How many calories do you eat a day?

Options

Replies

• HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I aim for my TDEE less 20%, that's the only way I am able to lose weight. I listen to my body, a few days this week I worked out really hard and was famished, so I ate at around or even over my TDEE, but I'm still losing each week and I'm eating over 2000 calories most days. When I first started trying to lose weight, I tried the 1200 calories a day thing. My weight loss stalled and I was really weak. (I know some people who swear by the 1200 calorie rule, so I'm no knocking it, just doesn't work for me.)
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    oh lordy....does anybody search anything before asking a question these days?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Maintaining at 1800 when I work out... If I'm trying to lose weight, I net 1300-1400.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I hit about 2500 a day
  • Schmidty102
    Schmidty102 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1800 and 2300 calories a day depending on my exercise.
  • bettebadass
    Options
    Currently I am eating 800 calories a day on non active days and 1000-1200 on active days (eg. gym days which is about 4-5 days a week). And before you all jump on the not healthy to eat so few calories, I have been doing so for almost two years with doctor approval and supervisions. I'm not dead nor do I have any damage to my internal organs or anything people try and frighten you with. I am actually the healthiest I have been in years and have lost over 100lbs so far!
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I eat between 2000-2400 a day....
  • everythings_rosie
    everythings_rosie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think I have my answer now.....Everyone is different and you must do what is right for yourself and lifestyle. Thanks for most of your comments.
  • everythings_rosie
    everythings_rosie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Currently I am eating 800 calories a day on non active days and 1000-1200 on active days (eg. gym days which is about 4-5 days a week). And before you all jump on the not healthy to eat so few calories, I have been doing so for almost two years with doctor approval and supervisions. I'm not dead nor do I have any damage to my internal organs or anything people try and frighten you with. I am actually the healthiest I have been in years and have lost over 100lbs so far!

Good for you my lovely :)
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    1200-1500
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Oh no. Here we go again.

:drinker:
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    3500 - 4000 to net 2000 ish ... i use MFP to track my food not as a weight loss tool
  • monizjm
    monizjm Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Calorie intake is roughly between 1,100 - 1,300. I also do 45 minutes of cardio, which burns anywhere between 250 - 500 calories, depending on what I do and how intense the workout is. I'm 5ft 2in and a 200 pounder. I got a lot of weight to lose, but I won't go killing myself on the calorie count like I did before. Good luck on your diet plan. Hopefully it works for you. If you aren't as hungry, don't push yourself, but add in some healthy snacks just to keep up with the nutrients. Always a plus side to keep your immune system strong and mind healthy.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    1500-2000 depends on how active I am throughout the day. I actually care about my metabolism. :-)
    let me guess..worried about starvation mode ??? LOL
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I am trying to average between 1400-1500 currently. My TDEE is 1700 so this is a 15-20% cut. These would be net calories, however I'm not exercising again until my school is over next month.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I try to NET over 1200 a day. Doesn't always work out since I go HAM on my workouts ;)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I net 1450 and I work out 6 days per week, so I really eat about 1700-1800 cals daily. Just surpassed my goal.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1700 per day to help me lose some weight and help keep my blood sugars in check. I'm a type 2 diabetic.
  • Schmidty102
    Schmidty102 Posts: 168 Member
    Options

keywords: doctor approval and supervisions
  • pinky68abc
    Options
    I'm 5 2" and I never go over 1200. I am not starving and yes I am losing. I've never been a big eater, I was just eating the wrong food.