For those of you that invite others to objectify you:

Options

Replies

• SweetTeaAndCutoffs
    SweetTeaAndCutoffs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I think it's just for fun....I don't think too much into these silly games. It's really just to pass time while I'm bored. If I was offended by it, I wouldn't be here.

Oh and clearly since you're not offended by it then I'm going to just go ahead and jump to the conclusion that it's because you lack intelligence and self esteem. Obviously you don't know how to make these decisions for yourself because any man/woman that enjoys hearing that somebody may like to "bang" them is some sort of pervert, degenerate or has daddy
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    The problem with this thread is that a woman who clearly has no interest in being objectified then gets met with calls along the lines of "you need to get laid more" or "I'll take one for the team and bang her" all the while being egged on by a crowd and this seems to be tacitly seen as acceptable behaviour.

It's amazing to see, isn't it?

People who are denying the existence of rape culture or a culture of objectification as a problem are here, en masse, dismissing a woman's idea..... by treating her as a throwaway sex object.
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    rape culture?! wtf man...
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    The problem with this thread is that a woman who clearly has no interest in being objectified then gets met with calls along the lines of "you need to get laid more" or "I'll take one for the team and bang her" all the while being egged on by a crowd and this seems to be tacitly seen as acceptable behaviour.

People who are denying the existence of rape culture or a culture of objectification as a problem are here, en masse, dismissing a woman's idea..... by treating her as a throwaway sex object.

It's all just harmless fun...

Apparently.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    2) everyone lies on those anyway, so it's not 'training' anyone to objectify anyone.

Hold it! Everyone lies on those posts?!?! Well, there goes my self-esteem. Le sigh. And, here I based my whole day on the fact I was a "bangable 7.5!"

Lolz. :P
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options

LOL don't comment on how dumb it sounds. They're going to pounce on you.
  • twelfty
    Options

you're so inteligent you lack the ability to see humour... sheldon?
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

Inb4 the lock 3...2...1
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Who says SOME women don't treat men like throw away sex objects?

I like to keep my toys on rotation so I don't get bored personally ....
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

Can't believe it took this many pages to get to "rape culture."
    Knew it was coming.
    It's like Hitler. Eventually, someone's going to make the connection.

So there you go boys and girls. Every one of you out there that thought you were just having a little harmless fun with your bang/date/marry silliness...YOU are part of the problem.
    Rape Culture.
  • twelfty
    Options
    rape culture... yeah it's like these damn murder babies and sodomy states.... you just get em :huh:
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    This thread was amusing until rape culture came up and men started making a$$e$ of themselves.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Knew it was coming.

So there you go boys and girls. Every one of you out there that thought you were just having a little harmless fun with your bang/date/marry silliness...YOU are part of the problem.
    Rape Culture.

Exactly. And then when someone has the bravery to post a scathing diatribe, all these rapists come along and perpetuate rape culture even further by making JOKES about the subject of her sensitivity. Since things like this only happen to women, clearly it's a manifestation of gender inequity, and thus, is what is wrong with the world today.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Do postings like swallow, spit, or gargle objectify oral hygiene or awesomeness?
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Diplomacy may be wise in moderation. Too much so and it becomes a ploy for approval and people pleasing, at the cost of integrity. Rejection of diplomacy may be wise when the truth calls for it and can find no better means of expression. However such rejection may also be used as justification for unkindness or even downright abuse. The form that speech may take is not nearly as relevant as the intent and motivation behind it. And yet the form will still invite consequences, for better or worse, depending on how it's interpreted. We cannot control the outcome of our words, and to place too much concern on how those words are received is to diminish the power and honesty of our communication. It takes courage to speak the truth in the face of criticism, and even more so to be willing to be shunned and alienated in the process. To the extent we fear being ostracized, we become dishonest, with both ourselves and with others. To be alone is one of the greatest human fears. It is understandable why so many hold back or skew their communication.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options

Knew it was coming.

Rape Culture.

To me the phrase dumbs down men and makes the assumption that we behave one way, all the time, under all circumstances no matter what. Judge a woman (who asked to be by the way) in a thread and obviously you must do this all the time right? Obviously as a man you apply this thinking to every single female interaction you have. There's no way you could possibly be a multi-layered individual capable of behaving differently based on the situation you're in.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    This thread was amusing until rape culture came up and men started making a$$e$ of themselves.

^ sexist comment
    LOTS of people, of both genders, are making *kitten* of themselves in this thread.
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options

^ sexist comment
    LOTS of people, of both genders, are making *kitten* of themselves in this thread.

Now I feel bad because you are 3495648354298% correct.
  • FitnessCharl
    Options
    Wow....Rape culture???? :noway:

In the words of Peter Jones "I'm out...."

(Because you sucked all the fun out of it anyways, you know who you are)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I don't take it too seriously. Sometimes its good for an ego boost, but honestly, its not going to make a difference one way or the other with me, because I'm confident enough in my own skin and thoughts that what anyone else says doesn't really phase me.
This discussion has been closed.