Black Team week ? -- Pollyanna Challenge

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Well, good news, bad news-- I laid down after dinner on my bed, after logging my dinner, knowing I was over calories which would've been taken care of by my scheduled 5 mile run-- and I passed out.

Had a lovely 3 hour nap. !!!

Since I burn the candle routinely at both ends, and am wayyyyyyyy bogged down with water right now, again, the nap was much needed. So, I'll rejoice for the sleep.

Hubs and I are going to watch House and go to bed. Tomorrow will be a full day-- must get the run in tomorrow, and get caught up on my weekend typing. Monday morning will be here before I know it.

So, tonight, I'm thankful for much needed rest.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Well, if you believe the rumors-- my son left my home this day, minus his car because he didn't work out the insurance crud yet, with nowhere to go-- and immediately sought out drugs.

A friend of my daughters saw him hanging out at a local convenience store--

Prayers coveted for my boy-- he is a mess.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Well, if you believe the rumors-- my son left my home this day, minus his car because he didn't work out the insurance crud yet, with nowhere to go-- and immediately sought out drugs.

MArla- My thought and prayers goes out to your family I know it must be hard to deal with..I will pray that God sends him in the right directions!!!

So my sleeping in wasn't what it used to be..Sleep in meant 8 or 9 ok, so tell me why at 445 my eyes popped open and I laid there and finally at 630 woke up..I guess my body really does like its routine!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    So my sleeping in wasn't what it used to be..Sleep in meant 8 or 9 ok, so tell me why at 445 my eyes popped open and I laid there and finally at 630 woke up..I guess my body really does like its routine!!

We didn't get home until 1:00 AM from our night out, I drank WAY more than I have in a long time and I was wide awake at 6:00. So annoying. I stayed in bed, well, minus the 3 trips to pee, until 7:45 or so, couldn't fall back to sleep, but oh how I wanted to. Now that I am up and sitting in the chair I feel incredibly sleepy, but I really doubt I will sleep anymore even if I go back to bed.

This getting old stuff is crappy.....on so many levels!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Well I hopped on the scale yesterday morning after 2 wks of 'being good'. Beech was up to 139.5:noway: Highest in a year!

The thought of flipping into the 140s literally turned my stomach.

BUT WAIT>............................I came here, read up again on how we fluctuate. Ate well yesterday and by well I mean foods that are good for me, not just under calories.

This morning I am 137.

I decided if I am not honest with myself, nothing will ever get accomplished. So, I changed my ticker:sad: I now have 12 pounds to lose!!!

NOW my pollyanna moment.........begrudgingly..............when I started 2 yrs ago this month, I had 50 lbs to lose, could not walk to the end of the street, squat to pick up an item on the floor, or lift my body with my arms to get out of bed.

Yester day I dug a trench and barely broke a sweat!!

I am happy to be where I am today with a supportive group of family/friends to help me along my journey.

:heart: :heart: Jeannie:heart::heart:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Marla, I know how you feel. I am so sorry he has chosen to take this path. To see a bright young man of good background slowly commit suicide is almost more than a mother can bear. I pray he finds a path to goodness and light.

:ohwell: Jeannie
  • Marla64
    Options
    Jeannie and Tamara-- thank you for the prayers. I just kept praying on my run, and every minute these past few months. that the Lord will claim him. I trust the promises of scripture-- train up a child in the way he should go, and in the end he will not depart from it. So, I have faith that David will one day turn from this, and be saved.

However, how much pain he will cause himself first is anyone's guess. I've done all I can for him. Nothing left to do but pray. He's not even turning to his core group of good friends anymore, instead seeking out those who will feed his dark side. I notified his friends last night that he's out there somewhere, and if he turns up, please notify me.

On a good note, I took my bloated self and ran 5 miles today. My 1/2 marathon schedule was for this run to occur yesterday, but yesterday was nuts. I got up this morning and took off by myself-- 5 miles in 57 minutes. I consider that a total victory.

Have a great day, my friends-- heading to Hope's soccer game in an hour. Beautiful day for a game--

Love to all-- Jeannie-- yes, be proud of yourself-- look how far you've come. When you get down on yourself, keep our dear friend Tamara in your head-- you're better than where you started. Woot!!!!!!

