Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Senior Golden Sneakers ~~~~May~~~~ just for you Marie!!

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Congrats Barb on your high score. I wish you the best in you new adventure.
    Your menu sounds devine too. I found some a new product called Also Salt. It really tasted like the real stuff and no sodium. I have only used it once. But will used it on my oatmeal in the morning. ai can't get used to eating oatmeal without salt. About the only thing tho.

Enjoy your meal. Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    :flowerforyou: Barb, I knew you would do well on your test. The rain continued here all day......I kept hoping I could get to the dog park, but it never stopped raining.

:flowerforyou: Marie, the life alert sounds like a great idea.......my mom had one and it helped her one evening when she slipped off the edge of her bed and couldn't get to her feet.

:flowerforyou: Jake made shish-kebabs for lunch today (chicken, peppers, tomatoes, and onions).....we wanted to do them on the grill but the rain changed our plans and we used the broiler in the oven instead.......I put a little bit of peanut sauce on my chicken (not too much because the sodium is high)

tomorrow the landscape lady comes to give us an estimate on the raised bed we want in the back yard (it's a pretty big project, more than we can do ourselves because it involves a stone retaining wall to match the wall along the side of the house)......I hope it won't be too expensive.
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    Babiecat you raised garden bed sounds great. What do you plan on planting in i

Jerry is out watering our little garden getting it ready for a hot afternoon. surpose to get up to 95 yeaterday it reach 96 I think we are in for a long hot summer.

Tomorrow I start colecting my unine for 24 hrs. Be no running around for me.tomorrowI sart at 7 AM in the morning till 7 Am tues morning. for a check on my kidney to see what the damage it done with that dye they used on me in the hospital.

Everyone have a nice holiday week end.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,257 Member
    Busy day today and I have to get ready for a graduation party but wanted to check and say hi!!

Will try to post more tomorrow.

Sandy
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Hi everyone. Yup, rainy again and getting a bit tired of it. My back hurts and so does my head!! I did get some of my bedding plants transplanted into large pots and have them in the house in front of a south window so that if the sun ever shows through the clouds the plants will like it. Eventually, when they stop talking snow I will move them to the deck. I haven't even dug up my garden beds. What a Spring! Send some of your heat this way, Marie!!

Have a good weekend. Keep smiling. Gayla :ohwell:
  • barbiecat
    :flowerforyou: It's rainy here, too, and we're tired of it.......my sunflower, pumpkin, and marigold seeds think it's cold, too, and they haven't begun to sprout

:flowerforyou: we got the estimate of the cost for the raised bed and agreed to the price.....she won't be able to start for at least two weeks and maybe more, but better late than never

:flowerforyou: one more day of not going to the dog park......Jake walked the girls on the hill three times but it's not the same as being off leash at the park
    :drinker: :heart: :yawn:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Hi All,

Went to dinner tonight w/my good friend Rosemary, to celebrate the completion of my ins license training. She just finished her exam about two weeks ago and has her license & is just beginning. I will pick up my license on Tuesday when I drive to our state capitol to turn in my paperwork and fingerprints.

We went to a seafood restaurant and I had steamer clams, a salad, green beans, baby red potatoes, and only 1 small piece of their wonderful sourdough bread. We had "dessert" at Starbucks. I had decaf coffee w/ a shot of sugar free caramel, and a little shot of whipped cream.

Later at her house, was watching the tv news, to find the weatherman lied yet again about it being nice tomorrow.:angry: RAIN, RAIN, Go AWAY!!!!:grumble: It is now officially the coolest May we have had since 1991. Ironically, that was also a year when we had very little rain and ended up in a drought. There appears to be no danger of a water shortage this time around.

There was another story that just goes to show you "sugar is bad for your health." It seems a woman was driving on a state highway in a very picturesque part of Oregon, alongside a river. She had a cup of coffee in which she was trying to add sugar while driving. She ended up swerving, over-correcting, and going 40 feet down an embankment and into the river!!!:noway: Fortunately, her seatbelt was on, and she was not under water, so except for minor injuries, she was ok when rescued.
    Here is a link to the story with a picture of her SUV in the drink!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

EDIT: ok, so how about puttin in the link? :blushing:
    http://www.ktvz.com/news/23735156/detail.html

Good night all.

Barb
  • CALIECAT
    can't beleveyou gals are gettin all the rain. Jerry is out watering now.But this is typically for summer. here in Texas.Gonna be another hot one too.

The A/C is getting a work out
    Beth how is Texas? Had that icecream yet????
    Gotta go eat breakfast Love Marie
  • CALIECAT
    can't beleveyou gals are gettin all the rain. Jerry is out watering now.But this is typically for summer. here in Texas.Gonna be another hot one too.

The A/C is getting a work out
    Beth how is Texas? Had that icecream yet????
    Gotta go eat breakfast Love Marie
  • Sandydur
    Hot day here today, in the 90's with lots of humidity. :glasses: Tomorrow we might have showers but I hope not until after our town's Memorial Day Parade. It is a nice event with a parade through town and ends up at our Memorial Park with a service to our Vets, with some hot dogs and treats for the kids. :flowerforyou:

The graduation party was a success, my son was the DJ and did a great job!! I hope he gets some extra jobs from this one, to help with a little side money. :tongue: All they had there was Mexican food which I really don't care for so I didn't eat much. I did have some wine though and when I got home I had a couple of pieces of leftover chicken. :drinker: The weekends are killers for me with food and exercise but my weight is going down slowly. I may be posting a new weight loss if it remains through this weekend. :wink: I do hope to exercise today since I have a free day with nothing to do. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Have a great Sunday!!

