Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Senior Golden Sneakers ~~~~May~~~~ just for you Marie!!

Replies

• jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Good Morning!

Another beautiful morning here! I am still a little beat up from yesterdays workout. I will probably ride my bike today and test out the new computer I put on it. I have made the final 8 out of 1500 for a position with a firm out of Chicago. I started reviewing and practicing for the panel interview that I have tomorrow. I would really like this position. It is a sales job that will have some travel but nothing extreem.

Not a lot else going on here. I enjoy this type of day!

Sandy did you win last night?

Barbie the plyometrics is brutal. I do the P90X version. I think you can find a youtube video of part or all of it. It is worth a look. I am still doing the yoga but I have modified some of it to take some pressure off of my knee. The knee is really doing quite well right now compared to where it was 6 weeks ago.

By the way! I did post a new weight!

Gayla, Birdie, and everyone else have a great day!

Jeffrey
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,257 Member
    Good Morning!!

Yes Jeffrey I did win, $50 and a chance to pick off a big board for $4000 but picked the wrong number. I also won $17 in a bingo game so I guess you didn't jinx me after all even if you don't listen. :laugh: You remind me of my two brothers who teased me all the time and used to take my dolls and hang them by their necks and knock their bodies off with a baseball bat. They both grew up normal and not serial killers. Boys will be boys. :laugh:

It is beautiful here as well, I am loving our weather and can't wait for the pool to open.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, the cleaning girl will be here shortly and I need coffee.

Sandy
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Hi All,
    I don't have much time but any news on Marie?
    Beth
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Goodmorning all! Hope everyone is well! :happy:

Hang in there Gayla! God draws straight with crooked lines. My mother always said that God won't give you more than you can handle....but then she would say...."I think sometimes He overestimates us! LOL:laugh:

Jeffrey I will say a prayer for your job interview and if you ever come to RI, let me know! It's so small, I'm sure we'll pass each other at some point:laugh:

Barbie, after talking about being honest about foods that trip us up....last night I overate some Ranch Rice Cakes!:noway: This is not the first time! So guess what I'm NOT buying anymore!:flowerforyou: I can deal with ice cream if I'm out and get a small serving....but buying a container....forget about it!!! :noway: That thing would call me all night:tongue: ! I don't have ANY sweets in the house for the same reason. But Rice cakes seemed harmless however that flavor is just addicting! I don't seem to have that type of a problem with other carbs:ohwell: It's a journey and descerning these things are part of the process:wink: Here's where the honesty comes in. I'm sure I will be tweeking my food some more as I go along. What is key to me here....is the honesty.:happy:

How's the business going Elli??

Sandy: I can't believe how lucky you are with winning money! Good for you! Glad the "Curse of Jeffrey" didn't work:laugh:

Marie...get well! And Barb....stay on TRACK :laugh:

Greetings to everyone else...and have a great day!!!!

BirdieM:heart:
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Hi y'all! I haven't heard from Marie and now I am worried. I sent her an email last night but tonight I will send Alice an email if I still have her address.
    We had snow flurries today but they didn't stick around. The weatherman tells us that tomorrow will see sunshine. I am ready.

Birdie -- Thanks for your Mom's words, I think he has really overestimated me this time. It has been a tough week and will share it all with you soon.

Jeffrey -- Fingers crossed for the job. I wish I could be on the finish line when you come charging by!!

Barbie -- Chocolate will undo me. This was the day I was supposed to join WW as my mother's day gift to me. However, Dave thinks I should pick a different day than my work day. Seems he doesn't like me to be gone for both lunch and dinner. If I thought it was because he missed me I might feel tickled but I know he just needs a cook and someone to entertain Neil. :laugh: My new plan is next Wed! Wed. is a day we rarely have anything else on, so much for being frugal and getting it done all in one day.

Beth -- How is the running going? As soon as I hear from Marie I will let you know.

Sandy -- Way to go on the win. You really are a lucky gal!! even with Jeffrey's jinx! :wink:

Barb -- Don't work too hard! Glad you had time to drop in and say hello.

Hope everyone else is doing grand. Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :heart:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Hey Everyone,

I have news about Marie!! She is home. See the quote below. I had posted a message on the Jack Russell Club thread to let that group know why they hadn't heard from her since the end of April. She apparently got on her pc long enough to post this message. I am sending her a pm with a link to the May thread in case she had trouble finding it.

Being weakened, she probably couldn't spend a lot of time looking for us, so that may be why she didn't post anything here.

Here is her message from the other thread:
    Hello to all of you. i made it home last night. Feeling pretty good but still weak so ai will be dropimg in some but but bery often.I sure have missed you guys. missed you guys. They thought I was having a heart attak but everrtthing chcked out Ok. Then They thought si would need a by passed but it hceckout OK too. So now all ai need to do res n get my strenghth bac.Lay in g in bed with tubes all attach to you wear tou out.n Not to mentuion their horribled food. Jerry My husband frixed me a nice breakfast this morning. So I think

I will live now.Sammy was so glad to see me get home. Amd I missed him too. Can hardly wait till I can get out and go walking with him some.

Loved Marie

Barb
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Barb,

Thanks for the update on Marie!

Marie if you are up and reading, get well soon! I have missed you!

Jeffrey

Ran 5.5 miles last night, rode the bike 14 miles, and did my strength and ab workout. This old man is tired today. This afternoon we are going to Indy to pick up Amanda at the airport. She coming home for Sam's graduation. I have a panel interview for the job at 11:30 today. I hope it goes well. I have made the final 8 out of 1,500. We are supposed to get very rough weather this afternoon so it may be a fun trip to Indy.

Everyone have a great day!

Jeffrey Again!
  • viliberty1957
    viliberty1957 Posts: 194
    Marie, glad you are better. Miss you. God Bless. Irene
  • TexasAngelBeth
    Hi All,
    Another drive by posting since we are swamped here but Gald Marie is doing well

Jeffery - can you please send me the training program you did? I am falling behind in everything but running

More to you all later
    Beth
  • TexasAngelBeth
    Hi All,
    Another drive by posting since we are swamped here but Gald Marie is doing well

Jeffery - can you please send me the training program you did? I am falling behind in everything but running

More to you all later
    Beth
  • Sandydur
    Good to hear from you Beth, all you ladies and gents are so busy lately, but that is a good thing. :bigsmile:

Glad to hear you are home Marie, we missed you so much and pray for a speedy recovery with lots of strength. Just don't overdo anything, take it easy until you feel good. :heart:

Just finished the Julian Michaels shred level 1, it is quite a workout for an old lady like me, but I managed to get through it with just one small pause during jumping jacks. :tongue: Later a walk with Daisy and I should gain some calories. :happy:

Going to a Mother's Day program at my granddaughter's preschool so I better get moving. (it seems that is all we do, move, move move.)

Sandy
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Hi all. I found a post from Marie on our old thread. I am guessing she can't find us! :cry: So glad you are feeling better Marie and hope you find your way here with Barb's instructions. :heart:
    Here is the post:
    hELLO!!!!!! i Hve been 2 DA YS TO GET ON HERE. S ON HERE, SEEM LIKES i NEEDED TO LOG IN, aND PRESTO HERE i AM.

tHANKS sANDY FOR STRATING OUR MAY.tHREAD YOU ARE A WONDERFUL doll.. You all are.

Jerry just yell supper is ready for i BETTER GET IN THERE

PT WAS OUT TODAY WILL BE BACK MONDAY. aND THEN A NURSE WILL BE OUT FOR MY DIET. tHEY WANT ME TO GO ON A NO SALT DIETE dON'R KNOQ HOQ WELL THAT WILL GO OVER.SEE YOU GUYS TOMORROW. lOVE MARIE

Take care everyone. Gayla :heart:
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    So glad to hear from you Marie! We all missed you! Go slow and get better!
    Thanks Barb and Gayla for the updates:wink:
    BirdieM:heart:
  • weaklink109
    Hello All,

Found another post from Marie on the April thread. Here it is:
    :heart: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: tThanks Barbiecat. My problems was that I was not sign in.After I sign in. Then the reply button came on. And would let me post. I thought I wass going crazyI was compleley lost for 2 days. In fact I lost the last 7 days. So good to be back.

Now I need some advice. They are talking about me going on a salt free diet.MY Foot look like a couple watermelons. A nurse will be out to helpme get onWhich of the Mrs Dash do you and Jake and you like.Their is a lot to learn here. I just made a batch of cucumbers with eagar. Hope the vinager doess not have any Sodium I will go right now and llook it up.But I got to get this swelling down

ok it up.

Well Gayla, Its is hot here in Texas. Wish we had some snow.now.
    Tell Jake Thankyou for me.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I've been reading and exercising so not much time for writing. :laugh: :laugh:
    I'll be gone most of tomorrow with a friend so I won't be reading, posting or exercising.

She's picking me up at 6 AM so I'd better get to bed
    :heart: Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    gosh I hope this get on my Topic,
    It is so nice outside I am thinking about taking a quick walk. I am goin to close to see if this get:heart::heart: on my topics:heart:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    I haven't posted for awhile but I am thinking good thoughts for Marie and hoping to hear from her soon
    :drinker: :drinker: Jake:bigsmile:

Thanks Jake. I hav been a little confused but thethings are a little are clearer today.Just think 1 week out of your life can confused you so much. :flowerforyou: Marie

Be careful on your trip Barbie.
    Beth are you ready to head out to Texas. If you need a good sun Tan this is the place to be.
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    hi and hope all are well-glad Marie is up and running!!
  • weaklink109
    GOOD MORNING MARIE!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Glad you found us!! A hug to you and Sammy and hope you are enjoying the sunshine you mentioned.

Barb
  • Sandydur
    Welcome back Marie, we sure did miss you.:sad: Don't worry about the confusion, some of us are younger than you and get so confused it isn't funny. :angry: You just take it easy and take it one day at a time. :heart:

Went to watch my 4 year granddaughter ice skate this morning. She does a good job for her age, considering I have never ice skated. :noway: I did roller skate as a kid and I liked that a lot, more for meeting the boys I think. :laugh:

Chilly day here, had to put on the heat to get the chill out of the house. We will still take Daisy on her walk but will be wearing a warm jacket. :glasses:

Hope all are well and have a great weekend.

Sandy
This discussion has been closed.