How many calories do you eat a day?

Options

Replies

• lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I eat anywhere from 1200 to 1600 calories per day depedning on how I feel.

This! I try to never eat under 1200 or eat over 2000. I exercise most days so It closer to 1400-1600 average! This is to maintain. I am 5ft 6in. but I am a little older ... I found I have to eat a little less and exercise a little more to not gain weight.
  • cherchechristine
    cherchechristine Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    too many these last few weeks b/c the scale has not budged. But, on a good week, I am aiming for 1200-1300. I am 5'7". I find I tend to underestimate my in-take and hence, the lack of movement on the scale. :blushing:
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    2450-2650 total. I net around 1900 or so. I can't imagine eating that little! I would be miserable to be around!

Love that you used the work Net. Most people talk about 1200 calories is too little, I can't eat 1200 calories, or I am doing just fine on 1200 calories but they never are specific about Net or Gross and they are two separate things. If everyone would explain Net or Gross you we would at least know what we are actually agreeing or disagreeing with. :flowerforyou:
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    1500, which is my TDEE including calorie deficit, NOT including exercise (because I like to work harder to eat those calories back).

I'm 5'7" ~140 lbs.
  • shlyhe1999
    Options
    I have been eating app. 700 to 900 day. Not hungry. I dont skip meals. Have snacks, Eat 3 times a day. Watching my sugar content.
  • dawnopfer
    Options
    2100 on average. I'm 505, post hysto, and 45 years. I aim for the 2100 range if I exercise or not - exercise calories are not included in my daily count.
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I must be a PIG!!! :bigsmile: I eat 1600 ish and i'm 5'2" ....... I'd be a dead PIG at 1100! HA!
  • beth69tx
    beth69tx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and my starting weight was 165.4 lbs. I am eating 1200 calories per day and am losing an average of 1.5 lbs per week.
  • Grognit
    Grognit Posts: 50
    Options
    5'3" and I eat 1600 which is my tdee minus 15% and includes my activity level.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Weight loss = 1600-1800
    Maintenance = 2000+
  • jalloggio
    jalloggio Posts: 141
    Options
    I might see how I do this week on 1100 and exercising. I tend to have a high protein dinner after exercising. With this app it actually amazing how much you can eat for 1100 calories, and how much crap some foods have in them. Love seeing the carbs, protein, sodium etc levels.

1100 calories before exercise is going to eff up your metabolism. .

Just sayin
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    73.6 /day. I do not eat back my exercise calories.
  • wirthit612
    wirthit612 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, currently 149 (I've lost 14 so far) I was eating 1440 a day (Monday-Friday) with 5 days of exercising, sometimes two X a day, I was losing half a pound a week, so I up'd my goal and recalibrated my new weight, so now I'm eating 1200 and still exercising like crazy. The last two week's I've lost 2+ pounds each week. Much better results with 1200. I get the "you are eating too few calories" a lot. Once you get to your goal, I will resume with 1440 calories a day. But I want to reach my goal and I've been at it since January 7. I'm not starving at all, I've switch to all veggies & protein (chicken or fish) and have cut out alcohol until I lost these last 5. Almost there!!!
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    5'3''

2000 a day to lose
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, currently 149 (I've lost 14 so far) I was eating 1440 a day (Monday-Friday) with 5 days of exercising, sometimes two X a day, I was losing half a pound a week, so I up'd my goal and recalibrated my new weight, so now I'm eating 1200 and still exercising like crazy. The last two week's I've lost 2+ pounds each week. Much better results with 1200. I get the "you are eating too few calories" a lot. Once you get to your goal, I will resume with 1440 calories a day. But I want to reach my goal and I've been at it since January 7. I'm not starving at all, I've switch to all veggies & protein (chicken or fish) and have cut out alcohol until I lost these last 5. Almost there!!!
    Huh. I started out losing a pound and a half a week, so I upped my calories to slow it down to half a pound a week. I consider that much better results!
  • rachiriot
    rachiriot Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I net around 1200 calories. I used to struggle to stay under 2000 before I started being serious with the weight loss, now I'm eating more vegetables and more chicken and less crisps/red meat etc and I make it to the end of the day, I'm usually at around 1200 calories and I'm not hungry! :) I'm 5ft2 :)
  • vienna26
    vienna26 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I eat 1600 a day and try net at least my bmr around 1300 when i workout
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I have MFP set to 1lb/week and "lightly active", but count my walking at work as exercise (from a pedometer) and eat it back, so I usually net about 1400 or have 1600-1800 total.

I've been losing at 2lb/week, though, so maybe I've underestimated my activity level...
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Im only 5ft 3". I take it this subject has come up a few times in the past. Im new to all this, only my second week, and was quite impressed with the weight loss and the amount of energy I still had come the end of the day. Im starting to incorporate exercise this week, so will probably add a few more hundred calories. Do you stick to that 7 days a week, or allow yourself one day off a week? :)

I'm 5'2", and I aim for 1400 net calories a day. Some days it's 1100 or 1200, some days it's 1500 or 1600.

I'm 5'4; intake is usually around 2100+, with a net of 1400ish. Sometimes more, but not more that 100 cals less, which I always compensate for on another day. Last Friday I weighed in at 176.8lbs. I have recently been allowing my rest day to be a TDEE day.
  • bogigirl16
    Options
    I eat any where between 900 and 1200 a day. I'm 5'11" and am pretty thin, but I find that's all I need in a day. I'm not hungry, but when I am hungry I will eat more. I listen to the needs of my body and eat everything in moderation. I eat a lot of protein throughout the day as well. Very lean protein.