Over 200 New Year New Me Part 15

Options

Replies

• KDubMommy
    KDubMommy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Checking in from yesterday 4/21

Calories: 1653 - 400 over my regular allotment so i basically ate ALL of my exercise calories because I went a teacher mixer & had a couple martinis & some hot wings but they were VERY yummy

Exercise: had my butt kicked by my trainer
    Water: got close to 7 glasses in so that is a very good day for me :-)

Today so far I have manage to consume a whole liter of water before 12:30! I am totally starving though...have really tried to rein in the eating but I am still hungry!
    I am thinking my fitness test next tuesday should show some good results...my trainer does my measurements too...I have been trying to measure myself just so I won't be surprised if it is bad & this morning I am thinking the measurements might come out pretty good :-)
    But the main thing on my mind is that i am HUNGRY!!!
    I did finish all of my homework yesterday too :-) I am feelin pretty positive about all of this right now :-)
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Yesterday our organization was zapped by an update from McAfee. My laptop when down about the time I was trying to post here and I was busy here helping restore systems until after 11PM last night! I had a 6 am appointment with the marriage counselor (yeah... fun way to start the day!). We've had marriage counseling on and off for years - WAY cheaper than a divorce and we do love each other... gah! men can be so thick:grumble: ! ANYWAY- went to appt then to the rec center and did W6D2 of the 5K101 (I missed it last night cause of work). Then I wandered into the office around ten :ohwell: And now I'm sooooo sleepy!:yawn:

When I was running this morning I was noticing that my thighs don't rub as much as they did. The way I'm built they will ALWAYS touch but now it's only at the upper third :glasses: I was really trying to move out of my western pleasure slow-motion jog but leaning forward some and bending my knees more - but it was difficult to sustain because I seem naturally built of slow :ohwell:

Mari - yesterday I DID THE SPIN CLASS!!!! But not too well. It was a "hills and cross country" class and every one seriously looked like a professional biker. I spent a lot of the time sitting and peddling with minimal resistance while they were up on their feet going a million miles per hour! I'm going to try to bike standing up on the regular exercise bikes and see if I can build up some endurance in that position!:sick:

Checking in for yesterday -
    Calories - under (never got dinner)
    Water- great! I drink well at work :wink: :drinker:
    Exercise - Spinning in the morning and a big walk at lunch!:smokin:

Proud - that I didn't eat junk food when it got late and I was feeling soooo sorry for myself!

Today I'm doing OK but it's been healthy but higher calorie food choices. I had a banana with my breakfast, and I had veggies for lunch that had butter in them - yummy but bumped up my intake by about 200 calories for the day! Tonight it's an 'Earth Day' dinner of locally grown veggies (onions and mushrooms from PA) and eggs, and cream in a frittata - usually those are pretty kind calorie wise! I'll check back soon!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Well, I pulled into the driveway and my bf was standing looking out the door window & saw me pull up! Crazy man. He said he thought he heard a knock & wanted to be sure it wasn't the UPS guy (expecting my scale today). But he walked out with a huge grin on his face. :love: And he was like "What are you doing here? For lunch?" and I said "FOR YOU!" :laugh: And now I'm sitting outside on the porch... by myself. :laugh: Not getting anything done (I decided cleaning would be a lot more fun after drinking a pint of Guinness :tongue: I bet I'm right, too).

Anyway, I stopped by Walmart on the way home since the surprise was ruined & there was no need to hurry. I needed to pick up a couple things. I decided to look for a shirt that would go with a lot of the skirts I have that are starting to fit now because I wanted to wear my most awesome skirt to dinner tonight. I found one I liked & took a size Large into the fitting room. And for what I'm nearly 100% sure was the very first time in my life, I had to leave the fitting room to get a SMALLER size. I had to buy a MEDIUM! :bigsmile: I swear most of the brands Walmart carries run big, but still. I went in thinking the large would probably be too small & that I'd have to go get an XL so it was a super nice surprise!

