Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Senior Golden Sneakers ~~~~May~~~~ just for you Marie!!

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Hi I aM GETTING SETTLE DOWN TO WATCH AMERICAN iDLE AND WILL BE ROOTING FOR LEE.tO MAKE SANDY AND GAYLA HAPPY. bUT i REALLY LIKE HIM THE BEST. SAMMY AND i HAD A SHORT WALK AFTER DINNER. MY COMPUTOR HAS BEEN A pAIN IN THE NECK TOO. i WOULD LIKE TO GET A lAP TOP BUT DON'T THINK THEY WOULD LET ME USED A FLOPPY DISH TO GET AN EMBROIDAARY DESIGN COPY . SO THAT WOULD NOT WORK FOR ME.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    :drinker: We got home about one o'clock......it would have been earlier but we got caught in a traffic slowdown for over an hour on the freeway because of a crash about ten miles ahead of where we got slowed down. We went right out and had lunch at our favorite restaurant (the one with the chicken curry that I love), then we went to the nursery and bought some plants and seeds, then got our mail at the post office, bought groceries and came home and unloaded the car. We don't pick up the pets until tomorrow.......we could have gotten them today but Jake wanted time to sweep, mop, and wax the floors with no animals underfoot.....it should be all done in time to watch the "Dancing with the Stars" results show at 8 PM

:flowerforyou: Gayla, you have the child raising challenge that never ends.......I hope that through some prayer and meditation you will find the answers that you need to make life the best for Neil and for you and your husband.....I am thinking positive thoughts for you.

hugs:heart: Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    O will tty to try to remember to change our momth tonight. This month has really flew by. Where did it go. I am having a little rpoblems with My PT and nurse. Seems like they want to come out as I am fixing supper. They called at 4:30 yeserday to see if they could come out.And I was right in the mist of cooking.And I don't see that it is helping me any. Just wiggle my toes a litttle. Sammie is a better PT than they are. He makes me go walking.This has happen before. So I shall have a talk with them the next time they come at a decent hour. Which she is surpose to be her today at 2:30. We will see. Enought of my venting. time for breakfast.

Have a great day.
    Marie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,257 Member
    Marie, we love you dearly and we know time is flying by, but it is only May 19th today so we have another week or so before June 1st. It just seems like the end of May. but you don't have to change our month quite yet. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: I think that nurse and PT are upsetting you, so you really should talk to them or their superiors. :heart: :heart:

Wednesday bingo night, but first some exercise and then we are planting some flowers. It is a gorgeous day here and I want to be outside as much as possible. :bigsmile:

Will check it later.

Sandy
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Greetings all! :happy: Today I weighed myself and stayed the same. That's good as I've had a few days I went over my calories, a couple of hundred calories, a couple time this week.:ohwell:
    I laughed last night when I went out to eat at this very expensive restaurant on the waterfront. It was a beautiful restaurant! (My church treats all the volunteer teachers once a year to a special night out.) Well...I had planned on a baked potato, scallops, salad a glass of wine and even counted in a Tab of butter & 1/4 cup of bread crumbs (Not knowing how the fish would be prepared) and exercised 400 calories to cover myself. :bigsmile: I could NOT believe how LITTLE I had to eat!!!:noway: I ordered the scallops and it was $26 for 5 scallops....NO potato...NO salad...NO nothing!! I came home starved and had to have something to eat before I went to bed!!! Yikes! Can you believe it???!!! They paid over $35 for me to have 5 scallops and a glass of wine! Unbelievable! I appreciated their gesture, but that's ridiculous! The woman next to me ordered Fish & Chips and had tons of it! I guess when you try to eat healthy....you pay for it:laugh: .....literally!!!:laugh:
    Hope everyone has a great day!
    BirdieM:heart:
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Good Afternoon All!

Birdie that food sounds great! And I am hungry! LOL

Just got back from my swim. 1,900 yards today just a little short of 1.25 miles. I am getting stronger with the swim so I am a little encouraged today. I am planning on biking a little today and lot tomorrow. I am also planning on running today. It will my last road run until the race on Saturday. If I have the time I will probably do yoga too.

