How is doing c25k? Lets support each other

Options

Replies

• beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    It was fun volunteering at the college. Interesting to pick out the points the students had been taught to emphasise & to compare their different styles. One or two will make quite charismatic instructors with a bit more practice I think. Nice to see that "in embryo" as it were..... :smile:
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Great job beattie!!! I did the same week and day last night. No more intervals for us! What do you think about that?
  • ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am on week 1 Day 3. Tried to do it tonight since I did day 2 on Thursday. Saturday and Sunday I did free run/walk with out the app trying to best my mile times on the treadmill. Went today to do day three and I was done after .5 miles. Really should have done the rest day like they suggested. I also got to focused on trying to beat my mile time.
  • cassienewquist
    cassienewquist Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Did W5 D3!!!!!!!! Huge accomplishment, as I had skipped it before and moved to week 6. Tonight, I DID IT!!!!!!!!!! And it is hugely thanks to you on here who have given me great advice. I SLOWED DOWN!!! I could hardly believe it as I neared 20 minutes, I was tearing up on the treadmill and did drop a tear on the drive home from the gym. Very emotional moment and I am so grateful for MFP!!!
  • beattie1
    Options
    Great job beattie!!! I did the same week and day last night. No more intervals for us! What do you think about that?

:happy: :happy: :happy:
    I realised we were on the same runs too!
    "No intervals" sounds tiring to me!! But we've done it once before & can do it again.
    I've found every step up on the program a challenge - good job they're small steps!

I have a slightly sore knee and a puffy ankle after yesterday's run, so I'm probably going to take an extra rest day before hitting W6D3. You carry right on without me, Maureen! *waves as you run into the distance* I haven't looked up your profile but you look a lot younger than I am! :wink:
  • beattie1
    Options
    I am on week 1 Day 3. Tried to do it tonight since I did day 2 on Thursday. Saturday and Sunday I did free run/walk with out the app trying to best my mile times on the treadmill. Went today to do day three and I was done after .5 miles. Really should have done the rest day like they suggested. I also got to focused on trying to beat my mile time.

I'd suggest taking the rests as advised. Also don't focus on speed, it hits your endurance when you're a beginner. You need to build "keeping-going" time first, speed comes later with practice, so it says here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/398883-tips-tricks
  • beattie1
    Options
    Did W5 D3!!!!!!!! Huge accomplishment, as I had skipped it before and moved to week 6. Tonight, I DID IT!!!!!!!!!! And it is hugely thanks to you on here who have given me great advice. I SLOWED DOWN!!! I could hardly believe it as I neared 20 minutes, I was tearing up on the treadmill and did drop a tear on the drive home from the gym. Very emotional moment and I am so grateful for MFP!!!

*bouncing up and down with happiness for you!* :happy:

Well done, that's a HUGE milestone! :D I'm tearing up too! :drinker:
    That's three of us on week 6 together, now!
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    week 2 day 2 tomorrow .... have to say that I am enjoying the challenge immensely ... never thought in a mililon years that I would ever run, and in fact I had been putting off doing C25K for ages (mainly due to an injury that took like forever to heal!!) ... now I am chomping at the bit so to speak - but am not going to make the mistake of jumping ahead as I want to pace myself and complete the full course. I just wish that those who are holding back from trying would just take the plunge and do it - after all what is there to lose apart from weight :bigsmile:
  • cassienewquist
    Options

That's awesome, 3 of us on week 6!! I feel pretty bad *kitten*, and you guys are too!! Probably not attempting until end of the week because I am super sore and I will be putting in longer days at work all week.
  • xlipservicex
    xlipservicex Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Can I join you all?

My best friend and I started running at the beginning of July. We are doing something very similar in a park by our house (except instead of timing we are looking at distance, we pick a spot and run to it and then walk for a bit and then do the same thing over and every time we run a little further and cut down our rest period) we have been going 6 days a week and one of those days is strictly a walking day so we run 5x a week :)
  • astralweeks82
    astralweeks82 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    So I'm hitting the gym tonight and supposed to be doing week 6, day 1! Interested to see how it goes after my 20 minute run!
  • cassienewquist
    Options
    the more the merrier!!! From what i have learned myself and read on here, running 3x a week with rest days is the best way to go. Are you using the couch 2 5K app though?

I think week 6 is going to be a piece of cake!! But I have done W6D1 about 4 times because I couldn't finish W5D3. All I can see now is forward progress!!
  • ThatOperaGirl
    ThatOperaGirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I finished week six today! Super stoked :bigsmile: Funnily enough, running for 25 minutes was quite a bit easier than the week five 20 minute run ... I guess it's true that the mental side of running makes a big difference. For me, knowing that I had already successfully run for 20 minutes straight made running for "just five more minutes!" a lot less intimidating. Bring on week seven!
  • DLC1978
    DLC1978 Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Way to go cnewquist!! We knew you could do it! So glad slowing down helped you achieve success... We can worry about speed later :)
  • DLC1978
    DLC1978 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Can I join you all?

My best friend and I started running at the beginning of July. We are doing something very similar in a park by our house (except instead of timing we are looking at distance, we pick a spot and run to it and then walk for a bit and then do the same thing over and every time we run a little further and cut down our rest period) we have been going 6 days a week and one of those days is strictly a walking day so we run 5x a week :)

This is an open forum, so YES! please join us and share your successes (and challenges). Have you an your friend looked at any of the C25K apps?
  • beattie1
    Options
    The more the merrier! We all just arrived and jumped in on an existing thread - which is what it was started for, I believe :-)

And I think Astralweeks makes it four of us on week 6 now! Great! :-)
  • astralweeks82
    astralweeks82 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Yep beattie, was just coming here to say I finished W6D1 tonight! My calves were a little sore though, it was a bit hard to get through but I did it! Everyone else is doing awesome, keep it up :)
  • hmhteacher
    hmhteacher Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. You guys are doing great! I just started c25k. I'm on w1d3 ( will do this on Thursday). So glad I found this thread. I am signing up on Friday for a Color Run on September 21 and refuse to quit or fail this time. I have started c25k twice before but never with the determination and weight loss that I have this time.

Happy running????
  • xlipservicex
    xlipservicex Posts: 54 Member
    Options

This is an open forum, so YES! please join us and share your successes (and challenges). Have you an your friend looked at any of the C25K apps?

we have!! my friend has a mountain of health issues so running isn't always possible for her, I usually run and then walk back to her and then run again when I catch my breath. I have tried the app a few times it's pretty handy! I just haven't tried it consistently.

I have noticed though that I have been running further and having shorter recovery times so I think I'm improving :)

Thanks for letting me in!! If anyone is looking for pals feel free to add me! I'm also using Runkeeper to track my runs and compare them and I have a Fitbit :)
  • LindaGTaylor
    LindaGTaylor Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have been sick with a sinus infection the last few days so I have not done any running. I will be going out this morning to see if I can get a run in.