I also got one of the "jumper straps" for my knee. I tried it out and I think it really will help so I may try to get a jog in after I clean. I probably won't do the F210K workout I'm supposed to do (w2d1) because I want to ease my knee back into it but I really do need to burn the extra calories since with this Guinness I'm already sitting at 854 cals. Because, of course I had to eat half of a chocolate cake doughnut with my Guinness (a real British treat! I know it will sound horribly gross to most of you, but OMG YUM). I guess it's the Irish in me. :tongue:
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I also got one of the "jumper straps" for my knee. I tried it out and I think it really will help so I may try to get a jog in after I clean. I probably won't do the F210K workout I'm supposed to do (w2d1) because I want to ease my knee back into it but I really do need to burn the extra calories since with this Guinness I'm already sitting at 854 cals. Because, of course I had to eat half of a chocolate cake doughnut with my Guinness (a real British treat! I know it will sound horribly gross to most of you, but OMG YUM). I guess it's the Irish in me. :tongue:

You are going to CLEAN and RUN after a Guinness? I would be too relaxed and happy for that! You are incredibly devoted! :drinker: Congrats on the Medium shirt too, WOW!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    A quick check in..not sure if i will be on later on..

today: 4/22/10
    calories: under, about 1173
    exercise: yup, walked the community park ( 3.7 mph) for 30 minutes (6 laps), 200 abs challenge, danced for 30 minutes, cleaned my house, and cooked dinner..
    water: on target...13 cups..
    sodium: 1200...trying to stay low since weigh in is tomorrow
    proud: that i did all that...my calfs are hurting like crazy but suffered with the pain and pushed myself to keep going w/ the walk...i think i might have to take pain reliever..i hate meds..

Have a great day/afternon/evening!

Laila
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Okay, I have been sitting here for nearly 15 mins. catching up on you guys. I realized that I sit here reading with a big grin on my face and my lips start hurting. You guys make me smile:bigsmile:

Ewwww about the gross bosses. Blow you stinkin nose little idiot.:laugh: Get a q-tip ya big dork:laugh: Okay this is why I am a stay at home mom because that is what I would be saying to people. You just can't take me into public:laugh:

Thanks for all the cheers for Ryan. I was so proud of him. We went to speech and he did not have a good day. Oh well he is still trying to figure all this out. Give the guy a break, part of his issues are being spoiled a bit. Don't get me wrong he def. has a speech delay but he is so babied. He has been trying this new thing with me it is a control issue and it is so hard but anyways if he does not want to listen to me he tries to "hug" me. So I started putting my hand out to stop him. My daughters are devestated. "Mom isn't hugging Ryan when he wants one" Ryan does NOT want a hug he wants to shut me up.:huh: :laugh: Heather, he does sound easier than your little girl from riding. He is "controllable" You just have to be firm and get on it. He is too funny though. He told me a was a "Giant embarassing mommy" because I was singing to him. Yes my voice is that bad

Awestfall, as for your girl hugging everyone. I just grab his hand and pull him close to me if I think he is about to do it. I can usually tell when he is getting ready to go in for the hug and kiss. (Any time a little girl his age is around). So I just keep him close. I don't really know how to put a stop to it. I also try to talk to him and say " You should only hug, mommy, daddy, grandma and sissy's. When I figure it out I will let you know:flowerforyou:

Snowflakes, we are going to miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday to littlespys boyfriend and Pos- hubby.

Jess, wow you got your scale fast didn't you?

Okay, gotta go have a daughter to pick up she is early out today
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Cris, you had a sandwich from Panera? My mouth is watering thinking about it! For some ridiculous reason, there are NO Paneras in New York City (at least not in Manhattan). It makes me so sad, because that food is delicious! It's a favorite for my husband as well, so I'm sure we'll go to one when we're in Indianapolis this weekend.

Littlespy, congrats on the smaller size! It is a huge accomplishment and you should definitely feel proud.

Momma, that's a good program your son was in last night. The teachers are in charge and the fact that he listened when they told him to stop is wonderful!

Mstahl, CONGRATS on the spinning class! That's fantastic that you went and tried it. Everything I have head about spinning supports your claim that is it TOUGH! I'm proud of you for sticking it out and finishing the class, even if it was at your own pace.

