Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Senior Golden Sneakers ~~~~May~~~~ just for you Marie!!

Replies

• jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Hi All!

I am smiling! I just posted a new weight! I now have a normal BMI! body fat percentage is down to 11%! I am ready for my Colts tryout!

It has been a journey, so many days and weeks I did not think it possible! Everyone here has made it possible for me! I thank you all from the very bottom of my heart! ( and my resting heart rate is now down to 47 beats per min!) LOL

Marie, Sandy and Barbie, I think that we are the 3 originals on this post. Special thanks to you! And Elli, just where in the heck are you?

Humbly thanking everyone!

Jeffrey
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    :flowerforyou: Jeffrey, congratulations on your weight loss----how about changing your goal so the little marker doesn't fall off the page:laugh:

:flowerforyou: Birdie, that's great advice from Jeffrey about how to avoid stress eating......you can do it.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I planted sunflower, pumpkin, and marigold seeds in pots then put the pots in an area with a small picket fence around it (to keep the cats out) and bird netting over the top (to keep the birds from eating the seeds).......We're having a raised bed built in a few weeks, then I'll transplant them into the new bed......I took a picture and I'll try to post it tomorrow.
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: more tomorrow :heart: :heart: Barbie
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    WTG Jeffrey!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Barb
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,257 Member
    This song goes out to Jeffrey!! "YOU ARE THE CHAMPION" LA LA LA LA Can you believe you that were almost 300 pounds and now your body weight is 11%??? You are THE MAN!!! For the hundred time I will ask if you have a before picture of yourself so we can see the great difference, like in the biggest loser. PLEASE.

Birdie, I know you can do it, listen to Jeff!!! Most of us go through what you are going through, but no matter how long it takes, with the support of this group we will all reach our goal. It isn't only for our own pride but for our health. Keep checking in, if only for moral support. :heart:

Barbie, you confused me for sec when you said you were building a raised bed, I thought you meant for your house, until you said you were transplanting the plants. :laugh: :laugh:

Daisy is home and has been sleeping since her return. Her surgery went well with no complications. We couldn't bear to leave her over night so our doctor said she could come home. Glad that is over with, will be happy when the stitches are out and we can go to the dog park. :bigsmile:

It is late and I am tired.:yawn:

Good night,
    Sandy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Ladies if you go to one of Jeffrey post and click on his number of posts it will take you to his post for for the past of almost 2 years and read his amazing story. I have a son almost his age and have always thought of him as son.And I am mighty proud of him.

Congratuation Jeffrey on your amazing journey.
    I am proud of all of you What a wonderful family you all have become. I hope you all stay together when I can no longer see to type I expect to be around a long time yet But I know I will be slowing down as the time go flying by.But I will enjoy reading your post as long as I can. I can tell My eyes are fadin moreand more each day. I love each and everyone of you. You perk me up Thanks. Ok thats enought of that let just enjoy the present.

I got my embroidary machine fix. I t was my hoop. The girl held it down till i t got started and now it is embrodidary as sharp as ever.So I have order a new hoop. They hept telling me it was working just fine but they was not using my hoops So I spent the day at the sewing machine place and took eveerythingI used there and stay till someone had time to check it out using my
    hoops,.I am so happy now.
    I miss my PT yesterday but she called and will be out today.

Sandy take good care of Dasiy I know you will.Glad she came home last night.

birdie just hange in there. You have came a long way, my friend. Don't give up the ship.

Elli hope you get to join us again soon. missed you.
    Beth Are you all Pack. and ready to come to Texas.
    I checkmy Dryers tripple chocolate ice cream out last night and the sodium is real low ao ocassionally I can have a 1/2 c. It has been in my freezer a long timebut have not got into it yet

Sounds like Barbie is planting a farm around her house. Thats good thats good nothing like fresh veggies out of the garden.

It got so hot her in the house Jerry broke down and crank up the A/C He is washing all the windows outside today.Been a projet he has planned on doing for a couple years/

My weight is at a stand still now. But I am not giving up yet.

See you later my wonderful friends.
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Goodmorning all! :flowerforyou: Thank you for your support...again.:ohwell: ...and advice. :heart:
    Jeffrey, first of all, congratulations on the weight loss!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I agree with Sandy and would love to see a "before" picture, as all we have to look at is the new handsome and healthy YOU!!!:wink:
    Your advice is very true!:smile: In fact, I got on the treadmill when I got home and stayed on it for an hour letting go of stress.:bigsmile: I did so well that I had enough calories to have a glass of wine (not whyne) :blushing: with my husband later, and felt very good about my choices. :bigsmile: You are all very wise and your support is sooo important. I hope I can have some good words for you all when you're down.:love:
    Marie, so glad you got the machine fixed.:happy: It's so important to be able to do the activities we enjoy as it takes our mind off food...and other things.
    BTW Sandy, I think daisy is adorable with the new haircut!:happy:
    Sending hugs to all....have a great day! If I get any good news about my daughter's (potential) house...I'll let you know!
    BirdieM:heart:
  • jeffrey71
    Good Morning Everyone!