Not too much else to report. I worked on Sam's car and put a new gas tank door release thing on it. That saved $150 at the Chevy dealer! It took about 10 minutes! I am only going to charge Sam $100! Don't you think that is fair? I will probably have to loan her the money to pay me! LOL Not really, she has more than I do!

The cats all got thier daily brushing and are now chasing a fly on the patio door. Poor fly!

Marie hang in there and do what the Doctor and the PT person tells you. I want to have you back at 100%!

Gayla I hope you are getting a quiet day!

Birdie again, please send the food!

Everyone else take care!

Jeffrey
  • CALIECAT
    Marie, we love you dearly and we know time is flying by, but it is only May 19th today so we have another week or so before June 1st. It just seems like the end of May. but you don't have to change our month quite yet. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: I think that nurse and PT are upsetting you, so you really should talk to them or their superiors. :heart: :heart:

Wednesday bingo night, but first some exercise and then we are planting some flowers. It is a gorgeous day here and I want to be outside as much as possible. :bigsmile:

Will check it later.

Sandy

LOL so it is Sandy. . I was looking at the calendar wrong. I got a little while yet. I really don't sem to be keeping up with day of week now days. much lest the day of the month.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I just got a message from Elli in reply to the birthday greetings I sent her.......she is very busy with her new business and family and hasn't had time to post........she says hi to everybody.

:flowerforyou: I just got off my exercise bike.....I really missed it, but not as much as I missed all my pets.....they are all home now and trying to explain to me that it's time to eat because breakfast was served so early at the boarding places:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Marie, hang in there.......go for a walk with Sammy and if the PT shows you something, you can practice it on your own later so you get extra benefit.

:flowerforyou: Jeffrey, you are a great dad......my dad used to do stuff for me like you do for Sam and I always appreciated it.

:flowerforyou: I was going to start getting the soil ready to plant pumpkins and sunflowers but it started to rain........maybe that will make the group softer for me when I start digging tomorrow.

:flowerforyou: Sandy, enjoy your beautiful day and your opportunity to be planting.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Birdie, you are so right about healthy food being more expensive in restaurants...your experience is even more extreme than anything I've experience.......fortunately you don't have to do that again :bigsmile:

I ate in restaurants a few times on my trip.......once for breakfast with a friend.....I was treating her to celebrate a special occasion in her life. She chose Red Lion because she said they had a great Sunday brunch.....when we got there it turned out that they no longer had the brunch but she was happy to order from their menu......I had the breakfast parfait (yogurt, granola, and fresh fruit.......not as low calorie as I would have liked, but not bad and pretty healthy)........every other restaurant meal was a veggie delight on flatbread at Subway (260 calories)

:drinker: now it's time for water and yoga.
    :heart: Barbie
  • Jake45
    Jake45 Posts: 146 Member
    Hi Marie and all the rest of you. We're back and safe,but you already know that. I got the lawn cut today just before it started to rain. It was a virtual jungle out there and had to be done today or it would have passed the "one step too far line".

Jeffery I think your idea about charging your daughter fro services rendered is a good one though it could be a mine field of dangerous consequences. Let me know how that works out for you.

I hope you're doing well Marie, I kept you in my thoughts throughout your ordeal. It's good to be home and nice to have an opportunity to write. I was going to start back to work today, but thought the lawn couldn't wait and one more day of not being on the phone was just to good to pas up. I know the boss anyway and figured he would cut me a break.

I started another 30 day cleanse/weight loss schedule today, I got a little used to overeating the good stuff a bit and picked up a few pounds that I don't want, (15 to be exact). As you know both Barb and I eat really sensible but it's easy for me to add an extra scoop of peanut butter to my apple and when I do that Mr Tubbo ant to show his ugly face. So this is the time to stop it and turn it around again. I was able to add 5 lbs of muscle which is difficult to do for a 64 year old man with a bad heart, and I frankly just let myself get a away with some poor eating habits. :blushing: So now it goes and I'll be that hunk that Barb allows to do the dishes for her. Remember to :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: water is your friend.

Laugh a lot I'll write when I can.
    jake
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member

:flowerforyou: I was going to start getting the soil ready to plant pumpkins and sunflowers but it started to rain........maybe that will make the group softer for me when I start digging tomorrow.

