How is doing c25k? Lets support each other

Options

Replies

• JustMyImagiNAYtion
    JustMyImagiNAYtion Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You're supposed to have at least one rest day between each c25k session. So wait until at least tomorrow before doing your next run/jog session.

I'm suspect that if you're working 10-18 hours a day for weeks at a time you're getting one heck of a lot of exercise (unless you're sitting down for ALL of that time) so go gently on yourself. You need your rest - extra exercise could wait til the fire's out.

Kudos to you for starting under these conditions though! :drinker:

I primarily am just driving.. so that's why I've been so antsy to exercise! Thanks!
  • JustMyImagiNAYtion
    JustMyImagiNAYtion Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I just heard of this programme yesterday, and then today while doing a general "exercise so that I can eat more later" walk/run I came across a poster advertising a 5k run that's exactly 9 weeks away... seems like it's meant to be! So I've just downloaded an app and tomorrow I'll get started on this.

It's a bit daunting, because thus far my general goal has been to become able to run 1k without stopping, something I don't think I've ever been able to do in my life. At this point 5k just seems impossible, but I'll try :)

You can do this.
    I started this program at 260lbs, and *Never* ran before in my life.. I used to fake my period to get out of gym class.
    It has taken me a little more time then 8 weeks because of set backs, but I am on week 7, and feeling SO amazing because I have proved to myself I can do this.
    You can do this.

nice! This give me hope! I'm totally not a runner.. but im starting out around 255 and I hope to have success as you have! Thanks for sharing! :)
  • Otrogen
    Otrogen Posts: 65
    Options
    I'm doing c25k =D. Week 5 day 2 here, and so far I've been able to keep task with the days and haven't had to add in any. I usually go a bit above and beyond. So for instance, for week 4, instead of doing 3-5-3-5 with running, I'll do 3-5-5-5 or something similar. I screwed up on week 2 and accidentally did run 90, walk 60 instead of run 90 walk 120, and I didn't want to lose that hard-earned endurance, so I try to do a bit more every time as long as I still feel good xD. I run at snail's pace, of course, but at least I'm running!

Good luck to all of you!
  • sarah32lee
    sarah32lee Posts: 5,279 Member
    Options
    w1 done!! starting week 2 on monday!! :)
  • Eeyore255
    Eeyore255 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all, count me in, too! Doing w3d3 today. I'm 2 months postpartum, but before the baby, I never made it past week 2.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'm having to take a back seat for a while as my knee pain is getting worse. :-( I did week 8 day 1 today, and, while going uphill wasn't too bad, I had to walk/limp down the other side. I've been googling & rest is the only thing that's going to work. I hope it gets better soon, then I'll be back to have another go in a few weeks I hope. At least I know that I can do it!
  • TeeJay2512
    TeeJay2512 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Hope its ok to join the thread - started C25K yesterday so am a complete newbie!! Feeling good and positive about the program!
  • Crazeemaz
    Options
    Hiya

I am hoping to start week 1, workout 1 tonight when I get home from work.

I am hoping that this approach will help me get back into jogging/running. Many years ago and many pounds less I ran 2 half marathons and I used to love going out for a jog. Now I can barely run half a mile without huffing and puffing and sweating loads.

Bought a sports watch with a stopwatch function at the weekend so I am already to go ;)
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Hope its ok to join the thread - started C25K yesterday so am a complete newbie!! Feeling good and positive about the program!

Absolutely! Welcome to the thread and come back to keep us updated on your progress! :) oh! And have run and best of luck.
  • Momma2CharlieJane
    Momma2CharlieJane Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Completed w2d3 yesterday. Week 3 is looking a little rough for me. I have to say that w2d3 was the hardest of the three days. w3d1 is the plan for tomorrow! Welcome to all the newbies and congrats to the ones who have moved on to the next week.
  • DLC1978
    DLC1978 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm having to take a back seat for a while as my knee pain is getting worse. :-( I did week 8 day 1 today, and, while going uphill wasn't too bad, I had to walk/limp down the other side. I've been googling & rest is the only thing that's going to work. I hope it gets better soon, then I'll be back to have another go in a few weeks I hope. At least I know that I can do it!

Sounds like rest is the best for you beattie... :frown:

Try to stay active (even just walking) and I am sure you will pick up close to where you left off!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

Sounds like rest is the best for you beattie... :frown:

Try to stay active (even just walking) and I am sure you will pick up close to where you left off!

Thanks DLC! I'm hoping to not lose too much fitness while I rest my knee. At the moment it's troublesome just walking - except when that's up a gentle slope. I think when I make it back to c25k I'll have to spend at least 2 weeks on each level - and weighing a bit less would help, of course!! Next time I'll know from the outset that I CAN do it!!
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Week 2, Day 2 here!
  • carashirley
    carashirley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Was supposed to go to the gym yesterday to do Day 3 of Wk 1 but my shins were giving me fits and I didn't want to risk an injury so I didn't go. Will be doing Day 3 of Wk 1 & Day 1 Wk 2 in 2 consecutive days, but oh well! Since I am starting a bootcamp class next Monday and plan on doing C25K on my off days from bootcamp I don't wanna get off track!!
  • TraciDeAnne
    TraciDeAnne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started last week but I had to stop so many times due to cramps in my calves that I'm repeating Week 1. (This is actually the 5th or 6th time I've attempted C25K, but I'm putting those failures behind me! :)) I'm running mostly on a treadmill for now and using the Get Running app on my phone.
  • Momma2CharlieJane
    Momma2CharlieJane Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    W3d1 is complete. It was tough for me. Hoping to get some hill walking in today to see if I can stretch my calves a bit. That is giving me the toughest time. I really need to force myself to get in some more stretching before I go out. W3d2 on Thursday. Great job everyone!!
  • mgleason01
    mgleason01 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I.DID.IT!!!!! I am officially a C25K graduate! 30 min run this morning = 2.55 miles (5 mph average). I took a little different route so I couldn't 'see' how much farther I had to go... I felt so much better than Wednesday!

Now, I am going to pick up the 10K training program as well as work on increasing my speed. I may not quite get the 3 days/week of the prescribed program because of time constraints, but I am committing to running at least 3 days/week. I am signed up for a half marathon relay (my part is 6.6 miles) at the end of October!

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to join the ranks!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    W3d1 is complete. It was tough for me. Hoping to get some hill walking in today to see if I can stretch my calves a bit. That is giving me the toughest time. I really need to force myself to get in some more stretching before I go out. W3d2 on Thursday. Great job everyone!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=7AmJdqLnM0Q

Try something like this for a pre stretch. :) This is what I do pretty much and it has made a huge difference.
  • sarah32lee
    sarah32lee Posts: 5,279 Member
    Options
    W2d1 done yesterday!! :)
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Way to go Sarah32lee!:smile: