Over 200 New Year New Me Part 15

Options

Replies

• MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Cris - Thanks for the encouragement! It was hard to pass up all those treats but I have to tell myself I can have that later when I'm at my goal, and in moderation. I may have to ask my gym about spinning classes too because it sounds like it builds up good endurance and I need to get my knees a bit stronger. But look at you girl, running and spinning and rocking the weigh in. Awesome! I hope some of your ambition rubs off on me :laugh: :drinker:
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Mari - if your gym has a Spinning class we can make a pact to attend a couple classes every week in May!!!

I ice my knees after workouts. In the morning I stretch and shower/ dress first then eat breakfast while I ice my knees - it really seems to help a lot! They hardly ever hurt at that point but my doctor said that with my weight (212 at the time) I can just assume they're getting beat up and need ice. I use those re-usable ice packs and just leave them on for about 20 minutes.

(I am NOT surfing MFP right now- I'm moving photos off my CF cards onto backup drives!)
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    You know I have heard that these are WONDERFUL shoes to run in! My roommate actually told me it's better for your feet to run toe to heel and not heel toe. I can't even wrap my head around trying to do that! Let us know how you like 'em!

I think I'm going to give 'em a go if I can get them at a lowish price (like $60 or so...). I'll probably get the Classics depending on price. It seems like the Sprints (which are actually the ones I *think* I want) cost like $50 more everywhere online. :noway: I just can't see myself forking out over $100 right now (with the 20% off coupon). I'll see. I actually have a photography job that puts the store right between the shoot location and my house so I'll be swinging by there after the shoot tomorrow. :devil: I may just have to plan to get them with the help of my birthday loot next month. :wink:

I'm excited about them. I hate hate hate shoes. They are the first thing I take off when I get home (and immediately after goes my bra... TMI, I know, but I hate hate hate bras, too. :laugh: I should invent a bra based on the concept of those shoes. :tongue:)
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    You know I have heard that these are WONDERFUL shoes to run in! My roommate actually told me it's better for your feet to run toe to heel and not heel toe. I can't even wrap my head around trying to do that! Let us know how you like 'em!

I think I'm going to give 'em a go if I can get them at a lowish price (like $60 or so...). I'll probably get the Classics depending on price. It seems like the Sprints (which are actually the ones I *think* I want) cost like $50 more everywhere online. :noway: I just can't see myself forking out over $100 right now (with the 20% off coupon). I'll see. I actually have a photography job that puts the store right between the shoot location and my house so I'll be swinging by there after the shoot tomorrow. :devil: I may just have to plan to get them with the help of my birthday loot next month. :wink:

I'm excited about them. I hate hate hate shoes. They are the first thing I take off when I get home (and immediately after goes my bra... TMI, I know, but I hate hate hate bras, too. :laugh: I should invent a bra based on the concept of those shoes. :tongue:)

LOL :laugh: :laugh:

Ditto on the shoes and bras- I wear my flip flops from about March until October and wearing any kind of enclosed shoes makes me sooo uncomfortable. As for the bra...hehe my sister, mom, and I used to take THOSE off as soon as we walked in the door and we'd yell "FREEEDOOOOM!" LOL, I still do that, not sure if they do :laugh: :wink:
  • KDubMommy
    KDubMommy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Check-in for yesterday

Calories: 1539 - another day over my regular 1200 :frown: I made weight watcher chicken enchilada recipe & ate 2 & had wine & really good conversation with my husband.

Excercise: 1 hr with personal trainer - elliptical & lifting wieghts

Water: probably really close to 64oz which is uber good for me...I just made 2 liter water bottles to get through today :-)

My scale at home said I am down another pound but I am going to weigh in at school in a few minutes on my prep period to hopefully confirm.

My goal for this weekend is to get in at least an hour of cardio...that is an order from my trainer...I going to try to do an hour on the cardio & then do the 3 mile round trip walk to & from my classroom on Sunday because I have a study session for my admin credential test.
  • irandamay
    irandamay Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome everyone. :smile: I did not used to like my name when I was a kid, because it was different (oh how I wanted to be a Jennifer like everyone else) but now that I am older I do. :smile:

So far I am keeping MFP updated with my stats from my BL competition at my gym but I started a new column in my spreadsheet with my home scale for Fridays. I am only down 0.3 lb since then, but now I have a baseline for Friday weigh ins here at home. I feel like I have such a long way to go... you all are doing amazing though! I hope to enjoy the same successes as everyone else soon. :smile:

Today I am SO sore! My BL team at the gym works out with our trainer on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. The first 4 sessions, we did some general sets of stuff where all 4 of us were doing the same exercise... alternating 2 exercises for 3 sets each, then alternating 2 different exercises for 3 sets (so total of 12 sets), but we had more recovery and didn't do them as long. Yesterday we did stations where everyone was at a different exercise for 1.5 min, and 30 seconds of rest, then we all rotated to the next station. I feel like she beat us up with a baseball bat today! Next week we are doing more stations, but with the dreaded stability balls. :noway: I just keep reminding myself, I signed up for this because I'm tired of how overweight and out of shape I let myself get the past 10 years! I am not sure how I am doing individually... it was our first weigh on on Tuesday this week, and I lost 1.75%, but they only posted results for the teams. My team is in 3rd place out of 7 with 1.5% loss, but there's still 5 more weeks to move up! :smile:

LittleSpy - My boss has a pair of those Vibram Five Fingers and he really likes them. He does not run, but he does a lot of walking and hiking in them, and he thinks they are great.

