Replies

• DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    awesome thank you
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    To everyone confused about the negativity on this post... there was proana/thinspo references and listed as the op's "inspiration" on their blog and profile. I see these have very recently been removed. I hope all who looked past it, ignored it, and even defended her might understand that they are patting the back of someone who obviously needs support in a different manor.

Anyone new that comes to this post I hope will see that posts, blogs and profiles can be edited. You may not be able to see what we were referring to in the beginning, so please understand that none of us would be upset or have said anything about 100 calorie snacks (even if you call them meals).

If people want to show off their ED's, and defend them and such, expect a few people to call you out. I am sure giving people something they might think a great idea out of your ED makes you feel more accepted, but realize that like your "big meals", you are only deceiving them as well.

I expect more people to raise their arms and reply in protest to what I am saying, maybe call me blind or ignorant. That only makes me smile, so I welcome it. It's awareness day on MPF. Some people here need more food. I have cookies for everyone!

Still no reason to attack the poor girl. And I guess I missed the ED part but it isnt there now so all my comments are even more validated HA! They are good ideas how you use them is on you.
  • itsHealthy
    itsHealthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thank you for putting so much effort into this!!!
    Definitely going to try the recipes- also like the fact that most of them are vegetarian!!

Thanks again, OP!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I am reading your blog, and I don't understand. Why do you need to "make it look like you are eating more"?

100 calories is not a meal either, unless you are on a 20 meal per day diet?

thats what i think too. Snacks 100+ calories. Meal 500-1500 calories .
  • itsHealthy
    itsHealthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am reading your blog, and I don't understand. Why do you need to "make it look like you are eating more"?

100 calories is not a meal either, unless you are on a 20 meal per day diet?

thats what i think too. Snacks 100+ calories. Meal 500-1500 calories .

OP meant you could use these as meals when you have no more calories left for the day.
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    To everyone confused about the negativity on this post... there was proana/thinspo references and listed as the op's "inspiration" on their blog and profile. I see these have very recently been removed. I hope all who looked past it, ignored it, and even defended her might understand that they are patting the back of someone who obviously needs support in a different manor.

Anyone new that comes to this post I hope will see that posts, blogs and profiles can be edited. You may not be able to see what we were referring to in the beginning, so please understand that none of us would be upset or have said anything about 100 calorie snacks (even if you call them meals).

If people want to show off their ED's, and defend them and such, expect a few people to call you out. I am sure giving people something they might think a great idea out of your ED makes you feel more accepted, but realize that like your "big meals", you are only deceiving them as well.

I expect more people to raise their arms and reply in protest to what I am saying, maybe call me blind or ignorant. That only makes me smile, so I welcome it. It's awareness day on MPF. Some people here need more food. I have cookies for everyone!

I removed it because you were making such a fuss over the word thinspo (oh and the word meal, but I can't change the name of the post), you trampled on what I think thinspo is so I changed it. My profile clearly shows so much of my horrid horrid self. Nicely done sir.

I'll make sure I never refer to it as that again...my big dark 'secret'...

Ignore it. People on here seem to be very quick to diagnose someone with an eating disorder - all because of what is typed on the internet. The recipes are great and I for one will not be making any judgement with regards to your mental health, because is it really any of my business unless you seek advice? No.

To everyone that's picking on the 'thinspiration' word: I personally dislike it because of the pro-ANA connotations, but unfortunately since the media latched onto it, it isn't really as shocking anymore. I've heard it being used on TV. That doesn't make it any less of an uncomfortable, triggering word...but if OP had good intentions, why bully her over it? She wasn't saying we should all eat 100 cal meals, she was giving us some recipes.

OP, I faced the same judgement and condescension when I posted a spaghetti recipe that used cabbage instead of spaghetti. I was just posting a recipe. Personally, I believe that people who feel the need to 'eat others alive' on a fitness website need to get off the internet and stop worrying about putting people down.
  • alexeye11
    alexeye11 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump
  • emmalousmom1
    emmalousmom1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I also went to the posters wall yesterday and was in shock on the friends on the posters wall, alot of girls killing their bodies to be 86lbs:( It really upset me to see all these girls striving for the unhealthyness of under 100lb, so the concept of having meals to use if you are up to your calorie limit seems great, but the OP motives are probably helping herself and others look like they are eating meals so that others don't question them about eating so little:(
  • iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I also went to the posters wall yesterday and was in shock on the friends on the posters wall, alot of girls killing their bodies to be 86lbs:( It really upset me to see all these girls striving for the unhealthyness of under 100lb, so the concept of having meals to use if you are up to your calorie limit seems great, but the OP motives are probably helping herself and others look like they are eating meals so that others don't question them about eating so little:(

No. It's not. Can you just look through how I have tried to defend myself please.
  • niki87lewis
    niki87lewis Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    bumping for recipes :-)

also couldnt give a rats *kitten* if you do have an ED, reading a post with low cal "meal" ideas isnt going to suddenly make me give up food
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options

If you really were concerned you would message her about it instead of adding fuel to the fire. Bullying.
  • emmalousmom1
    Options
    sorry I got something wrong in my post, the girl's ultimate goal weight was 76lb:( and I am not a bully, I care:(
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    OK (in no one's defense since I did not see the pre edited site)..on the blog it says at the VERY beginning to eat a salad WITH one of the items below. (if this was added after the edit..dis regard this comment..if not read on!)

Can I tell you how many times I have had just that for dinner?? or lunch?? I will add 80 / 90 calories of protein to said salad (100 calorie recipe item can be swapped in my example)

So I am confused on the freak out....remember everyone this is a COMMUNITY...communities are made up of very different people all in the same place....which we happen to be a health / fitness community. We all come from different backgrounds and all have our own problems.

Judging her for any personal emotional issues..is NOT going to get help her (if she has any to begin with). Would you attack a very large person on here for posting an unusually large calorie meal?? (answer yes and you are just a judgmental *kitten* and there maybe no hope for you!) Attacking her the way she has been attacked is NOT going to stop her (or anyone else) from following their feelings / fears. (again..if that is the life she lives). In fact - you maybe doing just the opposite! Generally when a person has an eating disorder - emotions run that dis order.

Cmon guys be a little but less judgmental :) Take each post as you choose - but if you do not agree with it..do not attack the person....feel free to post opinions but do it with out judging!
  • iwillbetinytea
    Options
    sorry I got something wrong in my post, the girl's ultimate goal weight was 76lb:( and I am not a bully, I care:(

But that's not me is it?! How can I say 'oh I don't want to be your friend because you have an ED' that's horrible. That's like saying people with ED's shouldn't have friends.

Bullying.
  • iwillbetinytea
    Options
    OK (in no one's defense since I did not see the pre edited site)..on the blog it says at the VERY beginning to eat a salad WITH one of the items below. (if this was added after the edit..dis regard this comment..if not read on!)

Can I tell you how many times I have had just that for dinner?? or lunch?? I will add 80 / 90 calories of protein to said salad (100 calorie recipe item can be swapped in my example)

So I am confused on the freak out....remember everyone this is a COMMUNITY...communities are made up of very different people all in the same place....which we happen to be a health / fitness community. We all come from different backgrounds and all have our own problems.

Judging her for any personal emotional issues..is NOT going to get help her (if she has any to begin with). Would you attack a very large person on here for posting an unusually large calorie meal?? (answer yes and you are just a judgmental *kitten* and there maybe no hope for you!) Attacking her the way she has been attacked is NOT going to stop her (or anyone else) from following their feelings / fears. (again..if that is the life she lives). In fact - you maybe doing just the opposite! Generally when a person has an eating disorder - emotions run that dis order.

Cmon guys be a little but less judgmental :) Take each post as you choose - but if you do not agree with it..do not attack the person....feel free to post opinions but do it with out judging!

Thank you someone who finally makes sense.

And I haven't edited my blog, just my profile.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    BTW - thank you for some new ideas :)

Edited to add for my previous post - { comments on her speaking of "makes it looks like you are eating more}...weight watchers...VERY heavily followed and actually recommended by doctors tell you to use smaller plates to...guess what...make it seem like you are eating more....

Just an FYI ;)
  • emmalousmom1
    Options
    If your motivation was not to help others with ED look like they are eating and not starving, then I appologize.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I get where you're coming from...and I'm definitely not faced with ED. But sometimes I might like a beer, and it doesn't fit into what I've eaten all day...I will gladly have some tuna patties and a salad so I can wash it down with a good ol' Kokanee...I also have a problem with chocolate, especially during PMS, instead of blowing over my calories and binging, it's nice to take a look at healthy supper options. You people that continuously bring up pro-ana have a problem. It's starting to get thrown around like herpes. If people have eating disorders, you aren't going to save them by slamming every suggestion thrown out there as ED issues. You're just perpetuating a stereotype.
  • iwillbetinytea
    Options
    If your motivation was not to help others with ED look like they are eating and not starving, then I appologize.

I wasn't. If you read my blog, they are meant for those times where you are getting close to your calorie limit (mine of which is 1500kcal...like I've said a lot) but you don't want to go too over. Everyone has those days where they eat a bit too much due to some reason or another. These are meant for every now and then. Not all the time.
  • iwillbetinytea
    Options
    I get where you're coming from...and I'm definitely not faced with ED. But sometimes I might like a beer, and it doesn't fit into what I've eaten all day...I will gladly have some tuna patties and a salad so I can wash it down with a good ol' Kokanee...I also have a problem with chocolate, especially during PMS, instead of blowing over my calories and binging, it's nice to take a look at healthy supper options. You people that continuously bring up pro-ana have a problem. It's starting to get thrown around like herpes. If people have eating disorders, you aren't going to save them by slamming every suggestion thrown out there as ED issues. You're just perpetuating a stereotype.

You my friend, are my kind of person :)