Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Senior Golden Sneakers ~~~~May~~~~ just for you Marie!!

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    :flowerforyou: another day of healthy eating and exercise.....it seemed like one of us was on the exercise bike all day.....I ride for 20 minutes at a time and Jake rides longer......we watched some good stuff on TV while we rode.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: lunch was baked cod, frozen peas and onions, and a big salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing....I did enough exercise to earn my an almond butter snack

:flowerforyou: I took the dogs to the dog park where there were lots of small birds for them to chase...I wondered if they would pay any attention to me when it was time to go......we would have stayed longer if it hadn't started to rain.

:flowerforyou: marie, I agree with you doctor.....processed and restaurant food (especially fast food like DQ) are especially high in sodium......my weight was up 2 pounds after having lunch in a restaurant on Tuesday when we got home from our trip.

:flowerforyou: Barb, I'm so glad you're feeling better......there's nothing like a lot of rest to cure what ails you :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Jeffrey, once again your workout makes my me feel like a slug by comparison :happy: :happy: :happy:

:flowerforyou: Gayla, congrats to you on your weight loss and congrats to Neil for three days without a meltdown....he should get a sticker on the calendar for that.

the dogs are bugging me to go out and we don't have a doggie door, so I'll have to get up and take them
    :heart: :drinker: Barbie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,257 Member
    Good Morning,

Had a busy day yesterday with the cleaning lady, my meeting and then finished planting. My TV shows are all having their season finales and Greys Anatomy was just great.

Jeffrey, actually we don't plant a lot in the ground, our backyard is mostly concrete (my husband was a finisher by trade but also owned a lot of the industrial building they built) and the area for daisy is quite big filled with pea gravel. So in the back we have these Henri statues and we put a hanging basket (hanging part removed) on each statue except for one that I plant a hybiscus bush. We also have a fountain in the middle so it looks very nice. We have cut down in the back because of Daisy, last year she was eating all my flowers but this year with her training she is doing well. Out in front we have 4 hanging baskets and I planted 5 little pots of geraniums, two bigger pots with hybiscus bush and two bigger pots with hybiscus trees and New Guinea impatiens on the bottom. I have a gas light in the corner of my property where I have a big circle made with stone, there I planted Sun Impatiens which is something we found at Home Depot. They love the sun contrary to regular impatiens, so I love them. I will take pictures when they are better grown for you to see my gardening skills. :happy:

Jake, thanks for checking in and keeping it honest. Actually, I am a little glad to hear you put on a couple of pound, makes you human. :laugh: No worries about you losing what you gained, your "boss" knows how to help you. :bigsmile:
    Barbie, you are the most devoted person to your program, you could write a book or even go on Oprah and tell your story. :love:

Barb, I am glad you are feeling better and got some sleep. I hate being sick, I just don't have time for it. :frown:

Gayla, WHOOPEE!! way to go on the weight loss. With all the stress in your life you are still able to work out a program that works for you.:heart: I am glad Neil settled down for the week and hope he maintains his control not only for you but for himself. :smile:

Beth, hope you are well, we think of you every day. :flowerforyou:

Marie, sounds like you worked it out with your PT and glad she walked with you instead of wiggling your toes. :tongue:

Dreary day here, so should be no problem doing my shred and bike today. Things are working since I lost a little weight but you know my rule so no ticker change yet.

Have a great weekend, we are expecting 80's. I plan on sitting in sun and getting a tan.

Sandy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    I am sitting in the house under the AC We are going to be in the 90's all next week.
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Hi everyone! Lost my post with this crazy computer. Dave played around with it a bit and of course it didn't do what it does when I am on it. Actually, it is a bit better but still shuts down on me in the middle of somthing. I see a shiny new laptop in my future.
    Day 4 of good behavior for Neil. He went in for his bath today and to his program. He got a bit agitated at the program and called me. There is a woman there who is very annoying (I agree with that) but he needs to learn how to handle it. I told him to ask the staff for some ideas on how to handle it. Apparently he did and was fine when he got home.

Marie -- Stay cool! Glad you got the nursing and PT working better for you.

Sandy -- Your backyard sounds gorgeous. Can't wait for pics!