I was planning on a run in Central Park today with a friend, but she's feeling sick and isn't up for it. I was all ready to throw in the towel and say, "Oh well, guess I won't run today." But then another friend mentioned she wants to come instead! So it's fate. I am meant to run in Central Park today. I'm promptly treating myself to a mani/pedi afterwards (lucky lady who gets to deal with my feet post a run!) in preparation for the wedding in Indy this weekend.

Off to get more water...64 oz done for the day, this next fill will make 88 total!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    lstpaul: Maybe our coworkers are related? Mine belches out loud a lot too, and it was really funny when another co-worker called him out on it last week. He doesn't ever look like he washed his hair and I'm dying to know what his wife is like because she's so super nice when she calls for him.

Littlespy: Congrats on the new smaller shirt! The Guinness and chocolate cake doughnut combo sounds delicious...I like both of them!

I only have just over a half hour to go and then I'm out of here for the weekend. Today has gone SO slow! On the up side, it's supposed to be 68 and sunny tomorrow instead of the rainstorms they were predicting earlier in the week. Woo hoo!!

If I don't have a chance to stop in this weekend, I hope you all have a great weekend and I'll "see" you Monday!
    Heather
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have been sitting here for nearly 15 mins. catching up on you guys. I realized that I sit here reading with a big grin on my face and my lips start hurting. You guys make me smile:bigsmile:

Ewwww about the gross bosses. Blow you stinkin nose little idiot.:laugh: Get a q-tip ya big dork:laugh: Okay this is why I am a stay at home mom because that is what I would be saying to people. You just can't take me into public:laugh:

Thanks for all the cheers for Ryan. I was so proud of him. We went to speech and he did not have a good day. Oh well he is still trying to figure all this out. Give the guy a break, part of his issues are being spoiled a bit. Don't get me wrong he def. has a speech delay but he is so babied. He has been trying this new thing with me it is a control issue and it is so hard but anyways if he does not want to listen to me he tries to "hug" me. So I started putting my hand out to stop him. My daughters are devestated. "Mom isn't hugging Ryan when he wants one" Ryan does NOT want a hug he wants to shut me up.:huh: :laugh: Heather, he does sound easier than your little girl from riding. He is "controllable" You just have to be firm and get on it. He is too funny though. He told me a was a "Giant embarassing mommy" because I was singing to him. Yes my voice is that bad

Awestfall, as for your girl hugging everyone. I just grab his hand and pull him close to me if I think he is about to do it. I can usually tell when he is getting ready to go in for the hug and kiss. (Any time a little girl his age is around). So I just keep him close. I don't really know how to put a stop to it. I also try to talk to him and say " You should only hug, mommy, daddy, grandma and sissy's. When I figure it out I will let you know:flowerforyou:

Snowflakes, we are going to miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday to littlespys boyfriend and Pos- hubby.

Jess, wow you got your scale fast didn't you?

Okay, gotta go have a daughter to pick up she is early out today
    Thanks Momma!! I usually tell her the same as you tell your son,just to hug mom,dad,and her sisters but here lately she has been trying to be friendly with everyone.I am constantly running to grab her or pulling her away from some stranger and then they look at me like ARE YOU CRAZY LADY I wouldn't hurt your daughter? But if they look at it from my point of view then they would see that I am just trying to protect her and break her of what potentially could be a dangerous thing.I guess I will keep stressing the facts about STRANGER DANGER too her lol.
  • LittleSpy
    Options

You are going to CLEAN and RUN after a Guinness? I would be too relaxed and happy for that! You are incredibly devoted! :drinker: Congrats on the Medium shirt too, WOW!

Well you know it's all just theory. What I *think* I'm going to do. In reality, it's like nearly 2 hours later and I've gotten very little cleaning done. I have done some, though, at least. I blame my bf. And UPS for delivering my scale. I took out the trash & saw the package was sitting on my porch. So OF COURSE I had to read the manual & get it all set up & try it out. The good news is that it's going to be a totally smooth transition from one scale to the other because they both said I weigh the same thing! And I'm excited about the weight both of them gave me because I'm full of Guinness and water and food and so I think if I'm decently good tonight with my eating I may actually show a loss this week after all.

