Want to be "the hot guy." Others with vain motivations?

Replies

• I'll admit, I would like to be "the hot one" but my biggest motivation has been health because heart disease and diabetes runs in my family. The odds are against me but I will not go down easily. :)
  • misti017
    misti017 Posts: 15
    I think you are all HOT!
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    I just joined yesterday, and I'm interested in friends and accountability buddies, no matter who you are. But it might be nice to have a few nonjudgmental partners in crime whose motivation is solely to be hotter and get more attention. Yeah, health is important to me, and of course I'm excited about improving my quality of life, but it really just comes down to being far-and-away the hottest guy in a room. Anybody else share this sentiment?

at first thats what is on your mind... but by the time you reach the point of being "the hot guy" from a physical standpoint you realize that for attracting women its about personality and confidence and if your physical appearance brings that to you then thats fine...

ultimately by the time you get a much better physique you will realize that you dont want to train to get girls anymore, you will want to train just for the sake of training and improving because you enjoy it..
  • dramallamaduck
    dramallamaduck Posts: 97 Member
    Not that I want to admit it, but I'm definitely motivated by the idea of being sexy in my underwear :bigsmile:
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Absolutely! I hate it when people say: "You look really good for a 31 year old Mommy" Why do you need to qualify that statement with "for a 31 year old Mommy"? I'm following this program so people can say "You look GREAT" PERIOD!

Yeah i totally get it. Of course we want to be healthy, of course we want to live long and learn to make good choices (all important to happiness) but when people say to me "why do you kill it at the gym every day? you look great..." there is a secret little devil voice inside my head that says "I don't want to look"great." I will not rest until my @ss is checked out by every single one of your boyfriends"... :laugh: That's a joke...don't send me hate mail.
  • CallmeFrida
    CallmeFrida Posts: 197 Member
    haha i like your thread-for the most part that's what people are in it for...i know i am! you can add me
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    I just joined yesterday, and I'm interested in friends and accountability buddies, no matter who you are. But it might be nice to have a few nonjudgmental partners in crime whose motivation is solely to be hotter and get more attention. Yeah, health is important to me, and of course I'm excited about improving my quality of life, but it really just comes down to being far-and-away the hottest guy in a room. Anybody else share this sentiment?

at first thats what is on your mind... but by the time you reach the point of being "the hot guy" from a physical standpoint you realize that for attracting women its about personality and confidence and if your physical appearance brings that to you then thats fine...

ultimately by the time you get a much better physique you will realize that you dont want to train to get girls anymore, you will want to train just for the sake of training and improving because you enjoy it..

LOL those sound like the words of a guy who's never been close to 300lbs had to approach women who would laugh and walk away. But hey, maybe they could tell a ton about my personality by the sound of my "hello." Yeah. OK.
  • VpinkLotus

Yes all this it 100% TRUE. However, think how much better about yourself you'll feel when things start to change and they all start to notice. Go get em'.
  • VpinkLotus

LOL those sound like the words of a guy who's never been close to 300lbs had to approach women who would laugh and walk away. But hey, maybe they could tell a ton about my personality by the sound of my "hello." Yeah. OK.

:-(
  • jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    I totally get this!! It hurts my feelings when people say "you're 40, wow you look good for your age!". I'm like ok, thanks. I feel vain for feeling that way, but when I tell someone they look good, I mean it, they look good. Not because of their age, or how many kids they have. Geez people ! I turn 40 in May, and I would love to be told that I look HOT. period, nothing else.
    ^^^^
    This... My wife turns 40 in August...Hot for any age!!!
  • NaCL_H20
    NaCL_H20 Posts: 24
    It will happen if you allow it to happen. Nothing radiates "hotness" than overall confidence. So as long as you keep making forward momentum you will notice changes, once you notice your work paying off pride sets in, once pride sets in your insecurities are lowered, once your insecurities are lowered you radiate confidence and that's what people will notice about you before noticing your "hot bod" I've lost 36 lbs so far just by making forward momentum. First a little walk, then a little jog, then a small run, to an average of 35 miles a month of running!
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    I'm all about vain motivations considering I started at upper normal weight
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Well heck yeah, I make a statement walking into a room anyway, but I want everyone saying "dayum!"
  • Cede242
    Cede242 Posts: 3
    most definitely! i wanna be ready for summer. of course we all want to be healthy but looking fit and good makes me feel good
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member

lol i was once overweight too maybe not 300lbs..but i know guys over 300lbs who get laid cuz they have confidence, yeh i know it blows my mind too..
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    I want to be a sexy looking mama and be healthy. Priority is being healthy, then working on my looks as I go. We have a beautiful boat (profile pic) and go to many hot boat events all over Michigan, so of coarse I want to look as hot as our boat is. It'll be a bounus for all the lookers, they'll see a hot boat and a hot chic getting out of it. :bigsmile: Feel free to add me, any of you!!!
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    I'm so over people thinking looks being motivation is vain or shallow. Appearance is a huge part of your identity, and in and of itself is really meaningful. Or at least as meaningful as anything else.

I can't say my motivation for fitness is feeling attractive, but that's only because I'm pretty damn hot and have an equally hot husband already. ;D
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    careful what you wish for.... people with this mentality often reach their goals and they don't get the social response they expected and they end up putting all the weight back on...

a 6 pack doesnt make you witty and funny..... traps like peaks dont = game

first and foremost.. do it because its who you want to be

So true but still it helps to have a goal xx
  • I'll admit...ME TOO! lol
  • cidalia73
    cidalia73 Posts: 107 Member
    That's certainly part of the motivation. I've been hot before and would like to look hot again. In that respect, I am going to log off and get in a workout before I have to leave for work! :)