Barbie -- The stickers is such a great idea. Not sure why I didn't think of it, use them so often at work. Neil loves the calendar and checks it every day. I think I will pick some up!

Jeffrey -- Thanks, always, for your kind words.

Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    Looks like thing are flowing pretty good at The Forsyth househole I am having the same problem Gayla. I don't know how many post I have lost today. and then things popped up that I have not been to in months. Hope I spelled you name right, I was trying to get some information on congestive hearth failure and after almost fillin out all the information pooh it was gone. now I don't know how i found it. oh I almost lost it See you later:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: The hearts are for Neil 4 good days.
  • barbiecat
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    That's to remind me to drink more water.....I drink a lot in the morning especially on dance days, then I stop for at least an hour before I go to the dog park because I'm usually there for an hour or more with no chance to use the rest room and on days when the weather is iffy, I don't drink any water the whole time I'm waiting to see if the rain will stop and then suddenly it's 4PM and I'm way behind on water drinking.

:flowerforyou: Sandy, your yard sounds fabulous.....I look forward to seeing pictures when all is done. Thank you for your kind words........I have gotten a bit lax and eating too much peanut butter and adding too many snacks during the day so Jake and I are both focused on gettin back on track.......the thing that has helped the most is exercise......I ride the exercise bike while watching TV and keep adding more time to the walks at the dog park and if the weather ever gets warm, I'll be taking walks with Jake again. We have a DVR system so we record TV shows and watch them when we have time so we're usually a week or two behind so I have seen the season finale of Grey's Anatomy. the only thing we watch in real time is Dancing With the Stars so we can vote for our favorites.

:flowerforyou: Gayla, I've been using stickers on the calendar since the year I had a very difficult group of students in my class and I started giving myself a sticker if my behavior with them was good, later i started using the stickers for walking and exercise...that was a great idea to suggest to Neil that he ask the staff for ideas about how to get along with someone difficult so he isn't always depending on you to provide solutions.

:flowerforyou: Marie, while you're sitting in the house with the AC, I'm wearing two silk undershirts, a turtleneck, sweatshirt and wool socks to stay warm.....earlier Jake wrapped a knitted afghan around his shoulders while he was sitting on the couch. I still haven't planted any of my seeds (pumpkin, marigold, California poppy, and catnip) because it's still too cold but it's supposed to get warmer next week.......Jake planted two of those Topsy Turvy upside down tomato plants I can see one of them from where I sit at the dining room table.

:flowerforyou: While we were on our trip I bought another pair of Skechers Shape Ups so now I have a pair that I can wear to the dog park and not worry if they get a little dirty and another pair (with some white on them) to wear indoors and for line dancing.

I probably have housework to do but I'm going to ignore it until tomorrow.
    :heart: hugs:heart: Barbie
  • Lafla
    Hi everyone from cool and cloudy Saskatchewan. Rain continues in the forecast but so far not falling. We watched the Canadiens/Flyers hockey game and cheered for the Canadiens but not a goal from them. I hope they do better on Monday. I haven't gone to the greenhouse yet as the weather doesn't look like planting weather. I sure want to get my tomatoes started!
    Day 5 of good behavior for Neil!! I think my talk hit home but still prepared for a slip at any time.

Barbie -- My son was talking about trying one of those tomato plants but not sure if he picked one up or not. He seems to have picked up a virus so likely hasn't ventured out. His life is a little topsy-turvy these days. I also like to ride the exercise bike in front of the TV and haven't been able to in a long time as it was moved from the family room to make room for the hospital bed. I just asked Dave today if he would help me move it back into the family room. It is so darn heavy. Hopefully I will be riding the bike for the next hockey game!

Marie -- Sorry about your computer problems. It really is such a pain. Dave worked on mine a bit and couldn't find anything wrong. Of course, it didn't act up for him. He thinks I might be hovering over my mouse (wireless) and he says they can be very sensitive. It isn't new and I don't think I have changed but am trying to watch that to see. I have also been talking very nicely to it. :wink: Can't hurt.