But I'm really hoping the body fat thing is really skewed because of how much fluid and food I've had today. I think it has to be. :noway: But I don't know now that I think about it. Because if it's accurate, I just need to lose about 35 more pounds to be in the "normal" range of body fat for a woman my age. I was thinking I want to lose 45 more, so maybe it is about right. I just don't want to believe I'm really that much percentage of fat. :ohwell: I do think it'll be more accurate in the morning though.
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I CAN NOT STOP EATING!!! I AM SO HUNGRY!!!! IM AT 1300 CALORIES RIGHT NOW....

I have 400 more due to excercise cal but I dont want to go over 1400 today!!!! Ugh....stupid period!
  • irandamay
    irandamay Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I hope you don't mind if I poke my nose into your thread. :smile: I just wanted to thank mstahl for the heads up about the scale that was on sale at Amazon! I have been reading through threads in this forum and that caught my eye because my cheapo Walmart scale only reads in 0.5 lb increments and the numbers are all over the place, so I've been wanting a new scale for a while!

It just got here today and I tried it out compared to my old one. It is about 2 lbs higher than my cheapo one, but I think that means it's pretty accurate... or at least accurate compared to the scale at my gym. :smile: I am doing a Biggest Loser program at my gym, and when we have our weekly weigh in there, my weight there is also about 2 lbs higher than my old scale, so I was kind of prepared for it to be higher. That was pretty disappointing to weigh in here in the morning before I left to go to the first day and then weigh 2 lbs more at the initial weigh in, though! :smile:
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    mstahl - Cool! Something in me wants to start a spinning class too, but I'll stick with my bike for now, its free and I dont have to be inside to enjoy it. I need to get more endurance standing up too, its hard for me to gain speed always sitting on my butt. *sigh*

spy - omg a medium? i dont think ive EVER worn a medium! Gosh I hope I can get there at some point, it would be awesome! But I am noticing alot of my larger shirts are starting to feel like bags on me now so, that's a good sign! I remember last year when all the XL tshirts I had were getting tighter...and tighter...and tighter...and I was SO in denial. "This one runs small, this one shrank in the wash" Oh please! :laugh: One of the major points of the descision I made to lose this weight was how much I DREADED having to buy a XXL t shirt. NO WAY. :noway: But i hope to get to medium some day! :smokin: Way to go!

Check in briefly:
    calories: Under (for now, lol, I already planned dinner and I may have some yogurt before bed to take up the remaining calories
    Water: Almost! Will have it by the end of the day
    Exercise: None, i hurt from yesterday
    Proud: At lunch we had a cookout at work, and I ate two hotdogs without the bun to save calories, baked chips and veggies. No sweet tea, no cookies, no cake, no bread, no ketchup, no pie, no fruit, no mac and cheese...gosh! IT WAS SO HARD! But I did it! And after logging I realized if I had given in I would have been way over in calories today! GO ME! :drinker:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Hi everyone, I hope you don't mind if I poke my nose into your thread. :smile: I just wanted to thank mstahl for the heads up about the scale that was on sale at Amazon! I have been reading through threads in this forum and that caught my eye because my cheapo Walmart scale only reads in 0.5 lb increments and the numbers are all over the place, so I've been wanting a new scale for a while!

It just got here today and I tried it out compared to my old one. It is about 2 lbs higher than my cheapo one, but I think that means it's pretty accurate... or at least accurate compared to the scale at my gym. :smile: I am doing a Biggest Loser program at my gym, and when we have our weekly weigh in there, my weight there is also about 2 lbs higher than my old scale, so I was kind of prepared for it to be higher. That was pretty disappointing to weigh in here in the morning before I left to go to the first day and then weigh 2 lbs more at the initial weigh in, though! :smile:

Hi There Irandamay, I am glad you found a scale. Also welcome we have room here for everyone. If you have not already noticed we are a chatty group of gals. I was smiling when I saw your post. I LOVE the name Miranda. My friend and I both loved that name and we had a deal whoever had the first girl got to name her Miranda!!! Yay I won my oldest daughter is Miranda. She is 16 and I still think that is such a beautiful name. Well glad you are here and I look forward to getting to know ya.
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    hi ladies,
    Super busy and no time to read or write today or tomorrow probably, I'll just manage a quick check in in the am.

Today all is good.

TTYL
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome Miranda! You are going to love it here!

So I compared my scale to the scale I had before. It has me at a pound more. I guess that's not too bad. So I probably wont see a loss for tomorrow. I noticed this happened last month. I lost 3 pounds one week and the next one or two I lost nothing. Weird! I have my 25 minute jog tomorrow morning for c25k. Wish me luck!!

Be back in a bit to do my daily check in!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Jess - I go in spurts like that, too. Not sure why.
    Miranda - Welcome! Love the pig latin. :flowerforyou:
    litspy - woohoo on that medium! Yes, I eat chocolate with Guinness too. In my opinion, Guinness has chocolate overtones. But I'm a little weird with beer.
    momma - I am SO happy the class went well with your little man! What a relief, right?
    Mari - you did GREAT at the lunch today! You should be very proud! :flowerforyou:
    cris - way to go on 4th place!
    snowflakes - we will miss you! Don't forget to come back in May! :heart:
    Sorry if I've missed people - I'm really exhausted tonight.

check in:
    calories: good
    water: 96
    exercise: My physical therapist kicked my *kitten* tonight! I rode 3 miles on a hard resistance bike, then he made me do step aerobics (well, *I* thought it was very aerobic! LOL) on a 6 inch step! Is he out of his mind? I can't step up without holding onto something! Well, after FIVE F-ing reps of wobbly stepping and grabbing his hand, I finally did two reps without holding on!!!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I am so exhausted and my body HURTS!!!
    proud: I stepped up without having to hold on! This is huge for me! :noway:
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I tried on a old dress for the wedding this weekend and it's fits great! Hooray for wearing a size 12!!

Checking in:
    Cals: 1432, with 393 leftover exercise
    Water: 104 oz - I broke 100!!
    Exercise: 30 Day Shred Level 2, Day 5 and C25k Week 3, Day 1
    Proud: I ran in Central Park! Like a "healthy" person!
  • jesyka
    jesyka Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Ok I've FINALLY made it through all the posts:happy:

Elmox- Great work on the size 12 dress:drinker:

Bluenote- Awesome job with doing the step without holding onto anything :happy: Thats fantastic

Mari- That's awesome that you were able to resist temptation at your work cookout...that's a true test of will power there!

irandamay- Welcome to this totally amazing group!

Awestfall and Momma- I have the same issue with an overly trusting child. It's scary, you want them to have this innocent view of the world, but at the same time recognize danger zones. I find it especially hard with the strangers that will come up to your child while you're with them and start talking to them [or when you're trying to correct bad behavior they come and try to be sympathetic to said upset child] Just makes it that much harder to teach your child that not everyone is as nice as they seem. My daughter is still young, and I know that if I try to explain anything to her it will freak her out. She's at the 'take off from mommy and daddy' stage and we tried to explain to her that she needs to stay with us in stores etc. because if we can't see her a bad person could come and take her from us and we might never see her again...freaked her right out, now she holds our hand EVERYWHERE, and is constantly asking for reassurance that a 'bad person' won't come take her:frown:

Hajohnson- Hope you're weekend is full of wonderful sunshine so you can get out and enjoy it!

Mstahl-Way to go on trying out a spin class :smile:

Littlespy- Yay for a size Medium :smile: realizing you need a SMALLER size is a terrific feeling!

Check in...

