Lose 5 Pounds A Month- May 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I am sitting here having a pity party. I am again at home taking care of the kids....feeding them, helping with homework, getting their baths done. I am watching the Twins game on tv and where is my wonderful husband? He is downtown at the game sitting there having a good time with his brothers. He was gone all last week and has been here on a limited basis this wee because his brother is in town. I can't remember the last time I did something like that for just me! I think I will have another glass of wine!:drinker:

Have a good night!

Terri
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Terri drink up and enjoy! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: You deserve it.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Well I took 2 walks at work today during my breaks & then I had quite a good workout at my first Zumba class tonight! I even did some dancing in front of the tv after dinner! Got my sweat on again! I burned off those 2 cookies I had this morning & still ended yup under my calories for the day! Yay ME! :bigsmile:
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I am not looking forward to getting on the scale tomorrow! "Aunt Flow" showed up for her visit early, just in time for a holiday week-end that would involve beach and water activities, and I'm feeling super bloated, Damn it "Flow"!!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Good morning all!

Thanks RJ!

I am back on track this morning. I got a 36 minute walk in on the treadmill and burned 255 calories. Wish I could have gone another 30 minutes but when the first daycare kid arrives I have to get off.

My weigh in tomorrow. Hopefully no gain. I have had good days and bad days this month so it has not been a great month to lose weight!

Circusmom, I hate the bloated fat feeling that comes with that time of the month. The belly feels hard and like it is sticking out further than usual:angry:

Have a great day.

Terri
  • BbNuke
    BbNuke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I met my May goal this morning! yay, me!!

May 1st: 164.5
    May 27: 159.5
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I too have my TOM right now, or still, I should say.. I was always on time every month until about 19yrs old and then it would be every other month then eventually almost non-existant. Since I lost weight, I started 'spotting' again and since May 21st it's been non-stop... grrr, I weigh in this Sunday ( unless I'm out of town, which is possible now that I don't have a job) and I am to measurements.. I wonder if I should ake them and not record them since it's just TOM puffy/bloatiness.... good luck to all on your weigh in's, I know they are soon for you all. *hugs* On that note, I'm headed to my Home Depot to pay a bill, walking, and before the heat really gets here though, 2miles here I come!! xoxox Bru
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm sure your weigh in will go great, Terry! :) putting out good thoughts for you! :flowerforyou:

as for me, I jumped on the scaled for a mid week weigh in and i've lost 0.4 from monday's 0.2 gain...so net i've lost 0.2 hell, i'll take it. :)
  • rjadams
    Options
    Happy Birthday Jenn. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I hope you have a great day.

Okay so its here. The Big FIVE OH. Half a freakin century. Yes I am completely wierded out by the fact that I am that old. It just can't be me. I am young, crazy, adventurous ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:noway:

So I have been busting my butt. I have discovered that I am almost always just a tad sore but in a good way. I love the new strength training I am doing and my cardio is just getting stronger and stronger. My day starts with ChaLean extreme, then I do the shred and then I do my EA Active challenge. Then I am on the treadmill either on or two hours. I may have a Zumba or other cardio on the days I only do one hour. then right before dinner I walk one more hour. all of this just to burn 1000-1300 Monday thru Friday. I love it. Of course when and if I am employed again that will all change. I hope you all have a great day and make great choices. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

PS. Jenn and I have the same birthday.
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I've lost 3 lbs as of this morning. IDK if I can lose 2 more by the end of the month cause my birthday is Tuesday, pretty sure there will be drinking this weekend :O. I'll try to make it as light as possible!
  • katieann2
    katieann2 Posts: 26
    Options
    :happy: GREAT JOB, Bbnuke

Hope to make mine, the 31st.
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Happy Birthday to You!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Happy Birthday to You!:drinker: :flowerforyou:

Than you very much.
  • caropowell
    caropowell Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to Robin & Jenn!!!:flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Alright, it's time for me to come clean....
    I have been binging this entire week :sad:

I am not sure what has gotten into me. I have been incredibly stressed with obligations I have to certain family members and friends. I have been using food for comfort. I haven't hit a point like this since I started this journey in January, and I am having trouble turning it around! I am nervous about my weigh-in tomorrow but I have to face the scale.

I hope the rest of you are doing better than I am!
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU JENN AND ROBIN. THINKING OF YOU AND HOPING THAT YOU ARE HAVING A HECK OF A CELEBRATION!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    No birthday celebrations for me this week but have had three school dinners to attend in the evening. all these end of year wrap up meals and fun saying good bye. I have been trying my best to make healthy choices and avoiding the dessert tables. I did take a bit or two from my husbands plate but that is better than piling on a big plate of desserts to eat by myself. so I am proud of me and my willpower.
    Have a good Friday. I'll weigh in later and let you know the results. Phyljen:heart::heart:
  • shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    May 1: 165
    May 7: 164
    May 14: 161.6
    May 21: 162.2
    May 28: 160.6

Happy Friday Morning! I have REALLY been struggling the last couple of weeks! I am having a hard time getting my exercise in and eating right. I am close to my 5 lb. goal for the month so hopefully, I can lose that .6 in the next couple of days. :smile: Congratulations to everyone who has already made their 5 lb. goal for the month!
  • fivefatcats
    fivefatcats Posts: 368
    Options
    Happy birthday Jenn and Robin!!

Well . . . my California motivation may be gone - they may send another employee for the training :sad:
    But - I have sworn not to sabotage myself in spite of not going to CA.

The good news: I was down a few weeks ago to 177, ballooned to 190 earlier this week and am recovering some lost ground - weighing in today at 183.6. So I am hopeful to get back under 180 by the triathlon next Sunday 6/6 and maybe back to my low by the 10K 6/12 before embarking on my HCG phase.

At least I am back in my "medium" scrub pants instead of the larges I have been wearing again for the last two (very undisciplined) weeks.

Have a great (disciplined) holiday weekend everyone and I'll see you in the June thread for continued successes!!!!

Traci
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's Friday!! And I'm not going anywhere near my scale til Aunt Flow's visit is over (still bloated).

I went to the library yesterday and picked up two of the Hungry Girl cookbook's, and I'm not impressed. Most of the recipes that I thought I'd like use stuff like Splenda, Lite Cool-Whip, Egg-Beaters....all the processed stuff I'm trying to get away from, maybe I can substitute some of the ingredients.

Hope everyone has a Great holiday week-end!!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's Friday!! And I'm not going anywhere near my scale til Aunt Flow's visit is over (still bloated).

I went to the library yesterday and picked up two of the Hungry Girl cookbook's, and I'm not impressed. Most of the recipes that I thought I'd like use stuff like Splenda, Lite Cool-Whip, Egg-Beaters....all the processed stuff I'm trying to get away from, maybe I can substitute some of the ingredients.

Hope everyone has a Great holiday week-end!!!
    I'm considering to just weigh myself tomorrow morning and not log it as my TOM(which use to be almost non-exsistant) is STILL sticking around... so maybe I'll just weigh in so I know how much but wait til the day it stops and re-weigh (and measure) myself and log it then.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend all!! I'm headed to the Lake of the Ozarks tomorrow for some fishing and boating and soaking up some sun :D See ya all in June's thread!! Xoxoxox Bru