Love my friends-- have a great day.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Marla, I know how you feel. I am so sorry he has chosen to take this path. To see a bright young man of good background slowly commit suicide is almost more than a mother can bear. I pray he finds a path to goodness and light.

:ohwell: Jeannie

Marla,

Jeannie said it all. I cannot image the heart break you are going through. My prayers for your son are on their way. {{Marla}}
  • Marla64
    Options
    Thanks, Bobbi.
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Marla, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. xx
  • Marla64
    Options
    Thanks, Tanya-- appreciate everyone's prayers. He's outta my hands right now. He'll be 20 in 2 months. We've bent over backwards giving him opportunity after opportunity to succeed. He effs it up everytime-- not much more I can do. He knows he's loved, knows he won't be tolerated anymore.

Having a very productive day just the same. Had a lovely run this morning, and just spent nearly 90 minutes scouring my new 99 cent refrigerator purchased on eBay-- amazing-- just amazing. Hubs and Aaron picked it up yesterday 40 minutes away, it's 15 years old, looks brand new. Cleaned and disinfected every nook and cranny, drawer and shelf, and it's turned on and ready to cool. God's blessings are all around us my friends-- let's not dwell on the sadness....right?

OHHHH-- had to tell you the neatest thing on my run.

I left the house this morning positively thudding-- I mean, I couldn't pick up my feet for anything. Wayyy bogged down with water-- nearly 11 pounds worth since Monday again-- (but blood pressure is good, so I'm hanging in through this-- see what happens)

The new route my neighbor told me about is 5.1 miles, and takes in two hills, both which have historically killed me-- the first one, specifically. I've only made it up the hill once, and never beyond it. I've always had to stop. So here I am, plodding along, turned down the road of the first hill, looked ahead with dread-- oh, no-- here it comes. But, I'd already begun my chanting "Brown's don't stop."

I get to the base of the hill and I swear out of nowhere this woman (interestingly enough dressed in white) appeared to my left, running along side me. Now, this lady was A RUNNER. I mean, she was obviously a runner's runner-- awesome shape, and obviously slowed down to take up next to me.

She greeted me, "Good morning! Are you enjoying your run?" And we began a nice little chat. Ladies and gentlemen, I NEVER chat on my runs-- never. "Blows my concentration," I'd always whined. But, here I am, answering her questions-- kibbutzing-- she asked if I had kids-- yes, nine kids-- she said she loves to see others out here with her, loves to see people push past their limits, pushing past the 5k, happy to hear I'm training for the 1/2 in the Lehigh Valley, maybe she'll see me again on a run, blah, blah, blah-- before I know it, I'm up the hill.

I told her, "Woman, you're an angel sent from God to get me up this hill. I've never made it before." She replied, "One foot after another, right? That's all you gotta do. Have a great day," and off she went.

So I made it up that hill, made it the rest of the incline on the next road which has always kicked me in the butt, and made it up the final hill which ALWAYS kills me-- I usually avoid the route because I hate battling it.

Heading to finally start my weekend typing. Wayyyyy behind the 8-ball now, but lots to show for it. Productive weekend.

Love to all--
  • 72lori
    Options
    I am going golfing. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Haven't been out in over a year. We joined the country club, it's 2 miles from the house, no excuses. I'll have a nice walk if nothing else. :tongue: :tongue:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Thanks, Tanya-- appreciate everyone's prayers. He's outta my hands right now. He'll be 20 in 2 months. We've bent over backwards giving him opportunity after opportunity to succeed. He effs it up everytime-- not much more I can do. He knows he's loved, knows he won't be tolerated anymore.

Having a very productive day just the same. Had a lovely run this morning, and just spent nearly 90 minutes scouring my new 99 cent refrigerator purchased on eBay-- amazing-- just amazing. Hubs and Aaron picked it up yesterday 40 minutes away, it's 15 years old, looks brand new. Cleaned and disinfected every nook and cranny, drawer and shelf, and it's turned on and ready to cool. God's blessings are all around us my friends-- let's not dwell on the sadness....right?

OHHHH-- had to tell you the neatest thing on my run.

I left the house this morning positively thudding-- I mean, I couldn't pick up my feet for anything. Wayyy bogged down with water-- nearly 11 pounds worth since Monday again-- (but blood pressure is good, so I'm hanging in through this-- see what happens)

The new route my neighbor told me about is 5.1 miles, and takes in two hills, both which have historically killed me-- the first one, specifically. I've only made it up the hill once, and never beyond it. I've always had to stop. So here I am, plodding along, turned down the road of the first hill, looked ahead with dread-- oh, no-- here it comes. But, I'd already begun my chanting "Brown's don't stop."

