too obvious.... I was so embarrassed. :frown:

I have cottage cheese thighs and butt so I never wear shorts. Seriously. The last time I wore shorts in the summer was probably 2006.
    I have rolls and dimples galore. Ugh. Better now.... but back then, I wanted to hide all the time.

ETA: In picture, I have the hand on the stomach to "hold it in". hahaha

At first I was like "why would she hate such a beautiful picture?"..then I saw your current profile picture which is even more beautiful and it makes sense now. :tongue:
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    I once cut my hair off. This one was after four months of letting it grow. This picture reminds me of a time when I was unhappy. I also never have photos without makeup. Makeup is my security blanket. I feel like I look so old and so tired in this photo.

P1010093.JPG
  • awal2069
    awal2069 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I once cut my hair off. This one was after four months of letting it grow. This picture reminds me of a time when I was unhappy. I also never have photos without makeup. Makeup is my security blanket. I feel like I look so old and so tired in this photo.

P1010093.JPG

And you have GORGEOUS skin and hair most people pay good money to look like. As with ALL, each and every one, of the ladies in this entire post. I think you are all beautiful. Inside and out.
    :wink: :flowerforyou: :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    ^^ thanks! :blushing: I see a lot of orange, and an unhappy person. :blushing:
  • jayliospecky
    Options

P1010093.JPG

You look lovely, although yes, I can see the sadness, too. But beautiful, nonetheless. :flowerforyou:
  • MireyGal76
    Options

I have a serious case of profile envy... You have a perfect nose!

I have my grandma's nose, bumpy and big nostrils... I always turn my face to minimize it. I cannot stand my side shots... which leads me to this:
    2651f895-900b-4588-8280-190c7ca580a2_zps697a57d9.jpg
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    But your nose is so lovely! And it looks so right on your face. I love your nose.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Bump to post pic when I'm home from work.
  • calibriintx
    Options

I have a serious case of profile envy... You have a perfect nose!

I have my grandma's nose, bumpy and big nostrils... I always turn my face to minimize it. I cannot stand my side shots... which leads me to this:
    2651f895-900b-4588-8280-190c7ca580a2_zps697a57d9.jpg

That's a great nose! I've always felt like mine is too big for my face. And I have a scar going right across it so it really stands out when I don't wear makeup.
  • calibriintx
    Options
    Mirey, this was a fantastic idea. My problem area is my mommy pouch. It keeps me self-conscious no matter what I weigh. I have been happy to post pics of my abs that keep my pouch under control or only show above my belly button, but I NEVER let people see this:
    74cc61fb-79cc-4249-9f14-4e697c414ed1_zps3dfe959e.jpg

I think you just released me from some kind of weird hold that this tummy had on me. Thanks :)

Not to downplay your feelings about your stomach, but I can't wait for mine to like that! You look great!
  • cbeckl
    cbeckl Posts: 79
    Options
    Wow, you guys are all inspirational. I am so self-conscious I don't ever let anyone take my picture, unless I'm hidden behind someone else! I had one "face shot" as my initial profile pic on here and I made sure it was the blurriest one I could find. Will have to take a pic to post once I get home.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I know its silly, but I rarely post pictures where I am wearing no makeup. Both of these pictures show me with no makeup. I prefer to post all dolled up shots, though...

bodyfatdifference-1.jpg