Meals Under 100kcals - NEVER GO OVER!

Options

Replies

• donnabullen
    donnabullen Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Loving this!!, I often struggle for different ideas as I have a lot of food allergies. Thank you. x
  • fancythat42
    fancythat42 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Some really great suggestions. I'm saving this! Thanks :)
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this.

There are some very supportive people in this community, but to me, in every post there is a least one condescending, judgemental poster that is desperate to tell people off and share their wisdom.

If someone wants an 100 cal meal, it's their choice. If they were posting saying 500CALS A DAY NO MORE, then fair enough, don't encourage it, but this person shouldn't have to monitor how they type their sentences just because some people took the way she wrote the post the wrong way.

Just take a deep breath, and remember that you don't always have to be all judge-y :)
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I was laughing thinking of this thread today when I calculated the calories for my lunch :-) I had lentils soup/stew, home cooked, every ingredient measured and all calories accounted for :-). Two bowls came at 95calories!! As shocking as it is I did make a lunch out of it and I was full (added a slice of bread too)

The forums are a strange place sometimes, at least for a newbie like me. I presume there is an unwritten set of rules that we, newbies, don't know about. And if god forbid you commit one of those sins you'd be eaten alive! Most people are quite supportive but there are few that act as if they own the forums and have to comment on everything, it's a bit annoying, especially when they have a chip on their shoulders for whatever reason. It's almost like a competition who will say "you can't do this" first, sometimes even when it has nothing to do with the OP.

There is quite a lot of *****iness going around and if I am perfectly honest when I was 20 I wouldn't have had the confidence to stick around. At 37 I just roll my eyes and move on :wink:

Just to clarify in case somebody is worried I'd starve with my lentil stew, I'm on 1400 cal a day and I eat every one of them :-)
  • armymom5
    armymom5 Posts: 115
    Options
    To OP, thank you for the list........it's always great to get ideas like that from someone!
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Ignore all the stroppy replies - the majority of people understood what you meant... low calorie meal option that (with a side salad) ensure you're mentally as well as physically "full" for those days when you're already over your calories... Personally I think it's better to have a 100 calorie "meal" and big salad than to skip a meal! Thanks for this list, really helpful :)))
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I was laughing thinking of this thread today when I calculated the calories for my lunch :-) I had lentils soup/stew, home cooked, every ingredient measured and all calories accounted for :-). Two bowls came at 95calories!! As shocking as it is I did make a lunch out of it and I was full (added a slice of bread too)

The forums are a strange place sometimes, at least for a newbie like me. I presume there is an unwritten set of rules that we, newbies, don't know about. And if god forbid you commit one of those sins you'd be eaten alive! Most people are quite supportive but there are few that act as if they own the forums and have to comment on everything, it's a bit annoying, especially when they have a chip on their shoulders for whatever reason. It's almost like a competition who will say "you can't do this" first, sometimes even when it has nothing to do with the OP.

There is quite a lot of *****iness going around and if I am perfectly honest when I was 20 I wouldn't have had the confidence to stick around. At 37 I just roll my eyes and move on :wink:

Just to clarify in case somebody is worried I'd starve with my lentil stew, I'm on 1400 cal a day and I eat every one of them :-)

Hear hear!!! Totally agree... (and please can we have your lentil stew recipe, it sounds yummy!!!) :)
  • mamamia05
    mamamia05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Excellent ideas in my opinion! Thank you for sharing!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

This is the nicest forum I've ever been on. It's like sunshine and rainbows compared to some I've been on.
    You haven't seen eaten alive until you mention cash bar or vow renewal (aside from some very slecific circumstances like 25 or 50 year anniversary) on a wedding forum or breeding or certain training methods on a dog forum. (Not my topics, I've seen them posted)
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. I have a list similar to this one hanging on my refrigerator door to remind me that there are plenty of options when I have only a few calories left for the day. I will add your ideas to my collection.
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    hum not sure why this post got so much negative attention, ok so some of the wording is off but still. To me, all the OP meant was for days that you have already reached your cal goal, whatever that is and still feel hungry here are some low cal meal options that will help.

OP thanks for the post, I can see making a few of those as snacks :))
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I will definitely use some of these for days when I have less allowance left. Thank you!
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link. I live alone and sometimes it is hard to find a recipe that is easily made for only one person. :)
  • shoelover66
    Options
    The stuffed tomatoes sound awesome! Thanks for the post, this will be way better than snaking on rice cakes when i'm getting low on cal's for the day :-)
  • skoshness
    skoshness Posts: 175
    Options
    thanks for the ideas and you ignore the negativity!
  • littlebre33
    littlebre33 Posts: 318
    Options
    These look very yummy... but honestly, they appear more as side dishes than actual meals. II don't find that I could get full off these meals.
  • chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    To everyone confused about the negativity on this post... there was proana/thinspo references and listed as the op's "inspiration" on their blog and profile. I see these have very recently been removed. I hope all who looked past it, ignored it, and even defended her might understand that they are patting the back of someone who obviously needs support in a different manor.

Anyone new that comes to this post I hope will see that posts, blogs and profiles can be edited. You may not be able to see what we were referring to in the beginning, so please understand that none of us would be upset or have said anything about 100 calorie snacks (even if you call them meals).

If people want to show off their ED's, and defend them and such, expect a few people to call you out. I am sure giving people something they might think a great idea out of your ED makes you feel more accepted, but realize that like your "big meals", you are only deceiving them as well.

I expect more people to raise their arms and reply in protest to what I am saying, maybe call me blind or ignorant. That only makes me smile, so I welcome it. It's awareness day on MPF. Some people here need more food. I have cookies for everyone!
  • iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    To everyone confused about the negativity on this post... there was proana/thinspo references and listed as the op's "inspiration" on their blog and profile. I see these have very recently been removed. I hope all who looked past it, ignored it, and even defended her might understand that they are patting the back of someone who obviously needs support in a different manor.

Anyone new that comes to this post I hope will see that posts, blogs and profiles can be edited. You may not be able to see what we were referring to in the beginning, so please understand that none of us would be upset or have said anything about 100 calorie snacks (even if you call them meals).

If people want to show off their ED's, and defend them and such, expect a few people to call you out. I am sure giving people something they might think a great idea out of your ED makes you feel more accepted, but realize that like your "big meals", you are only deceiving them as well.

I expect more people to raise their arms and reply in protest to what I am saying, maybe call me blind or ignorant. That only makes me smile, so I welcome it. It's awareness day on MPF. Some people here need more food. I have cookies for everyone!

I removed it because you were making such a fuss over the word thinspo (oh and the word meal, but I can't change the name of the post), you trampled on what I think thinspo is so I changed it. My profile clearly shows so much of my horrid horrid self. Nicely done sir.

I'll make sure I never refer to it as that again...my big dark 'secret'...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    is it really that difficult coming up with meals under 100,000 calories?
  • VanellopeeVonSchweetz
    Options
    OMG people. Get off her back.
    These are awesome ideas for snacks for when you still feel hungry a the end of the day but need to stay within your calorie budget!

Crucifying the chick for using the word "meal". Chill out your nips and go eat whatever you like to fit your weight loss plan if you don't like these snack tips. She and everyone else will do the same.

And regardless of someone having an ED or not, it's not your job to target them, put them on the spot, and make them feel self conscious or bad about themselves. They were not targeting YOU out on your weight journey/struggles, so do not do the same.

Great snack ideas :)
    I shall try some ^-^