:heart: Barbie

Thanks for the giggle Barbiecat, with all the rain we had down here today, I DO feel softer. Can you dig it??:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Today is a "lost day." I came home last night with a chill. It was warm enough inside my condo (74 degrees) for the AC to come one, but I was sitting with a polar fleece jacket on --freezing--and I ached from head to toe, so I took a hot bath and went to bed early. I got little sleep, due to apparently having a fever. It was a L-O-O-O-NG night. Every time I got out of bed, I felt very weak and shaky. I got so warm, I turned on the AC manually in the middle of the night. Finally by about noon, I began to feel like it wouldn't be a mistake to eat something, so I had half a protein shake and a Fiber One muffin.

I am not aching quite as much and it appears my fever has broken, but whatever this was, it came at a bad time. I need to spend time finishing up my studying hours for my insurance license and I haven't been able to do anything today so far, and last night I felt so lousy, I didn't study then either.

Hope all are doing well.

Barb
  • CALIECAT
    Thanks Jake for sharin your story wiith us.
    I thought american Idle come on at 7 But it must be 8:00

the city has been replacing the water line on our street an left water running and Jerry is out their catching it an putting on his grass. and flowers.The city guys said they had to do that to clear the lines.

Seems like OKla. is getting bad storms tonight. Hope it don't drift down here.

Bzrbie you will have to take a picure of you punkins when they get big. You know the pumpkin crop was wipe out by a freeze aand have not had any canned punkin on the shelves since before Christmas. I remember you said you froze some that a neighbor gave you.
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Hi everyone! We had a hot day followed by some rain showers to clean everything up. I had gone to WW and left clothes on the line so I called Dave to pull them off before they were once again wet! In spite of a sore foot today Neil's behavior is exemplary. For now he has got the message. I would be very naive to think we have seen the last meltdown but we have enjoyed today.
    Back to WW -- I lost 5.6 pounds this week -- Yippeekayaye!!! I am so happy that is spite of the stress in the house the last while I stayed focused. I don't expect to lose as much next week but happy for a great start.

I enjoyed the Idol outcome tonight but sad to see Casey go. I believe I would be proud to be that boy's mother!!

Barb -- Sorry you aren't well. Hope tomorrow is a better day.

Marie -- Hope you straightened out the nurse and PT!!

Barbie and Jake -- Sounds like you are both enjoying being home. Hope those pumpkins grow and grow and grow!!

Take care everyone. Off to work tomorrow. Gayla :heart: :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    Gayla, I just read your weight lost on Whats News/ That is fantasticc . I am dancing a Hppy dance for you.
    Glad neil Had a better day yesterday. Will neil get to go back to his job?So maybe you need to be a little more stern with him. and let him know he can't get by with some of his tamtons.
    Me and My Pt had a little talk. and she said she would be happy to work things out. We had a pleasant visit yesterday. We went outside and walk down my street. I like walking better than wiggling my toes.
    I go to the doctor this morning and can't habe my coffee.or breakfast. Thank goodness it is an early appt. We will slso go to the grocer store .I need to pick up some more greek yogurt They carry the Fage and it is really good.It is low in sodium and carbs and calories. The perfect food for me.
    Got to get up and get dressed
    Have a great day all.
  • jeffrey71
    Good Morning Everyone!

Beautiful day here, finally! I am going to mow the lawn after it dries up. I need to wash Day's car and clean up the inside some. Sam's really needs it too! I have the beds made and the last load of laundry is getting ready for the dryer, and the dishes are put away and the floors cleaned. Busy busy busy!

I am planning a bike ride today about 40 miles on the race bike. Should be fun. I have a new computer on it to track my efforts. I had a big workout yesterday. I swam 1.2 miles, then biked 11 miles, and then ran 2.0.

Gayla I am glad you had a good day! may today be another!

Marie good for you on the PT person. Stay after them!

Sandy what did you plant?

Jake and Barbie- Jake your right it is a Mine field! LOL I will not venture into it! Barbie stay it, you are an inspiration!

Barb are you feeling better?

