The brave and the human

Options

Replies

• yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Here's me, doing what I love doing, the thing that makes me feel most badass and strong and powerful and "nobody can *kitten* with me" in the world, looking absolutely horrid doing it. I untagged most of my action shots from last season.

8536852255_7eea93cd89.jpg
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Screenshot_2013-02-13-20-47-16-1.png

This is a bikini I bought from H&M in the sizes I would wear in normal clothes, I put it on and cried, but kept it and this made me join MFP. I WILL fit in it without lumps and bumps one day

It is a beautiful suit! I wish I could swing a top like that, but my frame and mom boobs make me look like ridiculous. your booty is great, you have a tiny waist. The bottoms are a bit tight - bet they would look great if you could somehow loosen the band even a little.

I have seen people out on the beach who don't have half the body you do ,out there rocking it. I wouldn't let it stop you!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I briefly posted my nasty belly pic for you all as my main pic (this will be short and sweet, so if its gone, sorry)
    I hate my belly button as it was stretched out after surgery - and will soon be stretched out for surgery again. Meaning I will also not be able to work out for a while either. Sigh.
    Oh well... I despise my thighs even more, but one day... ONE DAY may they look like the_dizzle's... :wink:

You all are beautiful!!!!!!

beautiful again... and coming from a barely c-cup... I sooo wish I had some of your cleavage!
    the belly button doesn't look stretched out from what I can see - and I am so sorry to hear you're having surgery :(

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery! :flowerforyou:
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Here's me, doing what I love doing, the thing that makes me feel most badass and strong and powerful and "nobody can *kitten* with me" in the world, looking absolutely horrid doing it. I untagged most of my action shots from last season.

I love action shots!

I also love making captions...
    Give me that ball or I'm gonna tickle your armpit!
    Get your fingers out of my pit, and gimme that ball!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I think this is a sign that I have gone temporarily insane:

XfsKr91.jpg

You're my hero! I'd love to have your stomach one day. And hopefully with enough time we'll both have less skin. And don't even get me started on how much I'm drooling over your legs...

I'll get around to posting some horrible photos when I get home.
  • TheGnomeQueen
    Options
    People are so brainwashed by magazines, TV, and movies to think that your body has to be perfect. Those idolized celebrities have on a ton of make-up and get Photoshopped to the extreme. Go out in public and look at real people's bodies. No-one is perfect. I like this thread.
  • beatlesfan31
    beatlesfan31 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What a great thread! So many brave and beautiful women on here. Love it!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I once cut my hair off. This one was after four months of letting it grow. This picture reminds me of a time when I was unhappy. I also never have photos without makeup. Makeup is my security blanket. I feel like I look so old and so tired in this photo.

P1010093.JPG

I have colored my hair numerous times to get streaks in it that are exactly the color of your hair!! haha I LOVE IT!!! It's rich, gorgeous, and one of the fabulous colors of the sunset.... :love:
  • kristinhardesty
    Options
    yeah, wow. This is a daily conversation in my head. And it's just so isolating. You are some seriously brave folks!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    There are very few pictures of me smiling where my lips aren't closed tight because i'm so self conscious of my one tooth. It's pushed back further than my other ones so when I close my teeth it actually sits behind my bottom teeth.

I hate it and makes me not want to smile and it's not something I can really hide when talking to people with clothing or make up.
    I WILL eventually get it fixed but there are more important things to spend $4000 (my portion after dental insurance) on right now...like my mortgage....and groceries....and gas. lol

But I'm married, so clearly it can't be that repulsive haha

Photoon2013-03-07at13382_zps712820e2.jpg

ETA: Also I work in a basement we jokingly call "The Dungeon" as you can see by the computer crap behind me that has come down here to die
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    All I see are:

Beautiful Souls :flowerforyou:

Brave Hearts :love:

Human Bodies :drinker:

Much respect to you all!

Me too! I don't know how to post pics in the forums! But at 60, I am finally getting comfortable in my own skin, and telling my "old ladies in the attic" to STFU. I did a whole lot of running and hiding from the horrible me I thought I was. I'm so proud of each of you for stepping up!

Oooh it's not hard to post a pic! This is me at 60, and 30 days into weight lifting. I have NEVER done this before and I'm feeling weak in the knees at letting you all see the me I've hidden forever!

DSCN0399_zps8e13a166.jpg
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

I love action shots!

I also love making captions...
    Give me that ball or I'm gonna tickle your armpit!
    Get your fingers out of my pit, and gimme that ball!

I love it! We were fighting for the ball :smile:
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    There are very few pictures of me smiling where my lips aren't closed tight because i'm so self conscious of my one tooth. It's pushed back further than my other ones so when I close my teeth it actually sits behind my bottom teeth.

I hate it and makes me not want to smile and it's not something I can really hide when talking to people with clothing or make up.
    I WILL eventually get it fixed but there are more important things to spend $4000 (my portion after dental insurance) on right now...like my mortgage....and groceries....and gas. lol

ETA: Also I work in a basement we jokingly call "The Dungeon" as you can see by the computer crap behind me that has come down here to die

You're beautiful! I seriously wouldn't even notice your tooth if you weren't turned the side, pointing at it, haha!
  • PopCorn_Said
    Options
    366e6d52-8fb7-428b-863d-98b19a3e331e_zps9ce605a0.jpg

This is me at my niece's 1st birthday. I hate my double chin and my arm... And my hips in that dress... but they don't show in this photo.

Edited for spelling
  • MireyGal76
    Options

You're beautiful! I seriously wouldn't even notice your tooth if you weren't turned the side, pointing at it, haha!

agreed! you have a beautiful smile and your face lights up when you show your teeth. (also the glasses fit your face wonderfully)
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options

agreed! you have a beautiful smile and your face lights up when you show your teeth. (also the glasses fit your face wonderfully)

Thank you! Both of you! It really does bother me. But I guess I notice it more than anyone else.

And thanks for the glasses comment! I got them about 5 months ago and I'm still adjusting to them, so that really made my day :flowerforyou:
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    366e6d52-8fb7-428b-863d-98b19a3e331e_zps9ce605a0.jpg

This is me at my niece's 1st birthday. I hate my double chin and my arm... And my hips in that dress... but they don't show in this photo.

Edited for spelling

hun, I don't think that's a double chin... i think thats from tucking your chin down when you were laughing... If you look at my profile shot (in this thread where I complain about my nose), you can see that I don't have a double chin - but I see one from time to time. It's just flexi skin so you can move your head!

You look beautiful in this pic! A natural smile, a happy laugh, it's perfect :-D
  • JuneyJo
    JuneyJo Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    This is possibly the very best post I've ever seen on MFP. This is what it's all about - sharing and compassion. Thank you, MireyGal76 for starting it! And thank ALL of you for sharing and for all of the positive comments and support just flying around here. I love it!!! I can't post pictures from work, but I'll see what I can do later. :smile:

You're all beautiful, wonderful women and I'm really glad you're all here! :flowerforyou:
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Isn't it funny how we all have something we hate so much about ourselves yet it's the last thing others notice.

Thank you ladies for the amazing compliments, still hate the pic but has made me notice my better points and I'm still just as determined to shed that 'layer of padding' as I have named it.

All the pics on here might get us closer to scaring off those inner demons, plus I genuinely think everyone looks fantastic!!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Time for the awesomeness.

Me at my largest (at least 280ish):

largest_zps1d00acc2.jpg

Before my nerd fitness 6 week challenge:

IMG_0405_zpseed56e73.jpg
    IMG_0398_zpscdb5f06b.jpg