Marie I am glad your machine is back up and going for you! Don't worry about the other stuff, you will be fine!

Question for the group: How many of you have web cams? Let's talk about that!

Sandy and Birdie! I used to be really camera shy. I did not want my picture taken. I will see what I can find from a few years back and ty to scan something in for your edification! I am going to do some training pics before long and I will post them. Nothing like an old sweaty guy in spandex to get you off of the computer and doing something worthwhile! ROFLMAO

I just got done with my morning job search activities. I have been working on my race bike for a bit and now seem to have all of it's issues under control. Probably go for a test spin soon. Today I have also planted some bulbs I forgot I had and a new Azeala that we got in honor of Samantha's birthday (the 27th) that is upcoming. I went out and checked my garden and it is still too wet to work in, maybe tomorrow. I am kind of looking for a race to do on Saturday but nothing has grabbed my attention as of yet. Outside of all that I just plan another workout day. Same ole, same ole! I have got to plan supper too, forgot about that! Any suggestions?

Take care everyone!

Jeffrey
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Hi everyone! Rain, rain go away. The forecast is for rain to continue into the middle of next week!!! That is too much cloud for me. There is also a threat of frost or snow tonight. I am glad I didn't get my flowers transplanted. I guess they will wait until next week. I am going to transplant my tomatoes, peppers and some herbs into some pots that I will put outside if it ever gets nice enough. We did our usual Monday run today as yesterday was a holiday. We went to the restaurant where my son is the chef and I had a bowl of soup and my favorite, Salmon Wrap. It is so delicious. We are all eating much lighter so hope we will all drop a few pounds. Dave seems to have injured his back today although doesn't know how. He is in a great deal of pain. Hopefully it will subside soon. I met with my dil yesterday and mostly let her talk and answer a few of my questions. I still don't understand her but who am I to understand. I wanted to be positive but I really wear my heart on my sleeve and could not find a smile to share. She cried and I wanted to give her a hug but I didn't, I think I was protecting myself from my own tears. I may have already told you this but it still weighs heavy on my mind. Hmm, makes me sound like a cold fish but I am really not. How do you judge being loyal to one and caring about the other.

Marie -- Sad to hear that you find your vision is decreasing so noticeably. I hope your eye doc. can help you slow that down a bit. So glad the embroidery machine is fixed. I know it gives you a lot of pleasure.

Jeffrey -- Way to go!! You are so inspiring. I am so hopeful for you to find a job. What is wrong with these employers???

Birdie -- I empathize with you about the family problems, different problems, same stress. Good for you for working them out on the bike.

Sandy -- so glad Daisy got home last night. I hope she is recuperating well.

Take care everyone and keep smiling. Oh yeah, Day 8 for Neil and happiness continues. Gayla :heart:
  • jeffrey71
    Good Evening All!

Well I finally did it. I worked out to exhaustion! I just had no more left at all! I have been trying to find this place in my head and body for about 2 months, I found it and it brought a smile to me on the inside! No pain anywhere, just no gas left! LOL

I believe I am triathlon ready. I am fit and healthy. Now I need the next goal! Why don't you all chip in with ideas for the next challenge. I am starting to think about a 1/2 Marathon along with the triathlons. I need challenges, just my make up!

Gayla I would love to know how to make a good salmon wrap. Could you assist me?

Hang tough Birdie!

Marie, I have you in my prayers daily!

Jeffrey
  • jeffrey71
    And! Another new weight today! LOL I must have broken through something!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    :flowerforyou: My new picture is my temporary seed garden........I planted pumpkin, marigold, and sunflower seeds in little pots, then put the little pots on the ground in a flower bed that has California poppies that are already growing and some dahlia bulbs that will come up in the summer. I put Sluggo (the safe for animals snail and slug bait) in and around the pots to keep them safe from slugs.....I put picket fence edging around the section (to keep the cats out) and bird netting over the top to keep the birds out. In a few weeks we'll have a fancy raised bed built in another location.......I hope by then that the seeds will have sprouted safely and when they're big enough I'll transplant them into the raised bed.....Jake cut the grass today and spent part of the afternoon fighting with aphids and spiders that have been attacking his roses.

:flowerforyou: Jeffrey, I hope you'll follow through and post a "before" picture of yourself.......we all want to see it.........what about a century bike ride.....a man I know who's in his sixties just did that....you need another weight loss goal, too, the marker is falling off the page.

:flowerforyou: Sandy, I'm not at all surprised that you picked Daisy up early.....the was an Old English Sheepdog at the dog park and I thought about you and Daisy......her fur was longer, but it's a lot colder here right now.

:flowerforyou: marie, I'm sorry to hear that your vision is failing......I hope the doctors can find something to slow things down....how will that affect your embroidery tasks?

