Replies

• JenniferMary_9169
    Options
    px2lWRN.gif

^^ :love: :love: :love:
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options

It's fun for men to be objectified because it's not so pervasive. Men don't walk around with their penises popping out of their pants, with every woman walking by judging them on that basis.

Imagine if you were expected to dress that way. Seriously. Think about the ramifications. Men's pants were all super tight, with cuts in the fabric that showed parts of your penis. Everyone looked at that before they looked at your face. You walk into a job interview and it's the first thing the interviewer sees. Everything about you is judged on the basis of how your penis looks.

Think it's not a problem? It is.

stop smoking drugs mmmmmmmmk?
  • taliasometimes
    taliasometimes Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    thats amazing.
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    Also, being an adult =/= being rated or talking about sex. 10 year olds can do this.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

for some, it can be is what I am saying. If someone goes into a date/marry/bang/ONS/WB/etc thread and someone says yes or WB or 10/10, I'm sure it gives them a boost.... meh. Again, none of you really exist. You only live in my computer to entertain me during work, lol. :laugh:
    i'm going to snootily look down my nose at anyone who finds it a boost.
    ...even if they don't exist.

meh, its another form of entertainment. If they get a high from it, they do. Who am I to judge them?
  • CallmeFrida
    CallmeFrida Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I should eat for dinner...can you tell me what I should eat?

homemade pasta:bigsmile:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    It's fun for men to be objectified because it's not so pervasive.

Yet the sharp increase in the rise of men suffering from eating disorders suggests that the increased pressure to look a certain way - a facet of being objectified - indicates that men are not immune to the same pressures.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

It's fun for men to be objectified because it's not so pervasive. Men don't walk around with their penises popping out of their pants, with every woman walking by judging them on that basis.

Imagine if you were expected to dress that way. Seriously. Think about the ramifications. Men's pants were all super tight, with cuts in the fabric that showed parts of your penis. Everyone looked at that before they looked at your face. You walk into a job interview and it's the first thing the interviewer sees. Everything about you is judged on the basis of how your penis looks.

You, sir, are a scholar and have clearly spent a lot of time thinking about how people who aren't attractive white males get along in society.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    meh, its another form of entertainment. If they get a high from it, they do. Who am I to judge them?
    judging is an art form.
    i look down my nose at people who wear crocs too.
  • VeroniqueBoilard
    VeroniqueBoilard Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I don't take it too seriously. Sometimes its good for an ego boost, but honestly, its not going to make a difference one way or the other with me, because I'm confident enough in my own skin and thoughts that what anyone else says doesn't really phase me.
    i never got how/why it would be an ego boost. in those threads people would compliment a three legged baboon, so the compliments mean nothing.

I've been called a 3 legged baboon before, if ya know what I mean ;)

Makes me think of a recent case in Canada where a man was arguing that women only gym was a discrimination against him:

The judges gave really interesting insight: To be discriminate about on the basis of sex/religion/race/etc. you have to be in a historically discriminated against group and prove that the discrimination has prejudicial effect. If no other gym would have been available to this men, he might have had a case, but since closer to his house was another gym, he couldn't prove that this specific discrimination had any prejudicial effect on his life.

Women are an historically discriminated against group.

And I wish that people would stop saying: "Yeah but I know of a guy who was discriminate because he was a man" and thinking that just mean we should stop to care that discrimination against women exist? Couldn't we come to the conclusion that yes discrimination exist everywhere and for everyone for many reasons but when that discrimination is prejudicial and systematic it is worth fighting it?
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I don't take it too seriously. Sometimes its good for an ego boost, but honestly, its not going to make a difference one way or the other with me, because I'm confident enough in my own skin and thoughts that what anyone else says doesn't really phase me.
    i never got how/why it would be an ego boost. in those threads people would compliment a three legged baboon, so the compliments mean nothing.

I've been called a 3 legged baboon before, if ya know what I mean ;)

Makes me think of a recent case in Canada where a man was arguing that women only gym was a discrimination against him:

The judges gave really interesting insight: To be discriminate about on the basis of sex/religion/race/etc. you have to be in a historically discriminated against group and prove that the discrimination has prejudicial effect. If no other gym would have been available to this men, he might have had a case, but since closer to his house was another gym, he couldn't prove that this specific discrimination had any prejudicial effect on his life.

Women are an historically discriminated against group.

And I wish that people would stop saying: "Yeah but I know of a guy who was discriminate because he was a man" and thinking that just mean we should stop to care that discrimination against women exist? Couldn't we come to the conclusion that yes discrimination exist everywhere and for everyone for many reasons but when that discrimination is prejudicial and systematic it is worth fighting it?

On that topic, here's a post I posted in a similar thread a month or two ago:
    Now imagine that every day someone tries to prevent you from using the squat rack because they think you're not meant to. Imagine it happened at every gym. Imagine that society as a whole was stacked against you ever using a barbell.

Wouldn't that get old pretty quick?

That's the type of daily experience minorities and women face.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    judging is an art form.
    i look down my nose at people who wear crocs too.

gah! Not Crocs! Those things should all be burned. I'm no fashionista, but they are hideous. In my opinion.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options

Yet the sharp increase in the rise of men suffering from eating disorders suggests that the increased pressure to look a certain way - a facet of being objectified - indicates that men are not immune to the same pressures.
    it is also, in part, the degree of threat. or perceived threat.
    a guy walking past a leering woman might feel uncomfortable.
    a woman walking past a leering man might be thinking about the headlines, the police advice, her escape route and whether her attire would cause people to blame her if something happened.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be eye candy for as many women as possible.

and doing a fine job ;0
  • jonnythan
    Options

a woman walking past a leering man might be thinking about the headlines, the police advice, her escape route and whether her attire would cause people to blame her if something happened.

This site needs a like button.
  • FitnessCharl
    Options
    [/quote]It's fun for men to be objectified because it's not so pervasive. Men don't walk around with their penises popping out of their pants, with every woman walking by judging them on that basis.

[/quote]

***Warning - Look away if you are easily offended***
    These are the ramblings of a mental person! If you are a lady and you don't like people looking at your fun bags, they actually make things called "clothes”. When you go for an interview and you don't want your male interviewer to objectify you, you can wear a "suit" with a "shirt". Your breasts are not forced to be out all the time like some puppet show! No one is EXPECTED to dress in a certain way? I dress in whatever I want to dress in, unless we have taken a time machine to the 1940's and I am unaware.
    So stop this drivel and say something that makes sense
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

Yes, the power dynamic is different and power, who has it and the ability for it to be used or misused as the case may be is at the heart of this issue.
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options

You, sir, are a scholar and have clearly spent a lot of time thinking about how people who aren't attractive white males get along in society.

lol... taken as sarcasm you're saying i'm an attractive white male, so... thank you... but you have no idea what i think about, or for that matter anyone you assume is a budding rapist because they oblige in complimenting women on an internet forum

the fact you think of yourself as better because you probably lack the game to pull off complimenting women doesn't mean others can't indulge in this.

and i can't stress this enough, really seriously and truly... it's a GAME as in: one after the other people say date, bang, etc etc etc as a bit of harmless fun, the same as flirting with someone, the same as banter between men and women

the fact that you're so wrapped up in your own opinion of some made up culture of lustful men attacking women you clearly haven't noticed that in order for a man to rate or bang, date, marry etc etc a woman on that thread there has to be a woman rating a man in which the success of that thread has achieved or it would all be men saying they wouldn't bang each other

ergo: women are partaking in this activity of their free will so please... please stuff your over protective opinion of how women are defenseless little bunnies that need to be saved from the beast that is man... where the sun doesn't shine, you're making a fool of yourself
  • Shauncho49
    Shauncho49 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    ***Warning - Look away if you are easily offended***
    These are the ramblings of a mental person! If you are a lady and you don't like people looking at your fun bags, they actually make things called "clothes”. When you go for an interview and you don't want your male interviewer to objectify you, you can wear a "suit" with a "shirt". Your breasts are not forced to be out all the time like some puppet show! No one is EXPECTED to dress in a certain way? I dress in whatever I want to dress in, unless we have taken a time machine to the 1940's and I am unaware.
    So stop this drivel and say something that makes sense

well said...
  • jonnythan
    Options

lol... taken as sarcasm you're saying i'm an attractive white male, so... thank you... but you have no idea what i think about, or for that matter anyone you assume is a budding rapist because they oblige in complimenting women on an internet forum

the fact you think of yourself as better because you probably lack the game to pull off complimenting women doesn't mean others can't indulge in this.

and i can't stress this enough, really seriously and truly... it's a GAME as in: one after the other people say date, bang, etc etc etc as a bit of harmless fun, the same as flirting with someone, the same as banter between men and women

the fact that you're so wrapped up in your own opinion of some made up culture of lustful men attacking women you clearly haven't noticed that in order for a man to rate or bang, date, marry etc etc a woman on that thread there has to be a woman rating a man in which the success of that thread has achieved or it would all be men saying they wouldn't bang each other

ergo: women are partaking in this activity of their free will so please... please stuff your over protective opinion of how women are defenseless little bunnies that need to be saved from the beast that is man... where the sun doesn't shine, you're making a fool of yourself

I expect that in 50 years, this comment will look as out of place as Don Draper would today.
This discussion has been closed.