Convince me Pop Tarts & ice cream are bad.

Options

Replies

• lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Glad to see an awesome loser is eating sweets ............. I havent had a poptart since august 2012.
    Maybe I will go get a package of them. I know its easier to lose weight if I eat only unprocessed foods at my height and weight but
    I just dont want to eat like that 100% of the time. I am glad that you say 20-25%. That makes logical sense.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I would try, but I manage to lose weight, put on muscle, and train hard on a diet that includes liberal amounts of ice cream and Pop Tarts whenever I want them. Which is about the same amount of time that you consume them.

So much for that argument.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Alright, OP. I enjoyed your first few posts because I liked looking at all the pictures and even decided to treat myself and try one in the future. I got your message.
    But you're starting to become a little much here-this is like the third post and it's starting to look like you want start a fight.
    You know a lot of people here are on much lower calorie diets and are jealous and are going to pick a fight.
    So why keep picking the nerve?

I bring it up because I have a lot of success with weight loss and health doing it this way, but every time I offer advise I'm chastised over eating "pop tarts & ice cream". It actually isn't about pop tarts or ice cream, it's about knowing you can achieve all your goals eating anything you want. You don't have to be on a fad diet or not eat things you enjoy to do this. That's the point.

Well let's put it this way OP, 4000 calories per day is not realistic for most people wanting to lose weight.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Alright, OP. I enjoyed your first few posts because I liked looking at all the pictures and even decided to treat myself and try one in the future. I got your message.
    But you're starting to become a little much here-this is like the third post and it's starting to look like you want start a fight.
    You know a lot of people here are on much lower calorie diets and are jealous and are going to pick a fight.

I bring it up because I have a lot of success with weight loss and health doing it this way, but every time I offer advise I'm chastised over eating "pop tarts & ice cream". It actually isn't about pop tarts or ice cream, it's about knowing you can achieve all your goals eating anything you want. You don't have to be on a fad diet or not eat things you enjoy to do this. That's the point.

Well let's put it this way OP, 4000 calories per day is not realistic for most people wanting to lose weight.

It's not about ice cream or pop tarts or 4000 caloriew. I eat pizza, french toast, and ice cream on 2000 or fewer calories a day. It's about focusing on nutrients and eating whatever makes you happy to get there.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with any of it. I live on it. The only thing you have to watch for is sodium and blood pressure. Which is why they make blood pressure meds. Inhibit your kidney from retaining water and keep on eating all the pop tarts in the world. Yes, serious.

Does your doc know that you eat that much sugar? Eating a lot of sugar may cause high serum uric acid which is likely a causative agent in not only hypertension, but renal disease and failure. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23439375

You might want to have your uric acid level checked. Google "hyperuricemia and hypertension". Here's an article to start with: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23089272

From the article: "Although more research is clearly necessary, the available data suggest that uric acid is likely causative in some cases of early onset hypertension." If you have hypertension at your age, I wouldn't be so confident that B.P. meds will solve all problems. By the time that B.P. is sodium dependent, there may have already been significant renal damage.
  • NaBroski
    NaBroski Posts: 206
    Options

the carbs are sugar as well when they're broken down.

Today's word is "Tautology"

Can you say "Tautology"?

I bet you can.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Glad to see an awesome loser is eating sweets ............. I havent had a poptart since august 2012.
    Maybe I will go get a package of them. I know its easier to lose weight if I eat only unprocessed foods at my height and weight but
    I just dont want to eat like that 100% of the time. I am glad that you say 20-25%. That makes logical sense.

As a woman, you likely cannot get away with as much liberty as the OP. A woman's leptin levels are 2 to 3 times that of a man at the same B.F. level. You may be playing with fire. Just sayin'.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

20 - 25% , doesn't matter what your total intake is. I get to eat more because mine's higher, that's all that means. I never said go eat 1000 calories a day of XXXX food.
  • magerum
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with any of it. I live on it. The only thing you have to watch for is sodium and blood pressure. Which is why they make blood pressure meds. Inhibit your kidney from retaining water and keep on eating all the pop tarts in the world. Yes, serious.

Does your doc know that you eat that much sugar? Eating a lot of sugar may cause high serum uric acid which is likely a causative agent in not only hypertension, but renal disease and failure. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23439375

You might want to have your uric acid level checked. Google "hyperuricemia and hypertension". Here's an article to start with: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23089272

From the article: "Although more research is clearly necessary, the available data suggest that uric acid is likely causative in some cases of early onset hypertension." If you have hypertension at your age, I wouldn't be so confident that B.P. meds will solve all problems. By the time that B.P. is sodium dependent, there may have already been significant renal damage.

Already answered this the first time you asked. As of two weeks ago 3.2 mg/dL. Low end of average. Thanks.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

20 - 25% , doesn't matter what your total intake is. I get to eat more because mine's higher, that's all that means. I never said go eat 1000 calories a day of XXXX food.

his diary is open. anyone who wants to see if his claim of 25% is consistent with his actions, check it out.
  • annascrapper
    annascrapper Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    no:ohwell:
  • deathbypretzel
    Options
    Everything in moderation.
  • magerum
    Options

his diary is open. anyone who wants to see if his claim of 25% is consistent with his actions, check it out.

By all means, take a look.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

Kind of a low blow considering when someone called out all the processed food you had in your diary, it was somehow justified for you.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    magerum, since you ignored my answer to your question, let me ask YOU one.

what nutrients do you GET from poptarts. and not macronutrients, what micronutrients do you get from it? (because macros are made up of smaller particles you know)
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Kind of a low blow considering when someone called out all the processed food you had in your diary, it was somehow justified for you.

the processed foods i eat are very minimally processed and still contain quality nutrients.

and is it a "low blow" when you started this thread in the first place asking for people to tell you why your diet is "bad"??

edit: hah didn't realize it was a diff poster. my bad. lol
  • magerum
    Options

I'm not scared of "processed food", I more than meet my nutritional needs. No worries.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    magerum, since you ignored my answer to your question, let me ask YOU one.

what nutrients do you GET from poptarts. and not macronutrients, what micronutrients do you get from it? (because macros are made up of smaller particles you know)

Which micros do you think he's lacking?