Hope you are all having a fantastic weekend, a long weekend in Canada. Take care and keep smiling. Gayla
  • Sandydur
    DSC01565-1.jpg

Daisy is being spayed tomorrow so we decided to get her a summer haircut before surgery. She was at the groomer for over 8 hours and I don't know why. The end result is above, what did I do to my baby? It takes a while to get used to it, her head looks to big for her body for some reason, but now I think it is cute. She will be cooler for the summer and I will let it grow and she will be a typical Old English Sheepdog again. :laugh:

We are expecting weather in the high 80's so it should be a good week to work on my tan. :glasses: I am careful and wear sunscreen but I just love the sun. :flowerforyou:

I missed a day of exercise yesterday and because of that went over on my calories. I get so mad at myself when I do that. :mad: I am going to try and get downstairs and do my shred before Mass this morning, I just have to get myself moving.

Have a great Sunday everyone!!

Sandy
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Good Morning Everyone!!

Sandy--
    Daisy looks like the beautiful girl she is.:heart: Hope she makes a rapid recovery from her surgery. Your comment about exercising before mMass should inspire me, but at the moment, it will be enough of an accomplishment around here if I get to Mass this morning, instead of waiting until 5:30 tonight.

Gayla--
    Glad to hear Neil is doing better. I know the Lord never gives us more than we can handle, but I don't think I would do nearly as well in your situation as you do.:flowerforyou:

I finally can move my ticker back to where it was. I am again at my lowest weight since starting MFP!! Wahooo!!!! Now if I can just keep going!!!! :drinker: :drinker: Happy Sunday All.

Barb
  • Lafla
    Hi everyone. Still cloudy and rainy here but I think it is Day 6 for Neil! Dave is out helping a friend do some bathroom renovations. He is better at going to help people than at asking them for help!! I do hope we get our work done before winter. I don't think I have anything to share today.

Barb -- Way to go on the loss. That is a huge accomplishment. Sometimes I do think the Lord thinks we can handle more than we can!!! One day at a time.

Sandy -- I think Daisy looks very cute in her summer 'do'.

Marie -- I hope all is well and you are just resting today.

Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :smile: :heart:
  • viliberty1957
    viliberty1957 Posts: 194
    Sandy, the dog looks so cute. My poor dog had to settle for a buzz cut (by me). He looks pounds smaller, and a little put out with me!
  • CALIECAT
    Hi everybody. wonderful Sunday here.
    Alice was out and went and found some featherweight no sodium baking powder Now I can make me some breakfast bread. Bread for breakfast and no salt in it. n
    we went out to eat too. We had the Manager come over to help us pick out my food. I had a grilled sirloin without any season. and steam brocolli no roll or butter A salad with blue cheese dressing the blue cheese may have been too much But I had it on the side and din't eat too much. So I think I did Ok. I was full when we got thru. I talk to a guy on MfP on Low salt diet Thread that i posted and he has been a big help He said he was on a heart transplant list and started the LOw salt diet and now he is fine and did not habe to have the transplant. Amazin what our diet can do to us.There was a lot of nice people posted there.

This is for Neil :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Good boy.

I have not lost anymor weight this past week. I am kind of glad it slow down some I ended up losing 8 lbs. That was too much to lose in a week. You bet I would like to lose that much everyweek. But that is not possible.

I got me a wireless mouse and My Pc is working better

My embroidary machine issn't tho. I am packing it up and go camp out till they find out what I am doing wrong or if it is the machine. It had been sent off to Arizonna twice to be work on and atill not doing right. for me
  • barbiecat
    :flowerforyou: Sandy, Daisy looks so cute with her new summer haircut.....I know she will appreciate it in the warm weather.......good luck to her on her surgery and good luck to you keeping her quiet while she recovers:laugh:

:flowerforyou: Marie, I read some of the posts on your low sodium thread......there were some great ideas from the people who posted

:flowerforyou: Barb, congratulations on getting your weight loss back on track......now it's time to focus more on you and your goals.....we are having the same kind of "wait awhile for a change" weather......yesterday Jake played golf in the morning while I took the girls to the dog park in fabulous warm sunshine, by the time we finished our lunch it was raining and our plans for working in the yard had to be postponed.

:flowerforyou: Gayla, we're having a day like yours with no news.....the laundry is done and we've watched a good movie and taken a nap.

Yesterday we bought a new flag for the flagpole in front of the house.....it is almost twice as big as the old one and looks fabulous......I was glad for wind today so I could see it totally spread out

I planted some sunflower seeds in pots today before the weather got lousy....now I have to make sure that the birds don't eat the seeds before they sprout.
    hugs:heart::heart: :heart: Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    I will be thinking of daisy tomorrow.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    She is so adorable in her short hair cut. We don't have to worry about Smmy Hair He just shed those pesty litlle hairs.

Barbiecat They were really good tips from the poster. I like the one from the guy that was going to have aheart transplant and went on the low Sodium diet now feel great and did not have to have the transplant. Amazing. He told me in a Pm today that he thought 1500 was a good goal. to work for. or lest. I am tryin to kepp it around 5oo. a day. I think it has already help me too. Sammy and I went out for our evening walk and I made it clear to the railroad track the first time in over a month. I got a low sodium cook book. and want to try some of the quick bread out with the sodium free baking powder for breakfast. I was also told that once i get all of this water tetention off I would lose weight easier. I sure hope so.People are so nice here on MfP
  • Sandydur
    Just a quick note to say hi!!

Thanks for the nice compliments on Daisy's haircut, I had the groomer trim her face a little more and it look better but I still miss her long coat. :cry: She is going in later this morning for her surgery and right now is starving and thirsty. They said she has to stay over night and this will be the first time she will be away from us, so we are sad.:sad: I know she will be fine especially since the surgeon is a good friend of ours and has been taking care of our pups for over 25 years. They will baby her and make her feel special (which she is) and she will be home tomorrow. Thanks for all the good lucks.

It is going to be really hot here the rest of the week, problem is the humidity which my hair hates and I look like a limp noodle.

Plan on getting downstairs and exercising before we leave so I better get moving.

Have a good Monday!!

Sandy
  • CALIECAT
    Well I got my days mixed up again. I thought today was the day I started a 24 hour unine collectios bu it is not till next Momday. I see where Ii got it from. On the calendar that I used to mark my appt. they ued 23/30 then 24//31 right together that was a little confusing for my poor eye sight. So I am changing calendars that don't do that.

I had some more chest pains last last night but not as severe as last time. so I did what the hospital did and took an aspirin.I feel like my lunch yessterday is pack in my thoat. the chopped steak if order

r was real ly overcook and way to dry. So I guess it is better to eat at home. I f it gets worst i will called my doctor.But I slept OK last night. They never did find out why I was having chest pains at the hospital It just went away

Daisy thinking about you today take it easy little sweetheart. I will soon be all over. Your Momma and daddy will take good care of you. I loved your new hair cut.

Ok gaya Neil is going for 7 days Wow How great.Is that.. Sounds wonderful.

I see the city is back out on the street working some more on the water pipesThey have been 5 months on it.

Have a great day all.
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Good Morning Everyone!

I read the post and it looks like everyone is doing well! Day and I went to our race on Saturday and it was flooded out. The course was under 2 feet of water. We did help pick up fish out of the parking lot and put them back in the lake! LOL What a day! LOL

Amanda had he big school performance Friday and she said that it went perfectly. All administration and parents were very happy! Sam has this last week at home then back to school for the summer to work. I will miss her a lot. I have been looking for work still. It really stinks here and I know that we are still better off than most. I am thankful for that!

Yesterday I did what was called a "brick" My training friend and I went to where the next triathlon will be and rode the bike course 14 miles and then within 30 seconds of completing that we ran the 3.5 mile running course. My times were good! It was 89 degrees when we started. I lost 7.5 pounds in 70 minutes and that was including the quart of water that I drank durning the workout! I felt great afterwards. Ready to go again! LOL Today I swimming and then stregth training and then running. biking tomorrow!

I hope your good streak continues Gayla! I am smiling for you!

Marie listen to your DR! Take it easy!

Barbie what is new with you for this week?

Everyone else have a great day!

Oh! Sandy the pup looks great! I wish I had hair!

Jeffrey
  • Lafla
    Good morning from sunny Saskatchewan. It hasn't warmed up yet but it looks gorgeous. The grass is green, trees are in bloom and the birds are singing. What more could a girl want? I think I will go in to the greenhouse today and get some plants. Maybe even an apple tree.
    Day 7 for Neil. I was hoping the others would be out for dinner tonight but it sounds like that will not be happening. I think I will still make us some ribs and potato salad. The chore will be figuring out how to count the points. It can be done!! This is a holiday day for us so the greenhouse will be busy.

Sandy -- Thinking about Daisy and of course, about you! I hope the surgery goes well.

Barbie -- I just love the birds in the yard, as well. I hope they let those sunflowers grow. I am thinking about putting a hummingbird feeder up. My in-laws used to have a couple of them and the HB's were there all summer. My friend in BC has a couple and they have so many hummingbirds they hover around waiting for a turn, says it is like a landing strip at a busy airport.

Marie -- If you still have that chest pain today don't hesitate to get back to the hospital. It may be nothing but just in case it isn't best to get it checked. Put your feet up, my friend!

Jeffrey -- I, too, hope a job shows up for you soon. It must be very frustrating. It sounds like you had quite a workout yesterday. Sorry you didn't get to do the run as planned. Has is been rescheduled?

Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :heart:
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Happy Monday from sunny Rhode Island!

:embarassed: I have a confession to make. I'm struggling! :frown:
    I went over my calories a few times last week and I see a trend that can lead me into gaining some of my weight back, if I’m not careful.:frown:
    Today, when I got up, I had a real tight back, so I iced it but didn't exercise. :ohwell: That means I have 400 calories less to eat today and I'm starting to stress about it.:frown:

I know I'm stressed about one of my daughters who’s trying to buy a house and is on hold for a little.:frown: Yesterday there was a drive by shooting on the street next to where she lives and I'm concerned.:noway: There was a stabbing a week ago and another shooting a few weeks ago.:noway: :noway: They are trying so hard to get out of there, (they have 2 little kids) but there's nothing we can do but hope (and pray) for that phone call from the bank….. to get them out of there.:flowerforyou:
    Some of these towns were never violent like they are today....it's scary!:noway:
    My other daughter, as I’ve mentioned before, is losing her house:frown: ....and all the stress that comes from that.....and I think…..subconsciously I'm eating over it!!!:angry:

Okay...now that I've vented....and I seem to do that a lot lately.:ohwell: ...I must commit to doing something positive!:flowerforyou:

This weekend I heard a priest say something interesting regarding psychology. We tend to over psychoanalyze everything….trying to figure out WHY we do what we do, instead of WHAT we need to do to solve the problem!
    The analogy he used was…..if you are on a boat… and you are sinking….are you more interested in WHY your boat is sinking……OR….how to save yourself????!!:laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
    I really liked that a lot!!!:happy: Of course, it is always good to know the WHY also, so we can learn from it….but his point was where we put the most emphasis!:wink:
    So even though I know WHY I am eating…..the dilemma will still be there unless I try to do something constructive to NOT eat!!!:flowerforyou:
    My back is feeling a little bit better, so when I go home I will try to do the treadmill for a bit so I don’t blow the calories again today! :flowerforyou: I have some great veggies to make a salad, so I’ll do that also, as well as drink a lot of water.:drinker: :drinker:

I am so behind in the posts.....sorry...... as I haven’t really read them since Friday,:ohwell: but I hope all is well with everybody!

God Speed!!!!
    BirdieM:heart:
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Birdie!

I have dealt with a lot of stress in my family too! It is a weight loss killer! I can only suggest that you just stay focused. Remember this, we are all in this together! It is just life. Some crappy some good, but just life. It is very normal to worry over your girls and family. I would be concerned if you didn't worry!

Here is my plan to turn worry into weight loss for you. When you fell the stress building go to your eliptical, treadmill, etc and do something while you worry, then proceed to work the worry right out of you! Make yourself stay exercising for at least 15 min! If you do that and get very tired soon your brain will equate worry with exercise and it should lighten up the worry or at least work off a few calories. Second, move anything to eat away from the phone or computer. Or move the phone and computer away from anything to eat. When you are talking with you family make it impossibel to eat while you do that! It will work!

Stay focused my friend. I am here for you and it will be ok!

Jeffrey
This discussion has been closed.