How is doing c25k? Lets support each other

Options

Replies

• Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Id like to join too! I have tried c25k in the past and have never finished. I would really like to have a go at it again since I've always wanted to run a 5k and there is a color run near me in September :) One question though if anyone can help... I usually stop doing it because it starts to hurt my knees. What could I be doing wrong here?

Have you been fitted for running shoes? You could be landing wrong with your foot. Getting the right shoe can help correct this. Also, try googling proper running form and watch a few videos. :)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    bumping....
  • Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I should be done, but I fell and hurt my knee during week 7. So I took a week off and decided to go back to week 6 since it had walking breaks. Just completed w7d2. Last couple of minutes suck, but I just remind myself of how good I feel when I finish and my mind easily gets through it.

I switched over to the c210k app and figure I will just keep going. Right now I am really enjoying it and even find myself daydreaming about going out running when I'm at work. I am SHOCKED at the difference this program has made.
  • kita_254
    kita_254 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 2 Day 3 and so far I'm loving it! Please feel free to add me! I might need a bit mire support as I get further along. I have been doing the running portion at 6.0 on the treadmill. I'll decrease that if it gets too difficult. Good luck to everyone on this journey!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Options
    Just did W8D1. It was hard, but I did it.

Holy moley I am almost done!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Bump to find new thread!
    Well done Joreanasaurou - you're nearly there. I hope to join you soon.
  • beattie1
    Options
    I've just finished week 6 with a 25 minute run. I chose a route that I could map on Google - some of the paths I use aren't recorded on Google maps & it doesn't seem to allow you to go "cross country" without a path. I find that I ran 1.9 miles in my 25 minutes. I've used a conversion program & that's 13 minutes per mile or 4.56 miles per hour. Not speedy, but I did do 210 feet of climb and descent in there too. And as my OH points out - there was a matchstick I hurdled too.... :laugh:

Now on to week 7 and building up the time and speed.
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I've just finished week 6 with a 25 minute run. I chose a route that I could map on Google - some of the paths I use aren't recorded on Google maps & it doesn't seem to allow you to go "cross country" without a path. I find that I ran 1.9 miles in my 25 minutes. I've used a conversion program & that's 13 minutes per mile or 4.56 miles per hour. Not speedy, but I did do 210 feet of climb and descent in there too. And as my OH points out - there was a matchstick I hurdled too.... :laugh:

Have a look at map my run, great website. I have so many routes marked out with them lol You can even go ' cross country' by taking a tick out :smile:
  • shinimul
    shinimul Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just wanted to come on here to give you a bit of an inspirational story. I did C25K just over two years ago and since then I have done many 5k, 10k, 8 mile races and most recently I completed the Paris marathon. I have to say that two years ago when doing this programme I did not imagine that two years later I will be running a marathon. I also joined a running club the last week of the programme and I think if I had not of joined that I would not have been running today. Through the club I have also met some amazing friends so I do advise if you are up to 5k distance look out for running club in your area and join. And well done to you all for getting up there and out. It doesn't matter what speed you are at, you are up and out doing it. Well done xxx
  • DLC1978
    DLC1978 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I should be done, but I fell and hurt my knee during week 7. So I took a week off and decided to go back to week 6 since it had walking breaks. Just completed w7d2. Last couple of minutes suck, but I just remind myself of how good I feel when I finish and my mind easily gets through it.

I switched over to the c210k app and figure I will just keep going. Right now I am really enjoying it and even find myself daydreaming about going out running when I'm at work. I am SHOCKED at the difference this program has made.

I am going to continue on to the 10K as well... I figured I would just switch when I complete week 8 next week. I think about running quite a bit during the day, too, while I am sitting on my butt at my desk :)
  • Joreanasaurous
    Options

I am going to continue on to the 10K as well... I figured I would just switch when I complete week 8 next week. I think about running quite a bit during the day, too, while I am sitting on my butt at my desk :)

I want to do the 10k one too after I finish. After I finish C25K I want to focus on that for a bit and when I get confident with that start on the bridge to 10k.
  • susanskram
    susanskram Posts: 10
    Options
    Just finished W3D2 run yesterday. I always seem to have more problem with the first run of the outing than the last. Odd, isn't it? I'd love any new friends working on C25K to feel free to add me!

I've started and stopped the program probably 5 times...this time I'm sticking with it!
  • SarahRose35
    SarahRose35 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 1 (: I'm loving it so far! I would love to do a 5k sometime in the future
  • beattie1
    Options

Have a look at map my run, great website. I have so many routes marked out with them lol You can even go ' cross country' by taking a tick out :smile:

Thanks for that! I had a look at map my run before but there seems to be nothing recorded where I live (out in the sticks), I don't have a smart phone - do I need one to add data to the website? I'm old and technologically challenged & can't see how to make it work.
  • beattie1
    Options
    Just finished W3D2 run yesterday. I always seem to have more problem with the first run of the outing than the last. Odd, isn't it? I'd love any new friends working on C25K to feel free to add me!

I've started and stopped the program probably 5 times...this time I'm sticking with it!

I get this! The worst part for me is about 1 minute in, when my brain starts telling me to stop!! After about 5 minutes I'm more into it and can just go on autopilot.
  • Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options

At first I really didn't want to move to the 10K but just work on speed. But since the c25K program is working I thought...why change now?

Only thing 35 mins is a lot easier to fit into the schedule than 60-70. AND I feel like I want to run every day now. So at some point I may want to just do the short runs more often.
  • Momma2CharlieJane
    Momma2CharlieJane Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    W1D2 tomorrow morning!!! I had some tightness in my upper leg muscles and am trying to make sure I get my water in. I think that has been helping. I hope tomorrow goes as well as W1D1 went.
  • DLC1978
    Options
    W1D2 tomorrow morning!!! I had some tightness in my upper leg muscles and am trying to make sure I get my water in. I think that has been helping. I hope tomorrow goes as well as W1D1 went.

Can't wait to hear how it went!!
  • DLC1978
    Options
    Week 7 Day 3 done this morning! 2.12 miles, average speed 5.03 mph (11:56 min/mi) for the 25 minute run... I will take it! Only 3 days left :)
  • DLC1978
    Options
    Only thing 35 mins is a lot easier to fit into the schedule than 60-70. AND I feel like I want to run every day now. So at some point I may want to just do the short runs more often.

I hear you on the increased time thing! I am doing it outside in the AM and it will be a challenge. I am planning to keep one of the days on the weekend and the other 2 during the week. Then, my plan is to work on speed and hills on 1 or 2 of the non-10K training days (therefore keeping the workout time to 35-40 minutes).