I get to the base of the hill and I swear out of nowhere this woman (interestingly enough dressed in white) appeared to my left, running along side me. Now, this lady was A RUNNER. I mean, she was obviously a runner's runner-- awesome shape, and obviously slowed down to take up next to me.

She greeted me, "Good morning! Are you enjoying your run?" And we began a nice little chat. Ladies and gentlemen, I NEVER chat on my runs-- never. "Blows my concentration," I'd always whined. But, here I am, answering her questions-- kibbutzing-- she asked if I had kids-- yes, nine kids-- she said she loves to see others out here with her, loves to see people push past their limits, pushing past the 5k, happy to hear I'm training for the 1/2 in the Lehigh Valley, maybe she'll see me again on a run, blah, blah, blah-- before I know it, I'm up the hill.

I told her, "Woman, you're an angel sent from God to get me up this hill. I've never made it before." She replied, "One foot after another, right? That's all you gotta do. Have a great day," and off she went.

So I made it up that hill, made it the rest of the incline on the next road which has always kicked me in the butt, and made it up the final hill which ALWAYS kills me-- I usually avoid the route because I hate battling it.

Heading to finally start my weekend typing. Wayyyyy behind the 8-ball now, but lots to show for it. Productive weekend.

Love to all--

Great story Marla- Brought a huge smile to my face.

Hey team, just got back from visiting the family back in mass for beth's cousins wedding. Just wanted to check in to let you know that I wasnt flaking. Was a pretty good boy this weekend. I say "pretty good" because of the wedding.....built in pregnant designated driver + open bar all night= enough said. lol

Love you all to bits!

P.S.
    Beth and I scheduled an elective utlrasound for a gender check TOMMOROW. so we'll let you know! (I know...we are SO impatient)
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I have survived another day working on a project with my dear Ernie, and lived to tell the tale. I am not sure if it is because he is injured and cannot do what he used to..............so now he understands the difference is in others..........or just a change in attitude (bwahahahahaha....NOT) but he has been very good.

Usually he is very pissy and whines no one is doing anything. I had my HRM on so I could time and measure my 'help' provided, I was so sure of the arguments to come. I am known to throw in the towel (or throw the towel AT him) and walk away.

On one such project I walked off and went to the beach. So angry was I that I did nto apply sunscreen and had at least 2nd degree burns...Showed HIM dint I???

But last weekend and this he has been encouraging ...............Great job!! Thanks for your help! Keep up the good work!!:huh: Who the hell are you and what have you done with my husband?????

So I worked my tail off but had a lot of fun with my hubs. The hole is dug........the pipe is 1/2 in............and I am proud to have been a part of it.

Oh wait...................we still have to fill in the hole an fill in the septic tank:sick:

Oh well, guess I know where I am getting my cardio next weekend too!!!:drinker:

Hope you all had a great weekend!

:heart: :smooched: Love you, Jeannie
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Marla- Hugs and prayers to you and the fam...I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. Great story about the woman who joined you. Sometimes, people are put in our path right when we need them and that was just the case for you. :flowerforyou:

Andrew- Can't wait to hear all about the sonogram!

Got in 11 miles yesterday, and met a friend for hot yoga today...WOW. The temperature was definitely the biggest challenge for me, but I stuck it out...and LOVED it! I took advantage of the introductory offer where I get to take as many classes as I can in the next 10 days for only $25. Don't know how often I will get to go after that, as it is pretty pricy...but it is my Pollyanna for today. I'm glad I tried something new!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Golf.....:grumble: :explode: :sad: :devil: :grumble: .......like I said I got in a walk.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Lori- LOL, I have never attempted golf, glad you ahd a good walk...

Marla- Amazing story especially with what your going through

Andrew- Keep us posted..

Hey Tonya

Shauntae- Great run, glad you enjoyed the hot yoga..

So I get up yesterday morning, I know my aunts gonna leave we take her out to cracker barrel, i ate 3 biscuits 2 pecan pancakes and a order of fried apples.. I told my husband we are going to the zoo..Well I didnt know you could take your own water in there and I refused to pay 2.5 for abottle of water..needless to say it was 90 degrees outthere, for goodness sakes I had to walk off the biscuits I had just ate..So we get to the zoo around 11:15, we are having a great time...The next thing I know its like 230 pm, and I still have had no water..So we left,hit the next sonic for a route 44 water..and at this point to damn hot to eat anything, just wanted to cool off..

As we are driving my husbands phone ring, its a lady whos air conditonier is down, and she wants us to come out and fix it on a sunday evening at 5 pm..So we go..still needless to say...no food since cracker barrel,I really wasnet hungry but knew I needed to eat..So we get that service call done and his phone rings again, its another guy whos unit is down and wants us to come out right then, so now its 6 pm and his phone rings again...He put him off to today (Thanks goodness) Then my phone someone starts texting me and needs a new quote on a new unit, so we head to her house after the 6 pm call. Well everyone ya'll know I get to bed around 8 pm..Well come 830 pm we still havent eaten anything and I knew at that point if I ate something I was gonna just be shoveling it into my face, so my husband went to zaxby's and we had to go to kroger for some lunch stuff for the kids and I bught prepachaged carrots and had a pack of them and was in bed by 930..pm ....what a night what a night..Not tha I am complaining just saying..If I knew we were gonna be that busy I might have ate something when I went to sonic, btu his phone rang the first time as we were leaving from there..

Well everyone off to the gym have a fabulous day!!
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I am thankful today that the sun is shining and my lovely hubs will be home on saturday (his flight has been cancelled due to the ba strikes, but he has got a seat on another flight).

Lori - my dad always used to say that golf was a good way to ruin a good walk :laugh:

Andrew and Beth - good luck with the sonogram today. I remember being so disappointed when they told me that they thought little chris was a boy that I paid and had a private gender scan done, a plus about this is that one of the first pictures in Chris's baby album is a perfect sonogram of his bits :laugh: :laugh:

Marla - your story moved me, and personally I think that the lady was meant to be there for you, keep smiling :tongue:

Jeannie - congrats on the digging and good luck for this coming weekend

Shuntae - what is hot yoga? Sounds like you had a good weekend

Tamara - glad you had a good time at the zoo, my boys love the animals but I have enough with them everyday :laugh: :laugh:

Everyone else, happy monday and I will check babck later - need to get motor insurance quotes for the beast :grumble:
  • 72lori
    Options
    Morning gang. Happy I could post a loss this week. Last week after my weekend I was the same as the previous Monday. Now only 1.6 more pounds just to get back to my 'acceptable' high of 153. I'm feeling confident I can knock that out this week and next week be back to where I started. :ohwell: Naturally, all in time for my sister to come visit for a week and then for us to start our vacation stuff.

Also happy that my HRM showed 5534 calories burned for the week. I think that is a pretty good number and I am proud of it!

Yeserday when I was laying in the pool I was a little discouraged when I was looking at my thighs. They are, well, bleck. They have stretch marks, they have cellulite, the skin is not nice, they are flabby. They are truly my worst body part and I try not to take a good look often. After I was laying there getting down on myself I remembered Marla's challenge and tried to put it into perspective. I knew I had lost a decent amount there, so I finally look a second to look. 6 inches off my thighs. Yeah, they are not great, but they are each 6 inches smaller than they used to be and for that I am thankful.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Morning gang. Happy I could post a loss this week. Last week after my weekend I was the same as the previous Monday. Now only 1.6 more pounds just to get back to my 'acceptable' high of 153. I'm feeling confident I can knock that out this week and next week be back to where I started. :ohwell: Naturally, all in time for my sister to come visit for a week and then for us to start our vacation stuff.

Also happy that my HRM showed 5534 calories burned for the week. I think that is a pretty good number and I am proud of it!

Yeserday when I was laying in the pool I was a little discouraged when I was looking at my thighs. They are, well, bleck. They have stretch marks, they have cellulite, the skin is not nice, they are flabby. They are truly my worst body part and I try not to take a good look often. After I was laying there getting down on myself I remembered Marla's challenge and tried to put it into perspective. I knew I had lost a decent amount there, so I finally look a second to look. 6 inches off my thighs. Yeah, they are not great, but they are each 6 inches smaller than they used to be and for that I am thankful.

Way to turn that bad thought around! Those thighs allow you to run and work out the way you want, so be grateful for them.