Everyone else be well!

Jeffrey
  • CALIECAT
    Jeffrey keep us informed on this week end. And don't let Day overdo it.
    Say you have been a busy guy. Your girls all 3 of them shoyld really appricate all that you do.Take it easy and don't get overheated. It is kind of muggy today here.
    You need to do what my brother doeshe takes pictures and post them on faceb ook so we can keep up with him and his many fishing trips. Show us how big his bass is that he caugh and how many.Seems like my whole family enjoy taking pictures of where they been at. We get an instance replay. I enjoy seeing them.

Have a nice day!!!!!!!
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Just dropping in to say a quick hello as I am at work.:happy: Welcome back Barbie and Jake!:flowerforyou: Barb, I'm sorry that you've been sick.:sick: I hope your feeling stronger today! :wink: Jeffrey I have a feeling that restaurant doesn't know what the term "doggie bag" is. LOL:laugh:
    Everyone else have a great day!
    BirdieM:heart:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    :flowerforyou: Hi All,:flowerforyou:

I am alive and kicking once again. I took it easy yesterday, didn't even go out with the doggies. Times like those I really appreciate the "doggie door" option!!!:bigsmile:

We all laid around all day and alternated between watching tv in the big chair and laying in bed dozing with the tv on. I slept well last night, and woke up at 5:30a!! Best part was rolling over and remembering how awful it was to have to get up earlier than that when my workday started at 5a!! I finally got up at a more civilized hour--8:30a.

I appreciate all those who wished me a return to good health--it worked!!!:drinker: :drinker: Another added bonus was that over two days I dropped 2.5 lbs!!--No doubt some of it was water, but it puts me a pound away from my lowest weight, so maybe by next week I can actually adjust my ticker in the right direction again.!!

Marie, I am glad you got things sorted out w/ your PT provider. I am sure you will get more out of the time spent together if you feel like it is benefiting you and you are doing something you enjoy. I like that Greek yogurt also.

Jake, I have every confidence that you will climb in the wagon and get rid of the excess baggage that snuck up on you. I got a kick out of your remark about "knowing the boss." :laugh: :laugh:

Well, I have to finish getting ready to go out. I am staying at my parents' place this afternoon so the cleaning person can get in, as they have an appointment during the time she usually comes in.

See you later,

Barb
  • CALIECAT
    Here is my doctor take on the Low sodium diet. if it tast salty it is too salty. No canned soup , no Pizza, no Tv dinners. I told her about the DQ tacos. and ahe said if taste salty then its too salty. So that is my Saurday lunch. Tonight I am going to make me a homemade hamburger.

My feet have gone down I can see my blood vessell again. my ankles have less swollen too. So I guess the walking and the low salt diet is working. I go to the kidney Docter June 1st to see how much damage the dye did to my kidney.that they used to run one of the test. I will check with her and see what she says about salt.

We had a stornm come thru this afternoon. Look pretty bad but we missed mosst of it.I think the nurse is due out tomorrow.
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Hi everyone from stormy Saskatchewan. It is very noisy outside and in the middle of the afternoon it is dark enough to turn the lights on as the clouds are so dark. I hope it blows over quickly as Neil has a massage in 45 minutes. Speaking of our little Prince, we have Day 3 of our sweet guy. I am keeping track because I say the meltdowns are less than once a week and Dave says "no way". I have to make a call and get ready to take him for the massage so will run for now.
    Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :heart:
  • jeffrey71
    Hi Everyone!

Maire listen your doctors! Dayanne I have been married 36 years and we are on our 5th box of salt! And one of those I used on the sidewalk to melt ice about 10 years ago! It can be done. I think food taste better without salt and I just cannot tolerate salty foods.

Gayla 3 in a row! Good for you! Lets shoot for 5!

Tonight I am beat. I biked 29.5 miles on the road into a 15 mph wind then I ran 3.6 miles. I have finally gotten my run time down into the 7 minute 30 sec range per mile for 3 to 4 miles! My biking time now stinks! I think that I have not been eating enough protien and carbs. I am going to adjust my diet for a few days and see if that helps.

Everyone have a great day.
This discussion has been closed.