Replies

• Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    heartwarming thread:smile::flowerforyou:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    This is an absolutely beautiful thread and I love the idea behind it.

I gained back about 30 of my 95 pounds I lost--and I'm embarrassed about it--to be quite honest. I let myself go a little and while I know I gained some muscle in the process from starting a heavy lifting program in July--it's still hard to go from this:

2012-09-02_14-26-46_717.jpg
    2012-09-18_08-16-54_285.jpg

To this:
    2012-12-31_10-02-15_415_zps3906e1b0.jpg
    My too snug size 6 pants: 2013-02-06_07-40-18_927-1_zpsc0abe0d7.jpg

But I'm well on my way to getting back to that happy place. And I guess that's all that matters-- I have the power to get back to where I want to be and I will--because I'm determined to.

you are beautiful, heidi, and you will get back to your happy place because you've done it before! so inspiring :)
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    As for if it will go away, I think time will tell. If not, you might look at some type of microabrasion or such if it really gets you down.

Props for posting up though. :flowerforyou:

I guess I can either let it ruin my self image, or try to live with it. I am planning on getting a tattoo to cover at least some of it. My picture still isn´t working. Fail.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Me too! I don't know how to post pics in the forums! But at 60, I am finally getting comfortable in my own skin, and telling my "old ladies in the attic" to STFU. I did a whole lot of running and hiding from the horrible me I thought I was. I'm so proud of each of you for stepping up!

Oooh it's not hard to post a pic! This is me at 60, and 30 days into weight lifting. I have NEVER done this before and I'm feeling weak in the knees at letting you all see the me I've hidden forever!

DSCN0399_zps8e13a166.jpg

I wanna look just like you when I grow up! :flowerforyou:

God. Me too.
  • karmahunger
    Options
    I give up!! I can´t get the picture to work. :c
  • BrandiBoo84
    BrandiBoo84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    There are very few pictures of me smiling where my lips aren't closed tight because i'm so self conscious of my one tooth. It's pushed back further than my other ones so when I close my teeth it actually sits behind my bottom teeth.

I hate it and makes me not want to smile and it's not something I can really hide when talking to people with clothing or make up.
    I WILL eventually get it fixed but there are more important things to spend $4000 (my portion after dental insurance) on right now...like my mortgage....and groceries....and gas. lol

But I'm married, so clearly it can't be that repulsive haha

Photoon2013-03-07at13382_zps712820e2.jpg

ETA: Also I work in a basement we jokingly call "The Dungeon" as you can see by the computer crap behind me that has come down here to die

Keroac! I have the same 'issue'! I have vampire teeth and one of them pokes out way far, My little snaggle toof that I like to hide ;)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I guess I can either let it ruin my self image, or try to live with it. I am planning on getting a tattoo to cover at least some of it. My picture still isn´t working. Fail.

It is up now for some reason.

I wouldn't let it own ya!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I am going to post something a little bit different. It may gross some people out, or maybe it won´t. A few year ago, I started to get bumps on my thighs, and it was only mid-last year I learned they were infected hair follicles, and because they were not properly diagnosed or treated right away (the first doctor I saw thought it was HPV) I will have these scars probably forever (I am saving up to get laser hair removal and scar treatment). So, this picture horrifies me to post, but I wanted to post it anyway. All I can see are those nasty bumps and it makes me wonder, even when I do lose weight, if they are still there, I won´t be happy. I know I am not thin and shouldn´t be posting underwear pictures but it´s the only way to show them. I have stretch marks and some dents which I guess is cellulite. Nerve racking to post this.
    This board is awesome, thanks OP and you are all so beautiul :)

f9d3782f-f9a6-4125-9210-31b1c8bb87b3_zps07301d38.jpg
    I am not ready to post the full body shot. And yes, I need to shave. Shutty.

Your doc though you had HPV on your THIGHS!?! I hope you have a new doc. I've got those too, but they don't bother me for some reason.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    This was me about 6 months ago with my kids.

BCSportsHallofFamekids_zpsa0bff506.jpg

Still a work in progress, but getting there. :)

PROPS!
  • karmahunger
    Options

Your doc though you had HPV on your THIGHS!?! I hope you have a new doc. I've got those too, but they don't bother me for some reason.

It was power of persuasion. I said to her, "I am scared it¨s HPV" to which she replied, I think it is...Even though it looks NOTHING like it. Seriously, NOTHING. Anyway, I have more than those two, they are on both thighs but the picture isn¨t working. They bother me because I am scared what people might think if I am in a bathing suit, or I am with a guy :/ silly I know.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I'm quite shocked I'm posting these as they are undoubtedly the worst photos of me, but these are from my friends wedding last year. When I first saw them I burst into tears - she looked lovely, and all I could think was that I looked like a monster. Most worrying thing was, I had already started on here and lost 17lb by then, and I felt slim as my dress was too big. How wrong was I!

