Lose 5 Pounds A Month- May 2010 Challenge

Options
1171819202123»

Replies

• rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    WOW, what a week-end! I was afraid to get on the scale this morning......still 139, not bad considering all the great food we had over the last three days.

This morning I started calorie cycling, thought I'd try something new to get past 139, today is a low cal day and high protien low carb (good thing after the high calorie week-end), but I have no idea what kind of snacks would work. So, if anyone would like to throw some ideas out there I'd be thankful.

string cheese
    lowfat cottage cheese with blueberries
    pb on half an apple
  • animechic23
    Options
    Well I think I did pretty darned good considering I didnt start the challenge till the middle of may. My may starting challenge weight was 233.6 and my current weight is 230.4. 3.2 ib lose! Way to go me! And congrats to everyone else.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    WOW, what a week-end! I was afraid to get on the scale this morning......still 139, not bad considering all the great food we had over the last three days.

This morning I started calorie cycling, thought I'd try something new to get past 139, today is a low cal day and high protien low carb (good thing after the high calorie week-end), but I have no idea what kind of snacks would work. So, if anyone would like to throw some ideas out there I'd be thankful.

string cheese
    lowfat cottage cheese with blueberries
    pb on half an apple

I didn't even think of cottge cheese or PB! Thanks!!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Well I think I did pretty darned good considering I didnt start the challenge till the middle of may. My may starting challenge weight was 233.6 and my current weight is 230.4. 3.2 ib lose! Way to go me! And congrats to everyone else.

Great Job!! Congrats!!:drinker:
  • happy_heather121
    happy_heather121 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Is it June Challenge time yet?! I want a clean slate :) I think i lost oh, i dunno, 1.5lbs in May...guh.

I'm with you girl! I have beens stuck around this weight for almost a year! I'm not sure what's going on. Better luck in the month of June!

Heather
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options
    SW April 11th: 240lbs

May 3rd: 230lbs
    May 10th: 230lbs
    May 17th: 227lbs
    May 24th: 223lbs

CW May 31th: 218lbs

GW May 31st: 225lbs - Met and exceeded!

Total weight loss for May: 12 pounds!! Wow I blew it out of the water this month.

Wow is RIGHT! Good job!

I'm also ready to start June's challenge. Has anyone started it yet?
  • evaeva28
    evaeva28 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I hope you guys had a great weekend! Well I started this challenge on 5/3 at the weight of 208 and today I am 202.5. Woo Hoo!! I was a little worried that I wouldn't make the goal but I did and then some!! 5.5 lbs down!! only 3 lbs before I am below 200 which is my first goal!! I am hoping to get to that goal by the middle of next week! Great Job everyone!!! I am ready for June's challenge now!! :o)
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I am back. I was down to almost 173 on Saturday and after a bad eating day Sunday and Monday I am starting the month at 175 once again. Hopefully it is mostly water weight from the salty foods eaten this weekend. So here is the link for the June challenge. Hope everyone can meet up with us there!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/99431-lose-5-pounds-a-month-june-2010-challenge

I have been yo-yoing in the mid 170's for a few months now. I need to get serious this month.

Weekends have always been my week point. They mess up my routine. This month will be especially hard. One weekend we will be staying at a hotel. One weekend is a 2 day swim meet which means a lot of sitting around. I need to start planning a head so the weekends do not drag my hard effort all week down.

See you on the June thread

Terri
  • caropowell
    caropowell Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone on their weight losses in May!

I didn't quite make my goal, but given that I've been struggling with motivation in the last few weeks, I'm happy with my 4.3 pounds! I am ready for a new start in June. I pushed myself out of bed this morning and went to the gym. I did Week 4, Day 2 of Couch to 10K and burned 508 calories. :happy:

I've also changed my ultimate goal weight to a number that I think is more realistic given my body type and how I've looked at various weights in the past. That helped because it's not as far away.

SW: 197.4
    5/1/10: 171.7
    5/10/10: 168.5
    5/17/10: 168.3
    5/24/10: 167.3
    5/31/10: 167.4
    GW for 5/31/10: 166
    Ultimate goal weight: 145

May weight loss: 4.3
  • happy_heather121
    happy_heather121 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Can we do the challenge in June too? It's really motivating! I'm hoping to lose at least 5 this month. Who's with me!?

SW March 2009: 152 lbs

June 1: 141.8

GW May 30th: 136.8 lbs

Ultimate Goal 130 lbs.
  • caropowell
    caropowell Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Can we do the challenge in June too? It's really motivating! I'm hoping to lose at least 5 this month. Who's with me!?

Here's the link to the June Challenge that Terri included in her last post:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/99431-lose-5-pounds-a-month-june-2010-challenge