Yesterday, 4/22:
    Calories - 225 over (not sure how to count this... I am 225 over my calories if I didn't work out, but still 630 under what MFP gave me for the day with the exercise)
    Water - I need to do a better job tracking this, maybe 50-60oz
    Sodium - Too much, thanks Panera :smile: Those You-Pick-2 meals fit great into things calorie wise but kill the sodium count
    Exercise - Trainer circuit training
    Proud - That I haven't had a baked good dessert since I started my BL program 2 weeks ago... this is HUGE for me, especially since I have been to Panera at least 4 times in that time :smile:
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    As for the bra...hehe my sister, mom, and I used to take THOSE off as soon as we walked in the door and we'd yell "FREEEDOOOOM!" LOL, I still do that, not sure if they do :laugh: :wink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I have to confess -- sometimes, I don't even make it home. That bad boy comes off in the car while I'm stopped at traffic light on occasion. :tongue: My boyfriend seems to be perpetually amazed by how fast I can take it off under my shirt. :laugh:
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Down 1.8 pounds :)

hajohnson24..............-0.8 = 0.41%
    Meokk.........................- 1.6 = 0.82%
    bluenote......................-1.5 = 0.36%
    Jess..............................0%
    elmox...........................-2.0 = 0.96%
    lildebbie...................... 0%
    LittleSpy.......................0%
    mstahl..........................0%
    Pos_me..................... -1.7 = 0.81%
    cogril ........................... 0%
    awestfall.....................-1.0 = 0.40%
    Cris20056..................-2.6 = 1.24%
    Mari..............................-1.2 = 0.51%
    momma........................0%
    jenn..............................-1.8 = .73
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Y'all are cracking me up! I'm the same way! :laugh: That's one thing that might be a little akward when I move home in August! HAHA!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    To all you running gals -- I've found an e-book through reading reviews for a book I thought I wanted to read (but now I'm thinking I may not. I'll probably get it & read it anyway, but I'm reading this one first). It's called "Running Fast and Injury Free" and is by Gordon Pirie who was a very successful long distance runner (Olympic medal winner; held 5 world records throughout his career). He ran 5K IN 13:36!!!! :noway: That's like 4:20 minute miles for 3.1 miles! An average of nearly 14 mph. I'm nearly 100% sure my treadmill doesn't even go that fast! :laugh:
    anyway, here's the link:
    http://www.williamsichel.co.uk/documents/Running_Fast_and_Injury_Free.pdf

The book is about 60 pages long. I plan to read it this weekend. Hopefully it doesn't end up being too kooky or anything. I generally expect someone who's had such a successful career doing ANYTHING to at least have some idea of what they're talking about :wink: So, I thought I'd share the link before actually reading it.
    Thanks I am going to go read it now!! I am thinking of doing a 5k this summer but I am still a bit nervous .So I have started 5k training (yes I just googled it ) But I will read up on this.
  • awestfall
    Options
    Good Morning!!!! No weight loss for me!!!! TOM is here for the second time this month.:mad: Been here since Mon. and not interested in letting up. I don't think that is why I am at 0 today. It could be the licorice, pizza, and other junk I have eaten this week. I gave up diet pepsi for 2 days and I am back on it.:ohwell: I have Lost my weight loss mojo. I am so blah about all of this. When I first started last year I was excited and on the ball and people were complimenting my efforts. Now I am barely hanging on. Anyways "No worries" I will find it. I just need to go look in a mirror and hopefully I will find it again:sad: :sick: :laugh:

hajohnson24..............-0.8 = 0.41%
    Meokk.........................- 1.6 = 0.82%
    bluenote......................-1.5 = 0.36%
    Jess..............................0%
    elmox...........................-2.0 = 0.96%
    lildebbie...................... 0%
    LittleSpy.......................0%
    mstahl..........................0%
    Pos_me..................... -1.7 = 0.81%
    cogril ........................... 0%
    awestfall.....................-1.0 = 0.40%
    Cris20056..................-2.6 = 1.24%
    Mari..............................-1.2 = 0.51%
    momma........................0%
    Momma I will not let you lose your weight loss mojo.I refuse to allow this to happen so I am giving you a swift kick in the butt and telling you to get it together because I :heart: you gal and I want to see you succeed and you have already so far so why give up now.Keep going you have all of us and your family to support you and keep you focused.I am here if you need another pep talk ok
  • awestfall
    Options
    As for the bra...hehe my sister, mom, and I used to take THOSE off as soon as we walked in the door and we'd yell "FREEEDOOOOM!" LOL, I still do that, not sure if they do :laugh: :wink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I have to confess -- sometimes, I don't even make it home. That bad boy comes off in the car while I'm stopped at traffic light on occasion. :tongue: My boyfriend seems to be perpetually amazed by how fast I can take it off under my shirt. :laugh:
    I have done this several time littlespy!! I thought I was the only one!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cris20056
    Options
    Momma- I must have missed your post! What are you thinking? No way are you allowed to give up not on your self and not on us!!! If it helps go look at some pics of where you started off and ask yourself if thats where you want to be again...I know you didnt start this journey jsut for the heck of it..there was something that SPARKED this way of life for you. Go back, remember what they were and use them to re-focuse! We love you, HANG IN THERE!