59008_4557108201047_824166022_n_zpseebe4d4b.jpg

22698_4557132281649_235283344_n_zpsc82345ac.jpg

a61398c1-9e78-471c-9560-658e8bef927f_zps40f6e2c9.jpg

You don't look slim but you do look beautiful. Your soul shows through your face and you have great bone structure.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    ^^ thanks! :blushing: I see a lot of orange, and an unhappy person. :blushing:

I have a serious case of profile envy... You have a perfect nose!

I have my grandma's nose, bumpy and big nostrils... I always turn my face to minimize it. I cannot stand my side shots... which leads me to this:
    2651f895-900b-4588-8280-190c7ca580a2_zps697a57d9.jpg

I kept thinking about this post on my drive in this morning. Just shaking my head. You have such an awesome nose - but I can completely understand because I'm not a big fan of mine in profile either.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    BTW - the stuff I hate is all on my profile picture. Belly roll and chinnnzzz.
  • likitisplit
    Options

It was power of persuasion. I said to her, "I am scared it¨s HPV" to which she replied, I think it is...Even though it looks NOTHING like it. Seriously, NOTHING. Anyway, I have more than those two, they are on both thighs but the picture isn¨t working. They bother me because I am scared what people might think if I am in a bathing suit, or I am with a guy :/ silly I know.

But...she's a medical professional...and you can't get HPV on your thighs. If you get warts on your thighs, that's all they are: warts. It's like telling her that you think you have a brain tumor on your thighs.
  • karmahunger
    Options
    It was a walk-in clinic. Anyway, sadly as I said, the misdiagnosis is why I have scars :/

To the girl at the wedding: I love that colour on you, the yellow is so pretty!!!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I am going to post something a little bit different. It may gross some people out, or maybe it won´t. A few year ago, I started to get bumps on my thighs, and it was only mid-last year I learned they were infected hair follicles, and because they were not properly diagnosed or treated right away (the first doctor I saw thought it was HPV) I will have these scars probably forever (I am saving up to get laser hair removal and scar treatment). So, this picture horrifies me to post, but I wanted to post it anyway. All I can see are those nasty bumps and it makes me wonder, even when I do lose weight, if they are still there, I won´t be happy. I know I am not thin and shouldn´t be posting underwear pictures but it´s the only way to show them. I have stretch marks and some dents which I guess is cellulite. Nerve racking to post this.
    This board is awesome, thanks OP and you are all so beautiul :)

f9d3782f-f9a6-4125-9210-31b1c8bb87b3_zps07301d38.jpg
    I am not ready to post the full body shot. And yes, I need to shave. Shutty.

So... I feel your pain, but in a slightly different way.
    I don't have smoooooooth legs.. I get the bumps too from hair follicles that don't always come in as desired. I have mitigated some of that by trying to do a quick shave in the shower every morning (use conditioner - super fast, rarely nicks, and cheap like borscht).

My bigger problem is my scars.

I live in MOSQUITO LAND... my god these creatures carry you off in the summer. I react to their bites, and by mid summer my legs are a mess of bumps in various stages of healing. By fall, my legs are covered in scars. I've struggled with it all my life and nothing helps it. I tend to wear pants even when it's hot because I am ashamed of people asking me what is wrong with my legs.

So, together, we have to find a way to stop caring and smile through it. :-D

At least know you are not alone!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Hope this link works.

430441_4446849823104_1882740537_n.jpg
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    This is an absolutely beautiful thread and I love the idea behind it.

I gained back about 30 of my 95 pounds I lost--and I'm embarrassed about it--to be quite honest. I let myself go a little and while I know I gained some muscle in the process from starting a heavy lifting program in July--it's still hard to go from this:

2012-09-02_14-26-46_717.jpg
    2012-09-18_08-16-54_285.jpg

To this:
    2012-12-31_10-02-15_415_zps3906e1b0.jpg
    My too snug size 6 pants: 2013-02-06_07-40-18_927-1_zpsc0abe0d7.jpg

But I'm well on my way to getting back to that happy place. And I guess that's all that matters-- I have the power to get back to where I want to be and I will--because I'm determined to.

you are beautiful, heidi, and you will get back to your happy place because you've done it before! so inspiring :)

I agree entirely! You can do this, you've shown you can... and you will. But NOTHING has changed how beautiful you are. Those extra pounds certainly haven't, and if anything let them serve as fuel for your determination to show em who's boss!

You are a success and don't forget that!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Hope this link works.

430441_4446849823104_1882740537_n.jpg

Who is the hottie in the bikini? ;) That is some gorgeous ink you have there too!
    Oh and I am so envious of the fact that you can swing a triangle bikini top!

Every time I try one of those on, I get all sad and moody and leave the changeroom depressed. I don't know WHY I want one so badly, probably because it doesn't suit me and I'm wired to try the impossible, but regardless...

Hi, my name is Sandy, and I have triangle-bikini-top envy
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    What a awesome, awesome thread OP! All of you are just beautiful.