The brave and the human

Options

Replies

• Mom0819
    Mom0819 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it will post a FB pic.

This was a few months before I joined before MFP. I detest this pic with the fire of a thousand suns.

524973_3628891853030_1021767484_n.jpg

Glad I posted it though. I see progress.

I am curious as to why? I see someone who is happy and smiling and beautiful, and full of joy. It's a beautiful pic!

OP - You are a beautiful person. Full of kindness and love. Nothing is more important than that and you have shown it in all your responses today.
  • Zuragh
    Zuragh Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump, love this thread. xoxo brave humans!
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    ^^ thanks! :blushing: I see a lot of orange, and an unhappy person. :blushing:

I have a serious case of profile envy... You have a perfect nose!

I have my grandma's nose, bumpy and big nostrils... I always turn my face to minimize it. I cannot stand my side shots... which leads me to this:
    2651f895-900b-4588-8280-190c7ca580a2_zps697a57d9.jpg

That's a great nose! I've always felt like mine is too big for my face. And I have a scar going right across it so it really stands out when I don't wear makeup.

Yeah, besides, look what happened to Jennifer Grey. Didn't like her nose -> got rid of it -> Jennifer who?

I don't see anything wrong with your nose at all. And you wouldn't look like YOU without it.
  • rissaface
    rissaface Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic thread! Such respect for all the posters........ beautiful! We are definitely our own worst critics. You guys are all amazing! :love:
  • Mom0819
    Mom0819 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Actually - everyone here is wonderful and kind. Haven't seen an uplifting post like this in ages. Thank you all!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys are all inspirational. I am so self-conscious I don't ever let anyone take my picture, unless I'm hidden behind someone else! I had one "face shot" as my initial profile pic on here and I made sure it was the blurriest one I could find. Will have to take a pic to post once I get home.

we'll be waiting to love on you when you do!!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I know its silly, but I rarely post pictures where I am wearing no makeup. Both of these pictures show me with no makeup. I prefer to post all dolled up shots, though...

bodyfatdifference-1.jpg

darlin.. you are stunning in your before and after pictures
    without makeup - you have a classic beauty.

sometimes makeup hides the purity of features, and you have beautiful features!!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    ^^ thanks! :blushing: I see a lot of orange, and an unhappy person. :blushing:

I have a serious case of profile envy... You have a perfect nose!

I have my grandma's nose, bumpy and big nostrils... I always turn my face to minimize it. I cannot stand my side shots... which leads me to this:
    2651f895-900b-4588-8280-190c7ca580a2_zps697a57d9.jpg

That's a great nose! I've always felt like mine is too big for my face. And I have a scar going right across it so it really stands out when I don't wear makeup.

Yeah, besides, look what happened to Jennifer Grey. Didn't like her nose -> got rid of it -> Jennifer who?

I don't see anything wrong with your nose at all. And you wouldn't look like YOU without it.

:flowerforyou:

and it holds up my sunglasses!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

8d20a85f-a6da-4781-9a88-9951f7ee6a6b_zps8984de29.jpg

I have a cyst on my hip that I rarely allow out in photos... there it is... and yes... *kitten* dimples.

My three year old has more cellulite than that.
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Screenshot_2013-02-13-20-47-16-1.png

This is a bikini I bought from H&M in the sizes I would wear in normal clothes, I put it on and cried, but kept it and this made me join MFP. I WILL fit in it without lumps and bumps one day
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Here goes. I have very few pics of me with my daughter. Half the time I wouldn't let people take pics if I wasn't wearing makeup. If pics were taken and I looked bad, many times I deleted them. :sad: SO much regret. I can't undo it now but I treasure these pics even if I hate the way I look in them.

No makeup, grimy hair pulled back.

IMG_0370.jpg

Huge arms and double chin, hair pulled away making face look even fatter.

IMG_3666.jpg

Edited: I give up. I've resized down to nothing and they're still huge...

when I saw them , they were super tiny and I couldn't see much. I think once you post with that link, your cache remembers the original image. if you are using photobucket, save as a new image (new url) and replace the url entirely. That is what works best for me.

thank you so much for trying! so sorry it was so frustrating a venture!

Oh, that makes sense. Trying again with pics above.

Seriously? You look lovely.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I know its silly, but I rarely post pictures where I am wearing no makeup. Both of these pictures show me with no makeup. I prefer to post all dolled up shots, though...

bodyfatdifference-1.jpg

darlin.. you are stunning in your before and after pictures
    without makeup - you have a classic beauty.

sometimes makeup hides the purity of features, and you have beautiful features!!

you are a swetheart. Thank you! I can't post the real charmers, though, so no makeup was the best I could do for this thread. Apparently, my stage bikini is too small for pictures that get me in trouble for posting or I would have shown some before and very not glamorous thigh/backside shots...
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I once cut my hair off. This one was after four months of letting it grow. This picture reminds me of a time when I was unhappy. I also never have photos without makeup. Makeup is my security blanket. I feel like I look so old and so tired in this photo.

P1010093.JPG

I see a gorgeous chin line, a perfect little nose, great eyebrows and hair I would kill to have. You don't even have to style it to get it to look like that do you? Just run your finger through it I bet?
  • awal2069
    awal2069 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I briefly posted my nasty belly pic for you all as my main pic (this will be short and sweet, so if its gone, sorry)
    I hate my belly button as it was stretched out after surgery - and will soon be stretched out for surgery again. Meaning I will also not be able to work out for a while either. Sigh.
    Oh well... I despise my thighs even more, but one day... ONE DAY may they look like the_dizzle's... :wink:

You all are beautiful!!!!!!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can post a pic when I get home later!
  • likitisplit
    Options

This is a bikini I bought from H&M in the sizes I would wear in normal clothes, I put it on and cried, but kept it and this made me join MFP. I WILL fit in it without lumps and bumps one day

I see that the bikini bottom is unflattering. Anybody can buy an unflattering bikini bottom.
  • Sharla_G
    Sharla_G Posts: 72
    Options
    I have a cyst in the exact same spot on my left hip as well!
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I have struggled a long time with self esteem issues...

Common thoughts of mine:
    - If you really knew me... you wouldn't love me.
    - If you could see me in person... you wouldn't be so impressed
    - I'm a let down when you actually get to know / meet / see me

I could have written this! I really admire your bravery!! I'm not there yet, but I'm working on me...a little bit every day. xo
  • bananapancakebella
    Options

I see a gorgeous chin line, a perfect little nose, great eyebrows and hair I would kill to have. You don't even have to style it to get it to look like that do you? Just run your finger through it I bet?

Haha! Thanks for the compliments! To get my hair to look like this I co-washed, plopped, gelled, and blow dried. If I didn't, it curled and stuck straight up. It's shoulder length now, blonde, and controlled.
  • bananapancakebella
    Options

I see that the bikini bottom is unflattering. Anybody can buy an unflattering bikini bottom.

You have a great body! That swimsuit wouldn't fit anyone well, and H&M is horrible with sizes (they also sometimes make mistakes with the labels).