How is doing c25k? Lets support each other

Options

Replies

• beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is week 8 day 3 for me !

Almost there!! :smile: Are you doing the 8 week or the 9 week plan?
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    beattie, I am doing the 8 week program :)
  • beattie1
    Options
    :happy: Nearly there.....
  • vzgregg
    vzgregg Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    W2D3...will have to repeat the day tomorrow since i plan on running 4 days this week. pace was fairly good for the runs...for me. kinda nervous about starting week 3 as it has a 3 minute run in there. i don't think i've run a full three minutes (or more) since college.
  • DMicheleC
    DMicheleC Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi guys just to let you know I managed w5d3, did the full 20 minutes on my second go, so I will be moving onto w6d1 tomorrow, wish me luck :)
  • beattie1
    Options
    Hi guys just to let you know I managed w5d3, did the full 20 minutes on my second go, so I will be moving onto w6d1 tomorrow, wish me luck :)
    CONGRATULATIONS!! :happy: That's a big step :drinker:
  • mgleason01
    mgleason01 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 5 and I mostly run outside. It's taking a while to build up my endurance - well longer than I expected. Prior to April 29th of this year, I had pretty much led a sedentary lifestyle. But since then I've been working out at least 3 days a week (except during vacation). I knew I would need longer than 9 weeks but not this long...lol.

I am able to do Week 5 on the treadmill without having to break but outside with hills is a different story; I'm close but not there. Though I'm a little disappointed in how long its taking to progress thru each week, I am committed and I am proud of myself for consistently working out! I want to be able to run my first 5K this October but I don't know. I will wait and see how I feel at the end of August.

Keep up the good work everyone!!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 5 and I mostly run outside. It's taking a while to build up my endurance - well longer than I expected. Prior to April 29th of this year, I had pretty much led a sedentary lifestyle. But since then I've been working out at least 3 days a week (except during vacation). I knew I would need longer than 9 weeks but not this long...lol.

I am able to do Week 5 on the treadmill without having to break but outside with hills is a different story; I'm close but not there. Though I'm a little disappointed in how long its taking to progress thru each week, I am committed and I am proud of myself for consistently working out! I want to be able to run my first 5K this October but I don't know. I will wait and see how I feel at the end of August.

Just remember you are lapping everyone on the couch! The fact that you tried and then decided to stick with it is a huge achievement by itself! Great job. :)
  • mgleason01
    Options
    Thank you @ Joreansarou!
  • beattie1
    Options

You're making a super difference to your health and stamina mgleason. How long you take is neither here nor there. Why not enter for the 5k anyway? It will give you a milestone to train for and I'm sure that if you need to take a few walking breaks while you do it you won't be the only one.
  • mgleason01
    Options

You're making a super difference to your health and stamina mgleason. How long you take is neither here nor there. Why not enter for the 5k anyway? It will give you a milestone to train for and I'm sure that if you need to take a few walking breaks while you do it you won't be the only one.

Thanks for the positive words and encouragement! I think I will sign-up and use it as a training goal. My sister-n-law has signed up so I will have some support.
  • Momma2CharlieJane
    Momma2CharlieJane Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    W2D2 done! I actually thought I had one more 90 sec run to do and when the voiceover came on and said to start my cooldown I was surprised. Hopefully W2D3 goes just as well. Congrats to everyone moving up to the next day or week!
  • DLC1978
    DLC1978 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I.DID.IT!!!!! I am officially a C25K graduate! 30 min run this morning = 2.55 miles (5 mph average). I took a little different route so I couldn't 'see' how much farther I had to go... I felt so much better than Wednesday!

Now, I am going to pick up the 10K training program as well as work on increasing my speed. I may not quite get the 3 days/week of the prescribed program because of time constraints, but I am committing to running at least 3 days/week. I am signed up for a half marathon relay (my part is 6.6 miles) at the end of October!
  • Momma2CharlieJane
    Momma2CharlieJane Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I am so looking forward to the day I can say the same. What an accomplishment!!! Good luck with the 10K training program and your half marathon relay. :flowerforyou:
  • beattie1
    Options
    I.DID.IT!!!!! I am officially a C25K graduate! 30 min run this morning = 2.55 miles (5 mph average). I took a little different route so I couldn't 'see' how much farther I had to go... I felt so much better than Wednesday!

Now, I am going to pick up the 10K training program as well as work on increasing my speed. I may not quite get the 3 days/week of the prescribed program because of time constraints, but I am committing to running at least 3 days/week. I am signed up for a half marathon relay (my part is 6.6 miles) at the end of October!

Congratulations DLC1978!! I'm really impressed! It's nice to vary the route a bit - I'm glad it was better today.

I have 2 more weeks to complete to graduate too. Do you have a link for your 10k program? Good luck with the relay marathon :happy:
  • JustMyImagiNAYtion
    JustMyImagiNAYtion Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am currently supporting a burning Wildfire on my forest right now so I have been working 12 days straight 10-18hr shifts.. so needless to say i am EXHAUSTED! However, i want to lose weight more than i care about being sleepy.. so after waking up at 5am.. to attempt to do day 1 before my 7am shift... and then going back to sleep because i convinced myself- #1.. it was too dark for me to go outside alone, and #2- i was too tired to get up... i went to work .. worked a 14 hr shift.. and committed to comign home and getting it done... and all that was said to say that I....

Completed Week 1 Day 1 yesterday!!

Now, do I do Day 2 today or skip a day?
  • beattie1
    Options
    You're supposed to have at least one rest day between each c25k session. So wait until at least tomorrow before doing your next run/jog session.

I'm suspect that if you're working 10-18 hours a day for weeks at a time you're getting one heck of a lot of exercise (unless you're sitting down for ALL of that time) so go gently on yourself. You need your rest - extra exercise could wait til the fire's out.

Kudos to you for starting under these conditions though! :drinker:
  • bouuncyball
    bouuncyball Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just heard of this programme yesterday, and then today while doing a general "exercise so that I can eat more later" walk/run I came across a poster advertising a 5k run that's exactly 9 weeks away... seems like it's meant to be! So I've just downloaded an app and tomorrow I'll get started on this.

It's a bit daunting, because thus far my general goal has been to become able to run 1k without stopping, something I don't think I've ever been able to do in my life. At this point 5k just seems impossible, but I'll try :)
  • CandiceChaCha
    Options
    I just finished W7D1 yesterday!

I can't believe I am making my body do this! It's amazing really.
    I don't think my body has EVER worked this hard! I have sweat pouring off of me by the end of these sessions, but it's so worth it! I feel amazing!
  • CandiceChaCha
    Options
    I just heard of this programme yesterday, and then today while doing a general "exercise so that I can eat more later" walk/run I came across a poster advertising a 5k run that's exactly 9 weeks away... seems like it's meant to be! So I've just downloaded an app and tomorrow I'll get started on this.

It's a bit daunting, because thus far my general goal has been to become able to run 1k without stopping, something I don't think I've ever been able to do in my life. At this point 5k just seems impossible, but I'll try :)

You can do this.
    I started this program at 260lbs, and *Never* ran before in my life.. I used to fake my period to get out of gym class.
    It has taken me a little more time then 8 weeks because of set backs, but I am on week 7, and feeling SO amazing because I have proved to myself I can do this.
    You can do this.