HOW MUCH MORE DO YOU HAVE?

Options

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I have about 3 pounds to go to get to weight goal, but still want a 4% bodyfat reduction. I'm re-evaluating my current situation and going back up with the calories to try to add more lean body mass because I don't really want to drop below 120 pounds while lifting heavy.

I mean, I have been squatting far over my bodyweight, have a 1RM of 175, and my thighs just aren't looking like I thought they would. They look thin, like I've been doing nothing but cardio. I want some bulk. :cry:
  • shosho420
    shosho420 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am trying to burn over all body fat at this point. Not bulking up. But I do lift weights for certain areas, underarm fat, leg fat, ect.

Oh dear, there is no such thing as spot reducing. I hope you don't end up with huge underarms and legs from lifting in those areas, I've heard that it's not a desirable look. :flowerforyou:
    I know there is no such thing as spot reducing lol omg. Seriously? I do tones of cardio to burn over all fat, that is my main goal, I use the other stuff to build muscle....lol
  • shosho420
    Options
    There are very specific exercises to burn that underarm wing fat (I had a person trainer so that isn't up for debate), obviously over all body fat must be the main goal, but doing your daily arm routine isn't going to hurt anything.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    There are very specific exercises to burn that underarm wing fat (I had a person trainer so that isn't up for debate), obviously over all body fat must be the main goal, but doing your daily arm routine isn't going to hurt anything.

Say what?

ETA: Exercises to burn fat in a specific area is the definition of spot reducing, which is just not possible, regardless of who says it.
  • hap2010
    hap2010 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My tickeris set for another 12 pounds but I am thinking of changing that depending on how I feel. I know I want to go down another 7, then I will begin the muscle building.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Fifty-two pounds for now. I may decide to go lower. But that's my initial goal.
  • shosho420
    Options
    Fifty-two pounds for now. I may decide to go lower. But that's my initial goal.
    Yeah I may decide to go lower once i hit my goal.
  • BunnySchon
    BunnySchon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't think about how much more you have to lose. Think about how much you have already lost, how well you are doing. I think you've done great already!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    I know there is no such thing as spot reducing lol omg. Seriously? I do tones of cardio to burn over all fat, that is my main goal, I use the other stuff to build muscle....lol

followed by

Those two statements contradict each other.

You cannot spot reduce and yes, a personal trainer can be wrong, so that can be up for debate.
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    around 80lbs but really as long as I look ugly and muscular, I won't really care what the scale says.
  • shosho420
    Options
    around 80lbs but really as long as I look ugly and muscular, I won't really care what the scale says.
    True you should work on having a better self imagine
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

OOOOH! Could you please share your underarm wing fat burning routine? I'm sure so many would be interested in that since you just said that spot fat reducing is not possible. I'm curious, which bit is not up for debate? Or was the fact that you had a personal trainer not up for debate?
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

followed by

Those two statements contradict each other.

You cannot spot reduce and yes a personal trainer can be wrong so that can be up for debate.
    Can you not bring your pissy attitudes and bull**** drama from other topics into this one? You waste of spaces are getting blocked. I could link to you one of the thousands of articles online that talk about those specific arm routines. YOU can build muscle in specific spots DERP. But if there is fat over lapping it there is no point. Now you two morons with your negative bull**** are getting blocked. Stop posting stalking me at every chance and then claiming I am the one with no life.

I thought I was already blocked. :bigsmile:

I just don't want any noobies to get bad advice. And I would love an article showing where you can spot reduce bingo wing fat - which is not the same as building muscle by the way.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Oh rly?
  • apiman
    apiman Posts: 6
    Options
    .5 more! Then just trying to get stronger at my weight.
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    This morning.... I have 28 pounds before I hit the high target of my BMI.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Oh rly?

Yes, thats because OP isn't a human you see. Judging by the profile pic and the claims "it" is making
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Not worth the possible strike.
  • Rasha90s
    Rasha90s Posts: 3
    Options
    2 Pounds.. This insanity workout is driving me INSANE
  • shosho420
    Options
    .5 more! Then just trying to get stronger at my weight.
    Ahh you didn't have much to lose to begin with