Replies

• allie491
    allie491 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    2 very stubborn lbs :smile:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    7-10 pounds to goal weight. But i took a break from losing, and i am now focusing on getting all the muscle!! I am seriously thinking about cutting my hair too because it interferes with my workouts. I could use the time it takes me do dry it doing extra deadlifts.
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm down about 66 pounds so far, but honestly I have seen the sizes drop so much faster since I started lifting heavy. In fact, it's giving me some amazing hourglass proportions. My cousin told me this week that she had been looking at old pictures of us together last year, and it struck her how much weight I've lost. She said that she knows that I haven't lost a whole person, but it LOOKS like I have. What can I say? I'm fully 4 sizes smaller than the last time I was this weight. So, I really have no idea how much weight I have left to lose, because I have no idea how my body will look at different weights now that I'm lifting. What used to be a size 14 weight for me may well end up a size 10 weight.

Body recomposition is a beautiful thing.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    I no longer care about scale weight - but I would like to lose 5 inches off my stomach, 3 off my waist, and 5 off my hips. Already lost one in each area with weight lilfting and have high hopes for the next 6 months.

Congrats

I'm going that way as well - I'd like to see the number come down more (already down 12lbs) but since I've started lifting I'm seeing the inches move more, and I think that is more important for me than focusing on a random number. Picking up heavy stuff is the best move I've made in my fitness journey :bigsmile:

I still love to run but I'm seeing better results from just two months of lifting than 6 of running. Aiming for a balance of both to shift those inches :drinker:
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    7-10 pounds to goal weight. But i took a break from losing, and i am now focusing on getting all the muscle!! I am seriously thinking about cutting my hair too because it interferes with my workouts. I could use the time it takes me do dry it doing extra deadlifts.

LOL, I got my ponytail caught under the bar on my squats yesterday - ouch!
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I have at least another year.

When I can see cut and defined muscles, when I don't jiggle, roll, shake when I move I'll be good. I couldn't give two flying ducks about the number on the scale says as long as I'm seeing what I want in the mirror and my fitness level is increasing. I'm much more than body weight and I refuse to let it define me.
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    76 more pounds, have already lost 25...

Here's to the next 25!!!:drinker:
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I have reached my first GW. IM 6 pounds from UGW. I started a year ago and here I am!

To all of you who feel like you have so far to go:
    Don't give up! And quit looking at how far you have to go. Look how far you've come! Even if you've lost 5 pounds or 3!! You had to work to lose that weight and if you've lost that, you can lose that much more. Then you will have doubled that. And soon, looking forward is a shorter distance than looking back! I mean, time is going to pass anyway. You can sit back and watch it pass or you can get up and do something. Do you want to look back a year from now and be exactly where you are now? Don't be depressed with where you are now! Be excited about where you're going!!
    My favorite quote ever:
    "Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" Jim Valvano on the ESPY's while battling cancer
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh:

I actually did this, chopped about 8" off of my hair just because it was getting in the way.

Deadlifts and squats do such amazing things for your rear, even though mine is still covered in fat, it totally lifted and got a nice, rounded shape.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    How is this a Success Story?

Because, we all are sharing how far we have come along with what we need to do to get to the next point! :)

You can pour liquor on each other and start licking each other as means of consuming alcohol which would somehow reduce the weight but that still doesn't make it a success story...
  • shosho420
    shosho420 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Don't be concerned with my thread. Move on.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    31lbs to go! Sounds a lot but I've set my target date at September 2013 so I'm hoping it's achievable with a bit of effort (and will power!)

At the halfway point I'm thinking of flipping my ticker to show lbs to go instead of lbs lost - don't ask me why but it feels right in my head :)
    I lost like 30 pounds easily and then it just stopped.

Have you thought about lifting some heavy weights to build more muscle? Muscle mass burns more calories than fat tissue, and can raise your daily burn.

^ Definitely this. Nothing like a tight and muscular woman!

Yeah, this! I've got 27 to go until I hit my first goal weight. Lifting big weights and looking/feeling great, anyway. xx
  • shosho420
    Options
    31lbs to go! Sounds a lot but I've set my target date at September 2013 so I'm hoping it's achievable with a bit of effort (and will power!)

At the halfway point I'm thinking of flipping my ticker to show lbs to go instead of lbs lost - don't ask me why but it feels right in my head :)
    I lost like 30 pounds easily and then it just stopped.

Have you thought about lifting some heavy weights to build more muscle? Muscle mass burns more calories than fat tissue, and can raise your daily burn.
    Yes I know. I just picked up my cardio activity and now I haven't weighed myself in like two weeks. So idk
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    How is this a Success Story?

Because, we all are sharing how far we have come along with what we need to do to get to the next point! :)

You can pour liquor on each other and start licking each other as means of consuming alcohol which would somehow reduce the weight but that still doesn't make it a success story...

If someone has lost one pound, then it success! If you are not interested, don't read them! How is your comment a success?
  • Hagar227
    Hagar227 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    9 lbs - but those last few are the hardest!
  • shosho420
    Options
    I am trying to burn over all body fat at this point. Not bulking up. But I do lift weights for certain areas, underarm fat, leg fat, ect.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    111 more to go, and very confident I can make it and maintain it!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I'm down about 66 pounds so far, but honestly I have seen the sizes drop so much faster since I started lifting heavy. In fact, it's giving me some amazing hourglass proportions. My cousin told me this week that she had been looking at old pictures of us together last year, and it struck her how much weight I've lost. She said that she knows that I haven't lost a whole person, but it LOOKS like I have. What can I say? I'm fully 4 sizes smaller than the last time I was this weight. So, I really have no idea how much weight I have left to lose, because I have no idea how my body will look at different weights now that I'm lifting. What used to be a size 14 weight for me may well end up a size 10 weight.

Body recomposition is a beautiful thing.

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

That's fantastic! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I am trying to burn over all body fat at this point. Not bulking up. But I do lift weights for certain areas, underarm fat, leg fat, ect.

Oh dear, there is no such thing as spot reducing. I hope you don't end up with huge underarms and legs from lifting in those areas, I've heard that it's not a desirable look. :flowerforyou:
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    21.5 kg to a normal BMI (77 kg)

My stretch goal is my ideal body weight which I've calculated online (for fun), that's 66 kg so 32.5 g away.

Hey, this might actually be doable! :smile: