Don't eat proteins and carbs in the same meal?

Options

Replies

• marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    "Toxins" not "toxic," and that was used loosely as a general term for cleansing.

I don't believe sugar is TOXIC. I don't believe carbs are TOXIC. They are both DELICIOUS, but should be eaten within limits. If they were toxic, I would have been dead long, long ago...

From the looks of things, the rest of you could use a little cleansing. At the end of the day, the scales don't lie.

thanksmom.jpg
  • aepdx
    aepdx Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I think that it is great that this diet is working for you! You do what you need to do girl, don’t let these haters put you down : ). They mean nothing : )
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    "Toxins" not "toxic," and that was used loosely as a general term for cleansing.

I don't believe sugar is TOXIC. I don't believe carbs are TOXIC. They are both DELICIOUS, but should be eaten within limits. If they were toxic, I would have been dead long, long ago...

From the looks of things, the rest of you could use a little cleansing. At the end of the day, the scales don't lie.

Ooooh, you little ray of SUNshine! :smile:
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    if you eat a normal dinner, then follow it with a fruit cup.... the fruit will start to rot in your stomach

Technically, anything is breaking down once you pick it or remove it from the living organism. Although, it is sometimes slowed down by preservatives. :P
  • SRH7
    Options
    One of my work colleagues has followed this diet and has shed 3 stones (42 lbs) this year. Personally I'm happy with eating what I normally have and working to a calorific deficit each day oh and I have lost 25 lbs since start of December

Well done on 25lbs - that's fantastic :flowerforyou:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Ok, so what are the toxins? I really don't know what you mean by this.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Sugars, carbs, anything and everything backed up in my body.

I know this:

My BMI is UNDER what it should be because of the way I eat and take care of my body. I know I'm extremely healthy, and love the energy I get from the way I eat, work out and CLEANSE, yes, cleanse, on a routine basis.

If you can say the same, then great. If you can't, then maybe you should be a little more open-minded.

Uh, if you have that stuff backed up in your body, take a laxative.
  • jillybeansalad
    Options

Actually, scales do lie. Or at least, they don't tell the whole story. Then again, you use the "lower BMI than I'm supposed to" as a badge of honor. Let's not ignore that BMI is hugely flawed as well since it relies on only height and weight.

I definitely do NOT strive to be underweight.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Sugars, carbs, anything and everything backed up in my body.

I know this:

My BMI is UNDER what it should be because of the way I eat and take care of my body. I know I'm extremely healthy, and love the energy I get from the way I eat, work out and CLEANSE, yes, cleanse, on a routine basis.

If you can say the same, then great. If you can't, then maybe you should be a little more open-minded.

Odus requests that you stop. Thanks. :flowerforyou:

*blushing*

Thank you, loverpants.

:angry:
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

Actually, scales do lie. Or at least, they don't tell the whole story. Then again, you use the "lower BMI than I'm supposed to" as a badge of honor. Let's not ignore that BMI is hugely flawed as well since it relies on only height and weight.

Seriously.

BMI puts me in the overweight category.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    1) I am replying because I want to help.

2) This diet is 100% nonsense. Calorie and nutrient intake does matter. How you combine them on a per meal basis does not.

3) I am telling you that it is nonsense because you are placing a restriction on your eating habits and this restriction is not doing anything to help you achieve your goal. If I told you you HAD to wear red shoes and sit on a bag of potatoes every time you eat, and you also have to eat at a caloric deficit, you would lose weight. But you would lose weight because of the caloric deficit, not because of the red shoes or the bag of potatoes.

It is for this reason that I believe it is important to write this post.

Best of luck to you.

^^^BEST advice right THERE^^^
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Seriously.

BMI puts me at obese.
  • eowynmn
    eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I don't have the energy to read this whole thread, but I could lose 2 lbs a week if I eat 1800 calories and do no exercise. There's no magic formula. You weigh more, you need more to maintain and more to burn. If you are eating 1800 and not exercising and losing weight, you're probably just eating about 1000 less than your TDEE. It doesn't have anything to do with when you eat carbs or protiens really , except some would say no carbs in the evening. No secret, calories in < calories out and try to eat 6 small meals.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't think I'd have a good sushi night on this diet.

Reality is, diets fail. Temporary fixes that show some results and the expectation that you come back to it again when you need to lose weight again. That's why is a billion dollar industry. The average person diets 7+ times in their life time only to regain.

But I play this same song and dance on a daily basis. Good luck and hopefully you're one of the 10% that succeed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SRH7
    Options
    Seriously.

BMI puts me at obese.

George Clooney too!
  • jillybeansalad
    Options
    Seriously.

As I have to tell so many people, BMI has nothing to do with fat.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Is a fad diet really a bad thing when someone is obese if it is what it takes to get them started?

I started with ww, then as I learned I came here and was eating 1200 calories at a deficit and plateaued, I then learned what clean eating was and how that it could help my body. The next phase was hiring a trainer to take me further than I could take myself out of my comfort zone.

It is all a learning process, is it really fair to slam someone for at least trying. She's doing more than most people ever bother to. Wouldn't gentle encouragement work better???
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,705 Member
    Options
    51257d19b3465a3946ce9ac4e0c989ce_zpsee892027.jpg

LMAO
  • jillybeansalad
    Options
    Is a fad diet really a bad thing when someone is obese if it is what it takes to get them started?

If only that was the case the majority of the time. Fad diets often result in people "giving up" in frustration because they can't keep going with it or it stalls. So, while it can be a great start... it doesn't always end up that way. That's why "Yo-Yo Dieting" is so prevalent.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    In to read in the morning.