:flowerforyou: Gayla, it's so much better to stay on the right eating path when the rest of the family is doing the same thing...the salmon wrap sounds yummy

:flowerforyou: Birdie, good for you using exercise to fight off stress.....that makes you a double winner....burn more calories have less stress.:bigsmile:

hugs to all:heart: Barbie
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Barbie,

I have this image in my mind of Jake in hand to hand combat with aphids and spiders.:noway: :laugh: Hey I just thought of something--maybe he should recruit "Spiderman" to help him!!!:laugh: :laugh: Sorry, I guess I am a little rummy from too much studying today!!

Congrats, Jeffrey, and I agree you ned to adjust your weight loss ticker before you disappear completely!!

Barb
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Jeffrey -- I wish I knew how to make the wrap then I wouldn't have to go to the restaurant (hahaha). Seriously, it isn't the greatest weight loss food as it is a candied smoked salmon. It has a very slight sweet taste to it but otherwise just excellent smoked salmon. Quinn said that they use 2 oz. of salmon in a wrap which is ample for me. I guess it is hugely expensive and for that reason he is going to not have it on his new menu. :cry: Back to the wrap -- it also has a couple of slices of avocado and lots of greens. There is a very little bit of some kind of dressing and not sure what it is, any dressing you like would do. I may try it at home with leftover baked salmon, I think it would be almost as good. I really like wraps of any kind, Neil's favorite is peanut butter and banana.

Good night my friends, hope you are sleeping soundly. Gayla :heart:
  • jeffrey71
    111425.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • CALIECAT
    And! Another new weight today! LOL I must have broken through something!

Hey dear friend are you going for 100 lb lost./y ou have came a long way since I have met you. You had a good startwhen you join here.
  • jeffrey71
    111425.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • CALIECAT
    Good morning all.

barbiecat-- I have ana automatic threader on my machine . I put a disk into it push a button and it embrodidsry till it is thu with that coloer then i go and put another thread on ans so on till it is done, LOve it.
    I see my little tailess Squirrell out in the yard. HE is so cute he looks like a little bunnny hopping aroundThis is about the third year he has been around. he doesn't haave much to do with the others. kind of a loner. Or the others don't have anthing to do with him.

Well I better go hop omn the shower this is ggrocer shopping day. i will be looking over the spices real good.
  • BirdieM
    I'm at work, so just checking in! Today I got weighed, and I stayed the same. Again, I'll take it as I had gotten a little bit sloppy last week.
    Have a good day all!!
    BirdieM:heart:
    Don't fade away Jeffrey!!!:noway:
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,257 Member
    Jeffrey, are seriously at 178? How tall are you bud?? I know you are an athletic but exactly how much more weight are you wanting to lose? Your home town should write and article about you because it is an amazing story and amazing finish. :heart:
    As a worrisome friend you do check in with your doctor before all these races don't you? BTW I do have a web cam on my monitor, I have video calls with my son in Portland almost every Sunday.

Gayla, the salmon wrap does sound good but I am too lazy to try and make one. :laugh: How great that Neil is still "behaving", you must have said something that registered with him. :flowerforyou: I can't believe you are still talking about snow, you must live very far North. I hope some of our hot weather goes your way, so you can get things planted.

Birdie, no gain is a win win situation, you are close to your goal, how many more pounds before you reach it?

Marie, your machine sounds like something even I could handle, anything automatic is my cup of tea. I used to sew when I was very young, even made my mom a couple of outfits, but I don't do that anymore. I am a computer person, I love to do all sort of things on the computer, such as websites or DVD's. We all have our hobbies. :tongue:

Beth, thinking of you and hope you have a great time at your son's graduation. :heart:

Daisy is doing well, but we do have one problem, she hasn't peed since yesterday and that was in the early evening. She did do her business Tuesday so I know things are working, but I am getting concerned about her being dehydrated. It might burn her to pee but even so, how long can she hold it? If nothing happens by this afternoon I will call the doctor to make sure there is no problem. Sorry to be so descriptive but you are my friends and we talk about almost everything. :laugh: (right Gayla)

It is another hot day and I may try another hour of sunning but now that I am "older" it is harder to sit in the sun without a pool.
    Hopefully, our pools will be open after Memorial Day and I can sit in the water while enjoying some sun. :blushing:
    Better get moving and do some exercise, have some errands to run today.

Have a good Wednesday,
    Sandy
  • BirdieM
    Sandy, I go by the BMI range, so I'd have to lose another 7 lbs to be in the normal zone. I FEEL good but I still have a gut!:laugh: Not a big one, but enough for me to want to lose it.:ohwell:
    As far as going out in the sun...beware of those damaging rays that age your skin!!! I love getting a tan but I don't want to get more wrinkled any sooner than I have to :laugh: :laugh:
    Have a great day!
    BirdieM:bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.