Calories-Under
    Exercise-None today
    Water-good
    Proud-Hmm..guess I'm proud that I'm starting to see myself in a thinner sense...if that makes any sense. I'm starting to notice changes [for the better] in my body and its a great feeling :D
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Jesyka -- That definitely makes sense! Jenn and I were mentioning how we noticed when we catch a glimpse in ourselves in the mirror or in a window we see "chubby" people instead of getting that horrible "OMG, I'm really that big?" realization. It's a great thing!

elmox -- size 12! Woot woot! I think I'm still a good 15 pounds from a comfy size 12. :love:

bluenote -- way to go on the steps! I'm pretty sure I hate stair stepping. I remember being forced to do it in gym class in elementary school. :noway: Thinking back, how in the world did they ever get 8 year olds to do something like that? This is a major tangent, but I had a horrible gym teacher in elementary school. One day we were playing soccer & I fell & hurt my ankle. She sat me down in a chair & took off my shoe & messed with it a little & said I *should* be fine & got really mad when I wouldn't put any weight on it (it hurt *really* bad!). I told her I wanted to go to the nurse & she made me go by myself! I couldn't walk! I was literally hopping down the really long hallway on one foot from the gym to the front of the school when a teacher came along & saw me struggling. She helped me the rest of the way. When we got there, the nurse called my mom to pick me up. My mom took me to the doctor later that day when I still wouldn't walk on it. Yeah, it was fractured. I was on crutches for weeks and weeks. Stupid gym teacher. Make an 8 year old kid hop down the hall by herself with a freaking broken ankle. I think she just figured "Oh, the fat kid fell down and now she's embarrassed so she's being a big baby." That's the impression I got at least. I don't know why some adults think kids are so dumb. :grumble: Sorry about the childhood trauma story. :laugh:

Jess -- It looks like I've started losing in spurts, too. I have only lost 2 pounds in the last 3 weeks after that 3.8 pound loss one week and I think I was going to lose a good bit this week -- 2 pounds or so -- before I overdid it today.

Welp, speaking of being the fat kid, I ate too much. :laugh: The thing is that even when I overeat now, it's still about half of the amount I would've eaten before. :noway: TWO piece of cake, 1/2 a doughnut, beer, to-die-for mushroom omelet, 1.5 pancakes, & regular lunch & breakfast & all, I'm still basically at maintenance calories for the day!! WHAT?! Seriously, how did I ever weigh 270 pounds?

Went to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner. It's a pancake house (but not the "international" one :wink: I generally prefer locally owned restaurants. :smile:). We ended up getting our food to go because we got there 30 minutes before they closed. And since I've been a server, I just.. couldn't do it to those poor servers. We got our food and put it in the car & then walked to a bookstore. And what kind of books did I beeline for? The fitness/exercise books! WHAT?! :laugh: I found one of the running books I want to buy. And I'll be getting it along with another running book I want to read for about 40% off retail with free 2 day shipping on Amazon. :blushing: :laugh: (:heart: to mstahl). Got sidetracked on the way home trying to help a loose dog (the car in front of me nearly hit him :frown:) but he wasn't friendly & when I got out of the car & whistled to him, he ran back across the busy 4 lane street which of course nearly sent me into hysterics. Luckily he was a little spooky so he kept on running away from the very busy street back to a residential area. My poor bf is so patient. :tongue:
    When we got home I did a very wise thing. I cut my meal in half and put it on a plate. I'm horrible and if food is sitting in front of me, I'm going to eat it whether I'm still hungry or not. I ate half of it and I was STUFFED. I've ordered that same meal before. And I've eaten all of it in one sitting. I have no idea how, but I've done it. :sick:

After dinner I now weigh about 2.5 pounds more than I did earlier when I liked the number on the scale so much. Oh well.

Edit: I know this is already a really long post (sorry) but I remembered something someone said today that was funny. I was walking out of work & saw one of my ex coworkers walking into my building (the State is using my work location for a bunch of training classes & she was in one today). I had gone out for drinks with her last week & she complimented me then, but when I ran into her today she said "OH! You look so good! I didn't notice as much last week because you were wearing jeans or something... but now you look like you're dressed up in grandmother's clothes." She's from India, so she phrases things a funny way, which makes her comment even funnier. She meant I looked like a little kid playing dress-up in my granny's clothes. Last week when I saw her, I was in clothes I had recently bought that fit. But today I was wearing some old work clothes (that used to not even fit because I was too big for them). The pants are size 20 and now they're about 7 inches too long and I keep them on by hooking the clasp onto the 2nd belt loop (yep, the one on the outside seam of the pants. :laugh: They look just awful but I haven't been able to find cheap nice pants for work!).