By the way, didnt you just lose HUGE numbers back to back? So there, you cant quit! KEEP GOING!

:heart: U!!!!!!!!!
  • cris20056
    Options
    PS- Momma- I know TOM is here so you may be a little crazy right now so I forgive you, but you better find your mojo again when its done!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone! Momma we aren't going to let you lose your mojo! We're here for you! It's just been a rough week for you. Hang in there!!
  • KDubMommy
    KDubMommy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Momma - The mojo WILL return...I lost mine for awhile too, especially when i was weighing every day...I just stopped weighing for about 3 weeks & then surprise, I was down a couple pounds :-) It gave me the push i needed to really starting counting calories again & get back on the band wagon :-)
    This group has helped me a lot too :-)
    Keep on it
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    MOmma - I am there with the yeah...the mojo will come back for us it wil it will it will!!!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Someone will have to start a thread called "How TOM stole my MOJO" and we can all whine about it LOL!

Oh... that's right... I don't have that anymore... weird. GOOD of course but weird.

I'm still off-loading photos from my data cards. Ugh... I've gotten very far behind!

LittleSpy - do you have your own photography business or do you work with someone else? I have my own, but I've stopped advertising and I find the business side tedious! This weekend I'm just going to take them for me - I might post them on flickr but not on my sales page. Just for fun!

I got two big bags of clothes from a co-worker. Most of them are size 12 and too small for me but a few fit now (skirts) and a few should fit SOON! I love having clothes to shrink into! I give my clothes away as soon as they're too big for me so there's no going back! One of my co-workers is a little bigger than me so she has fun shrinking into my clothes! LilSpy - THRIFT STORES! I have found lots of stuff for work. I just realized today I need to pick up some nice stuff for after work. It's always been nice work clothes and jeans-n-t shirts for after.

I've been thinking about the few pounds that I've picked back up. It's amazing how quickly that happened through my loss of control with food, and slacking on the exercise. I know what went wrong so I can fix it. I want to make the next six weeks more like my first six weeks of dieting!

Hey Momma! Let's start over! This weekend is the FIRST weekend of our weight loss journey! Lets show our family and friends how we can control what goes in our mouth because we want our diet to WORK and to make this a change in lifestyle!

It's like it always is, only this time there's no "regaining all and then some" because we'll cut that out of the cycle! It's far more efficient.

Mrs. Fig is off to the kennel - she'll come home smelling sweet! A friend works at the kennel and will play with Mrs. Fig and take her on walks so she'll be fine. I'm looking forwards to a clean dog!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    mstahl - I work with a photography company that hires me on contract for jobs. They pay me way too little. I'm actually a little embarrassed to say how much here. :laugh: I know for certain I'm the cheapest photographer they have. I often take photos upwards of 100 kids an hour. :noway: Yes, I've done the calculations and when the schedule is really stacked at max volume, I'm pretty sure the company grosses at least $2000 for every $10 they pay me. :indifferent:

I've thought about quitting the job & taking on private customers for a while but I just don't think I have the gumption to do it on my own right now. My bf thinks I'm nuts for working so cheap but I love working with kids (this job has convinced me that I actually want to work with kids in my career. That's something I NEVER wanted to do before). I love photography & I know the job has really helped me develop technical skills there. I work with a lot of professional photographers who do own their on businesses and I love that I'm able to watch them at work & ask them questions & learn from them. I'll always hate portait photography, but now I find myself taking more and more photos of people. I just find them more interesting subjects now, I guess. I also love that I can completely be in control of when I work. So, the job has a lot going for it in terms of being something I actually enjoy and am gaining valuable experience doing. But I seriously think I deserve quite a lot more per hour. I'm just not sure of how to tell them that.

And about the thrift stores -- I've been to so many! I can't seem to ever find nice pants there. Maybe I'm too picky. :laugh:
  • cris20056
    Options
    someone sent me this link: thisiswhyyourefat.com

CHECK IT OUT BUT WARNING: MAY MAKE YOU HUNGRY OR MAY MAKE UP VOMIT!!!!

I was pretty disgusted by MOST pictures...my stomach actually churned

JLB- There is a special guiness treat on page 3 :laugh: