For those of you that invite others to objectify you:

Options

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    This thread was amusing until rape culture came up and men started making a$$e$ of themselves.

^ sexist comment
    LOTS of people, of both genders, are making *kitten* of themselves in this thread.

Now I feel bad because you are 3495648354298% correct.

By the way, your hair is a beautiful shade of red and I am in awe of the ratio between your tiny waist and large chest! You are a very good looking woman.
    (<-- married, not hitting on you.)
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    This thread was amusing until rape culture came up and men started making a$$e$ of themselves.

^ sexist comment
    LOTS of people, of both genders, are making *kitten* of themselves in this thread.

Now I feel bad because you are 3495648354298% correct.

By the way, your hair is a beautiful shade of red and I am in awe of the ratio between your tiny waist and large chest! You are a very good looking woman.
    (<-- married, not hitting on you.)

RAPIST!!! ^^^^^^
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Wow....Rape culture???? :noway:

In the words of Peter Jones "I'm out...."

(Because you sucked all the fun out of it anyways, you know who you are)

Hehehe sucked hehe
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I don't take it too seriously. Sometimes its good for an ego boost, but honestly, its not going to make a difference one way or the other with me, because I'm confident enough in my own skin and thoughts that what anyone else says doesn't really phase me.
    i never got how/why it would be an ego boost. in those threads people would compliment a three legged baboon, so the compliments mean nothing.
  • drchimpanzee
    Options
    I don't take it too seriously. Sometimes its good for an ego boost, but honestly, its not going to make a difference one way or the other with me, because I'm confident enough in my own skin and thoughts that what anyone else says doesn't really phase me.
    i never got how/why it would be an ego boost. in those threads people would compliment a three legged baboon, so the compliments mean nothing.

I've been called a 3 legged baboon before, if ya know what I mean ;)
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I just hope this delicous sandwich doesn't feel objectified. :frown:

rappingranny_zps89a2f2ab.gif
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

for some, it can be is what I am saying. If someone goes into a date/marry/bang/ONS/WB/etc thread and someone says yes or WB or 10/10, I'm sure it gives them a boost.... meh. Again, none of you really exist. You only live in my computer to entertain me during work, lol. :laugh:
  • drchimpanzee
    Options
    I just hope this delicous sandwich doesn't feel objectified. :frown:

rappingranny_zps89a2f2ab.gif

Offensive. You labelled that burrito as a sandwich. Not cool. You're part of the problem!
  • VeroniqueBoilard
    VeroniqueBoilard Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    WTF? People are denying the existence of "rape culture" now? I thought it was a given like homophobia and racism are bad.

Feminism defend men actually.

People that think women (ok less then 15% of rapes are on man and perpetuated by man anyway in most cases so I'll generalized for the sake of clarity) deserved to be raped for ANY reasons or that man can't always control themselves are the one against men here!

Feminist saying that man are not only animal so there is no reason ever to justify a rape by saying stuff like "but she was passed out with a short skirt so I just did it". You are a grown man able of reflexion and you know consent is always necessary but not only that: what kind of human can actually enjoy a lifeless body or to take someone by force... beyond me :(:(:(

Anyway sorry for my broken english but my point: feminist think man and woman are equal: both able to take a step back and not rape.

Not being able to see your privilege has a male is sad... I proud myself on being able to see my privilege has white/educated/first world person: Yes I work hard, but more then half my success come from my privilege... Being able to accept that and work from there won't diminish how hard you work but give you some perspective...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    WTF? People are denying the existence of "rape culture" now? I thought it was a given like homophobia and racism are bad.

Not only are they denying the existence of rape culture, they're doing it while responding to a woman who doesn't want people to decide whether she's bangable based on appearance... by saying they're willing to bang her.

This is seriously a thing that is happening. Men are responding to a woman who has a problem with being objectified not just by purposefully objectifying her, but by purposefully objectifying her while denying that objectification of women is a problem.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    The problem with this thread is that a woman who clearly has no interest in being objectified then gets met with calls along the lines of "you need to get laid more" or "I'll take one for the team and bang her" all the while being egged on by a crowd and this seems to be tacitly seen as acceptable behaviour.

It's amazing to see, isn't it?

People who are denying the existence of rape culture or a culture of objectification as a problem are here, en masse, dismissing a woman's idea..... by treating her as a throwaway sex object.

Can't believe it took this many pages to get to "rape culture."
    Knew it was coming.
    It's like Hitler. Eventually, someone's going to make the connection.

So there you go boys and girls. Every one of you out there that thought you were just having a little harmless fun with your bang/date/marry silliness...YOU are part of the problem.
    Rape Culture.

To me the phrase dumbs down men and makes the assumption that we behave one way, all the time, under all circumstances no matter what. Judge a woman (who asked to be by the way) in a thread and obviously you must do this all the time right? Obviously as a man you apply this thinking to every single female interaction you have. There's no way you could possibly be a multi-layered individual capable of behaving differently based on the situation you're in.

for the record... I see more objectification of men on this site sometimes than I do of men objectifying women. The women here are horny and aggressive, and while the men may enjoy it, it does dilute the "all men are scum" tag line.

I have many men on my friends list, and they are respectful, fun, kind and supportive. It's sad that men get painted with this "oh your urges are too great for you to handle" paintbrush - as if they aren't strong enough to control themselves. What poppycock.

Guys - I'm sorry that you are stereotyped so negatively.
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Feminism defend men actually.

People that think women (ok less then 15% of rapes are on man and perpetuated by man anyway in most cases so I'll generalized for the sake of clarity) deserved to be raped for ANY reasons or that man can't always control themselves are the one against men here!

Feminist saying that man are not only animal so there is no reason ever to justify a rape by saying stuff like "but she was passed out with a short skirt so I just did it". You are a grown man able of reflexion and you know consent is always necessary but not only that: what kind of human can actually enjoy a lifeless body... beyond me :(:(:(

.... :noway: where the in the royal chuff did that come from?!?!?!

i think the trouble is drug culrure.... cos there are definately some people smoking or huffing some strong stuff here....
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    I must very much agree with OP. People do alot of things on the internet that they wouldn't do in real life. My friends and I have great conversations and fun, but never do we sit around talking about how "bangable" the other is. Also, in real life, most people wouldn't go to a meeting to be told that they are an 8/10 or bangable for an ego boost. While I understand wanting someone to say that you are hott, I do believe that this kind of thinking would lead to needing some kind of approval from others in the real world.
    I would say that men aren't the only ones to blame for this- that women are equally accountable. Men take alot of flack for the things that women do.
    I know that its for fun and that most people don't think too deep into it.... but I do believe that it has greater effects than we realize.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options

for some, it can be is what I am saying. If someone goes into a date/marry/bang/ONS/WB/etc thread and someone says yes or WB or 10/10, I'm sure it gives them a boost.... meh. Again, none of you really exist. You only live in my computer to entertain me during work, lol. :laugh:
    i'm going to snootily look down my nose at anyone who finds it a boost.
    ...even if they don't exist.

i do not. i am far too english to stoop to understanding lewd innuendo.
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    The problem with this thread is that a woman who clearly has no interest in being objectified then gets met with calls along the lines of "you need to get laid more" or "I'll take one for the team and bang her" all the while being egged on by a crowd and this seems to be tacitly seen as acceptable behaviour.

It's amazing to see, isn't it?

People who are denying the existence of rape culture or a culture of objectification as a problem are here, en masse, dismissing a woman's idea..... by treating her as a throwaway sex object.

Can't believe it took this many pages to get to "rape culture."
    Knew it was coming.
    It's like Hitler. Eventually, someone's going to make the connection.

So there you go boys and girls. Every one of you out there that thought you were just having a little harmless fun with your bang/date/marry silliness...YOU are part of the problem.
    Rape Culture.

To me the phrase dumbs down men and makes the assumption that we behave one way, all the time, under all circumstances no matter what. Judge a woman (who asked to be by the way) in a thread and obviously you must do this all the time right? Obviously as a man you apply this thinking to every single female interaction you have. There's no way you could possibly be a multi-layered individual capable of behaving differently based on the situation you're in.

for the record... I see more objectification of men on this site sometimes than I do of men objectifying women. The women here are horny and aggressive, and while the men may enjoy it, it does dilute the "all men are scum" tag line.

I have many men on my friends list, and they are respectful, fun, kind and supportive. It's sad that men get painted with this "oh your urges are too great for you to handle" paintbrush - as if they aren't strong enough to control themselves. What poppycock.

Guys - I'm sorry that you are stereotyped so negatively.

you have... nice.... jeans?
  • FitnessCharl
    Options
    Wow....Rape culture???? :noway:

In the words of Peter Jones "I'm out...."

(Because you sucked all the fun out of it anyways, you know who you are)

Hehehe sucked hehe

I laughed too....
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    What do you guys think?
    you really don't want to know
    Do you like it when people tell you you're a certain type of person?
    Heck yes. I like to hear what others view from my pictures and words
    Do you like it when people rate you?
    again, heck yes.
    Do you think others like it when you rate them?
    they wouldn't ask otherwise, would they?

I think > I am an adult, I can post in those threads if I want or not. I think that if I don't feel like being an object, I can pass on through and not post. Nobody is making me do a thing.
    I think that after 38 years on this Earth, after 3 kids, and all the hell I have been through, once in a while I like to hear someone tell me I am hot.

I don't normally go up to random strangers on the street and ask them to rate me. But if you gave me a shot or two, I may.
  • VeroniqueBoilard
    VeroniqueBoilard Posts: 71 Member
    Options

Not only are they denying the existence of rape culture, they're doing it while responding to a woman who doesn't want people to decide whether she's bangable based on appearance... by saying they're willing to bang her.

This is seriously a thing that is happening. Men are responding to a woman who has a problem with being objectified not just by purposefully objectifying her, but by purposefully objectifying her while denying that objectification of women is a problem.

There is hope! Thank you! :)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

It's fun for men to be objectified because it's not so pervasive. Men don't walk around with their penises popping out of their pants, with every woman walking by judging them on that basis.

Imagine if you were expected to dress that way. Seriously. Think about the ramifications. Men's pants were all super tight, with cuts in the fabric that showed parts of your penis. Everyone looked at that before they looked at your face. You walk into a job interview and it's the first thing the interviewer sees. Everything about you is judged on the basis of how your penis looks.

Think it's not a problem? It is.
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be eye candy for as many women as possible.

Working out pretty well. :P
This discussion has been closed.