• clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Cincinnati OH!

Skyline
    Larosas
    Graeters
    Glier's goetta

If you have not heard of these, you need to send me a message so I can fill you in on these tasty treats!
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Portland Oregon, famous for beer, and Tillamook cheese! Oh! And our Voodoo Doughnuts. ;)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Michigan: coney dogs, pasties, faygo pop, better made chips, apples, cherries :)
    Better Made pretty much sucks thought :grumble:
    Don't forget Vernors though (good when you're sick at least)
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    We have lots of yummy wild (not farmed) salmon, even better is steelhead (hatchery, not wild since wild is endangered because it is so tasty!) They look like Salmon, but they are actually Trout that go and live in the ocean and get as big as Salmon. Yum!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRA55Y_STt_ZsG0icwJ6IGPd-p28qEx47ovugYWSHKPKzsUGy9T

And we are the home of:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbk1R83s8uMpkCAyo6kXjHyFoXFuS4mNn8toKuoeMlaMDK4F8KMA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_01JYT7TJkqeQxsmjZYuAsM9s-x9m5i1A72UGfK8TxoxfSQ1e

SEATTLE! You also have Piroshky, Piroshky! BEST. PASTRY. EVER.
  • elliott82
    elliott82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    i live in austin, tx and you can't find a street corner without mexican food. whether it's tex mex or real mexican food, it's delicious.

i grew up in DFW, home of the state fair of texas. we love deep frying anything possible and selling it (deep fried coke, deep fried butter, deep fried cotton candy).
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I'm from Massachusetts..Fluffanutter sandwiches and new england clam chowder. We also have these hot dog rolls that are unique to New England. The first time I had a hot dog outside of my area, I was mortified with the bun. This is the ONLY way to enjoy a hot dog!

Two things I miss from Mass.
    1. Hot Lobster rolls on those new england hot dog rolls. So good.
    2. Poutine, the poutine there was always so amazing.
  • aleeupt
    aleeupt Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm from D.C., nothing really signature here but mumbo sauce. I've only had the sauce on fried chicken wings and fries from the carry out, nothing I should be currently eating.
  • hansenkh
    hansenkh Posts: 9
    Options
    Michigan: coney dogs, pasties, faygo pop, better made chips, apples, cherries :)
    Better Made pretty much sucks thought :grumble:
    Don't forget Vernors though (good when you're sick at least)

True, not a fan on Better Made - and I love Vernors but it's what my mom always gave me when I was sick, so that's the only time I ever drink it now!
  • LisaLamb1
    LisaLamb1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    We have lots of yummy wild (not farmed) salmon, even better is steelhead (hatchery, not wild since wild is endangered because it is so tasty!) They look like Salmon, but they are actually Trout that go and live in the ocean and get as big as Salmon. Yum!

And we are the home of:

SEATTLE! You also have Piroshky, Piroshky! BEST. PASTRY. EVER.

Nope - Close, I'm in Vancouver, BC
  • andrederosier
    andrederosier Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Cudahy, Wisconsin home of Patrick Cudahy Bacon. I live blocks away from it and crave BLT's every night when I get home from work. But main thing for Wisconsin is sausage (everyone has cheese). I have gone so many places and those that have a bratwurst have some gray generic hot dog looking thing that is tasteless. 3 blocks from my house is a small family shop that makes sausages all week and open to sell them Friday and Saturday. So many places though that grind own meat and stuff casings with good Brats, Polish, Italian and so many more. Yummy.

As a side note read that tailgating for concerts and sporting games rare outside of Wisconsin. I go to Miller Park and customary to get there when gates open 3 hours before game. Break out cooler full of beer, a grill to cook brats and burgers some lawn chair and have good time with friends.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Snert (pea and vegetable soup with smoked pork sausage):

snert.jpg

Fryske sûkerbôle (cinnamon and sugar loaf bread):

007.JPG

Oranjekoeke (spiced cake with almond filling, pink icing and whipped cream, pieces of fruit and chocolate):

oksnit_323_215.jpg

Krûdtsiis (cheese with cumin seeds and cloves):

nagelkaasnylander.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot Boulevard Brewery in Kansas City! Mmmmm beer.

Definitely! Boulevard Wheat is my favorite to wash down some spicy ribs!
  • cprough
    cprough Posts: 40
    Options
    The Beautiful Gulf Coast, so ...... SEAFOOD. Fish and Shrimp
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Springfield Style Cashew Chicken!

YESSSS!!!! I had this for lunch today, leftover from Sunday's dinner. I lived in Springfield, MO, for a few years, and every time I go back, I must have the cashew chicken. I finally found a recipe that tastes just like the restaurants down there.

THE BEST: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Springfield-Style-Cashew-Chicken-I/
  • AhlaWahda
    AhlaWahda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Lambsteak:
    recept.1602.460x345.jpg

Smörgåstårta:
    [img]http://komatsuforest.com/sv/LocalMedia/Högtider/Smörgåstårta_400.jpg[/img]

Pytt-i-panna:
    115402.jpg

Köttbullar & makaroner:
    imagehandler.ashx?id=4851676&height=312&width=468&quality=75

Plättar:
    ri_12981_3.jpg

Ostkaka:
    ostkaka.jpg

Do you know in which country I live?
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Albuquerque...New Mexican Restaurant on just about every corner...everyone has their own personal favorites. Food is awesome...but will cost you plenty in the calorie department. On average...if you ate an entire entree, including the complimentary chips and salsa, you're looking at roughly 1,000 - 1,300 calories...that doesn't even include the margaritas. Some examples:

Stuffed Sopaipillas

Chile Rellenos

....and so much more yummyness....

I want the Margaritas!!
  • AmberMahfouz
    Options
    Crawfish and gumbo here in cajun country!
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Maryland Crab Cakes

I tried a "Maryland" CC in Florida because I saw it as a challenge and it was AWFUL. It looked like it came out of the freezer section of a grocery store.
  • kristy_n0831
    kristy_n0831 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Anything deep-fried.
  • ExploreLoveRide
    Options
    Georgia, USA!

Black eyed peas, collards, fried chicken, potato salad, fried catfish, fried okra, BBQ, cornbread, sweet tea and sweet potato pie... The list goes on!

Our meals are extremely tasty if not diet-friendly! ;)