Sandy
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Good morning.

Not raining, "at the moment" but it is expected. The one good bit of weather news for me is that the only day this week, after tomorrow, that it isn't supposed to be pouring, is Tuesday, and that is the day I have my 200 mile round trip to Olympia to pick up my insurance license.

Doggies are snoozing, and I should be getting ready to leave for church in another 40 minutes, but as you can see......:blushing: well, I will get to that in a moment.

Glad SOMEBODY is getting hot weather. They are now saying this is the coldest May in 20 years, and that we will be the third wettest since they started keeping records.

Have a good Sunday, all.

EDIT, against my better judgment I weighed this morning. I KNEW the broth in those steamer clams had too much sodium in it, and it is letting me know today:cry::cry: Hopefully things will head in the right direction tomorrow.

Barb
  • CALIECAT
    Yeah barb it is surpose to get to 104 next Saturday. We are in for a hot one.
  • CALIECAT
    Gayla-

How many points do you get on WW.
    I FOUND ONe OF MY POINT FINDER SLide AND THOUGHT i WOULD JUST SEE HOW MANY POINTS i AM EATING

ai know that kay counts a point for every 50 caloeies and she has really kept it off all thses years.

Marie
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Just a quick hello! Happy memorial Day weekend to all!:flowerforyou:
    A grateful heart for all who have died serving this country!!! True heroes/heroins!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Having a hot day in RI and should stay very sunny!:bigsmile: Will read the post when I get some time. Just thinking of you all!:love:
    Well, hubby's coming so have to go!

BirdieM:heart::heart:
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Hi everyone. It is cloudy with a bit of sun shinging through. I planted my tomatoes and some herbs in some pots and they must like it because I swear they have grown every time I look at them. I do want to put some cherry tomatoes in my garden beds and if the forecast is correct I should be able to do that by Wed. when it is supposed to stay above freezing during the night.
    I need to make a run to the store to see if I can get what I need for the cake. I would like to make it tonight and then ice it tomorrow. We will make our shopping trip into the city tomorrow but it will be rushed to get the cake done and the dinner as well. If it isn't raining I will finish the ribs on the BBQ (I mean by that, the boys will).

I have joined a challenge on Recipezaar and it has been a bit hard to find recipes that fit WW but not impossible. It is a World Tour in food which I do every year. We eat things that we otherwise likely would not try and I enjoy that.

Marie -- I get 23 points a day plus you can get a couple more points for exercise. So far I haven't been feeling hungry but I try to eat a lot of filling foods. Kay really is a good example of WW success.

Must run. Take care. Gayla :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    ou arenot doing bad yourself/ Is dave on this with you?
    good luck on your challenge.

- Marie
  • barbiecat
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I had to finally stop blaming the rain and acknowledge the truth about why I hadn't take the dogs to the dog park
    it was my shoes :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I took the dogs all winter in colder and wetter weather.....only glare ice and a downpour stopped me so why wouldn't I got in a little mist? I wanted to wear my Shape Ups and not the heavy water resistant shoes that weren't as much fun to walk in.......so having gotten to the truth, the girls and I set off this morning and had a great time
    none too soon because later it started to rain again....the rain started about five minutes after Jake said it might be a good day to cut the grass.

:flowerforyou: Marie, enjoy your hot weather
    my seeds would love some of that heat to help them grow.

:flowerforyou: Birdie, enjoy your sunshine

:flowerforyou: Gayla, good luck finding the balance between WW and great recipes.....I know you can do it

:flowerforyou: Sandy, your local Memorial Day parade sounds great.......my problem with Mexican food is that I love it and it's all so high in calories and fat.

:flowerforyou: Today is our cleanse day so we're taking it easy and doing a few chores but mostly watching TV (the Mariners lost in the bottom of the ninth inning) and watching DVD movies.......we did yoga again this morning.....we're sticking to the same workout every morning so we can get comfortable with it before learning something new.

:flowerforyou: I, too, am grateful to those who gave their lives in the pursuit of freedom.
  • CALIECAT
    hey send some of that rain down here LOL. Jerry is out watering again. It got up to 99 yesteray, yep summer is here.

yep yep I lost 2 lbs this morning. Down to 187 the lowest I have been all year. I am getting closer to the the middle of my avatar. 5 lbs to go. i counted my WW pts yesterday it ended up with 24 pts. I ate What i usally eat but just counted pts. Even had a chocolate cup cake with no icing.

We are not cooking today.

What kind of cake are you making Gayla? For the birthday girl. How are you going to handle that? I remember the fiber one muffins for 1 pts. think I will try to find the recipe I think it is on lighten up but I done lost the web site. I guess Thye lost it when I had this Pc in the shopped. Gayla do you still have it.?

Hope you all have a wonder day

:flowerforyou:MArie
  • Sandydur
    american-flag-2a.jpg

Thank you for all those serving and for those who lost their lives protecting us.

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!
  • barbiecat
    Sandy, thanks for a visual portrayal of what we are thinking.
This discussion has been closed.