25 TO LIFE month 2

Options

Replies

• cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    OK, since I'm new on this thread, I'll just post my last couple of weigh-ins (keeping in mind that I went on vacation for 2 weeks!):

3/18: 185.8
    3/25: (vacation)
    4/1: (vacation)
    4/8: 183.0
    4/15: 181.8

Slowly but surely... :tongue:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Okay, I got one for ya!
    I went to the dr. today b/c my hip has been bothering me. I have to go see an ortho, b/c he thinks it's a nerve or something. But that's not my point. This is my point.
    It's time to get on the scale.
    Now, I had a digital scale that was giving me crazy readings throughout the day, so I went and got an old fashioned dial one. Every now and then I get on the digital one and it reads about 6 to 7 pounds more than the other one, which is why I like the other one better. :laugh: Well, guess what the dr. scale read! Just like the digital one!:mad: :angry:
    It said I was 176!!! Here I am thinking I'm 169 and now I don't know what to do?!!!
    I actually feel more like I'm 176, b/c I know I was around 167 when I got married, and I know I can't fit into my wedding dress.:explode:
    I suppose I should just stick with the higher one, but I don't want to. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Bummer! But, just remember, you have lost the same exact amount of weight regardless. Plus, you just WOWED everyone at the shower. So don't let it bum you out. Every scale is the same. I think that you should pick which ever scale is availble consistantly so that you have a consistent number. And also remember... it is just a number. The more important thing is how you feel about you. If you were happy with the progress and like that scale best I say go for it! Plus, who knows when the drs was calibrated last.

I ran a practice PT test today, and did the 1.5 mile run in 14:51!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have NEVER done it under 15 so I was VERY happy about that! :love:
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    I ran a practice PT test today, and did the 1.5 mile run in 14:51!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have NEVER done it under 15 so I was VERY happy about that! :love:

That's fantastic!!! I'm impressed!
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I was in shock that I did it that quick! Hoping to be under 14 by time my test comes up in Aug. Feeling more confident about that now.
  • Lisabeth
    Lisabeth Posts: 268
    Options
    I have only been on here almost a week. I don't believe in scales because muscle will replace fat and that is heavy too. So I would like to measure in inches if that's ok.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I have only been on here almost a week. I don't believe in scales because muscle will replace fat and that is heavy too. So I would like to measure in inches if that's ok.

inches is what counts.... because we all know we want to fit into our skinny jeans.
  • weightlossinprogress
    weightlossinprogress Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone!
    I hope you are all doing well this week!!!
    I had a terrible night last night - and need words of encouragement....help me get back on the right track again....
    Patricia
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    i am with you Patrizia!! Sometimes is so hard to recover from those bad nights... Be sure to keep your chin up, and remember how much you have already done! itd be a shame to give up and let all that hard work go to waste! Remember that every little bit counts!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Patricia - don't give up! Everybody has a bad day now and then - the important thing is RIGHT NOW - how you recover from it. Just pick yourself up, and know that this is a change you are making for the rest of your life. You'll fall off the wagon every now and then, and sometimes other stresses will get in the way, but you have made a commitment to yourself to BE HEALTHY.

So keep it up! You are doing fine. :flowerforyou:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I need to report! I know I'm a little late..but i figured wed be getting to a new thread soon, so i wanted to get this in before then

166 down from 167 last week !! one more pound lost for a total of four! I was really thinking it would have stayed the same or maybe even gone up with the cake, aunt flow, and feeling kinda ick over the last week, but yay!
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    I am late to report also, but I am still at 176. I am eating a lot healthier and finally starting to exercise more, so I know it will pay off soon!
  • betsywyatt
    Options
    HI EVERYONE! :smile:

My friend told me about this site after she and her daughter signed up. My twin and I have also joined. I work out 4 days a week but being a teacher ruins your eating habits. I topped the scale at 197 and that was when I knew I needed to change something. I am currently at 194 and I plan on just losing around 2 lbs a week. We as a group have already decided to blow up pictures of us as motivation, and work out with eachother at least once a week. You all were a great inspiration as I read through the blogs. :heart:
  • weightlossinprogress
    Options
    Thanks iluv and cp!
    I needed to read it - Once night of indulgence can't kill me...like you guys said, it's how I deal with it that count's...
    Thanks again for responding in my time of need...
    Patricia
    iluv - congrats on the 1lb
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Welcome Betsy!
    Patricia- Don't worry about it! Just a slip!
    I have to be honest. I haven't logged in my food in a week! But I haven't eaten bad, so I think I'm okay. Got on the scale this morning and said I was down 2 pounds? (on my dial scale, not that stupid digital)
    Gotta start logging my food again. With the kids off school this week, my schedule is all off! Dumping them off at Grandma and Grandpas tomorrow to sleep over, so I'll have some time to myself (oh yeah, and hubby) to work out and get my mind set again. Also, work is starting to come in again, so I'll be getting busy again.
    Tried on a dress that I haven't worn since the three thousandth attempt at losing weight in 2004. And it fits, so I guess I'll wear that to my neices communion.
    My goals are for all those clothes to fall off soon! Then, I'll have to buy all new clothes. Because that's the smallest I've been in a long time, so those are the smallest clothes I have in my closet. Not small by any means, 12's, but the smallest I've been!
    Did you guys see how good that Ali on biggest loser looks! To know that she weighed 234 and now 122! Such inspiration! But, that is a little unrealistic (possible, but not time wise) Since they worked out from 4 to 8 to 10 hours a day!
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    HI! Welcome Betsy! Good luck on your journey.
    Buckeye
  • weightlossinprogress
    Options
    Hi everyone, just wanted to check in to see how everyone is doing??
    I have cleared up my system for the "cheat evening" and back on track...

I have lost the 1/2lb that I had gained from it....yeah.

Jennifer, I haven't been tracking either, I gotta get back doing that again too!
    Patricia
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    I was at the gym last night and of course the scales are sitting in the middle of the locker room, so I had to weigh, just to see, well, I am so glad I did, I was back down to 178 YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Monday morning. This week I only lost 1lb. But very proud that I finally went out and walked an hour every day this week. Even though it was tough. :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Ok...checking in. I had a great week. Hard to believe but I bumped up my calories and decreased, yes that's right, decreased my exercise for a few days to kick the plateau and low and behold I was 173.5 lbs. this morning! YAHOO!! That gives me the incentive to push forward! I want to be 169, even if it's 169.9, by May 1. I don't know if I can get there that quickly but I am going to give it a heck of a try! I guess I would even be content if I get to 170.

Here is even better news...you know how we all have that section way in the back of our closet where we store our "skinny clothes", the ones we just can't bear to part with because at some point in life we are "going to get back in those"? Well, I had to pull mine out yesterday!! YEA!!! My husband and I went to see Billy Joel in concert last night and I was actually wearing a pair of 10 jeans!!! They are 10 stretch but who really cares!?!?! My 12's are now bagging on me, I feel silly. I am right in between sizes so a 10 stretch it is. They fit perfectly...no creases, no stretch areas, no sucking it in or holding my breath to zip!!! Now that's progress! Sorry to go on and on about the description but gosh, I was so excited!! I am wearing clothes I haven't worn in 5 years!!

So now, my personal challenge for the week, and if any of you care to do it with me and hold me accountable that would be great. I am going to eat every calorie earned (well give or take 5-10) but not exceed my calories by more than 2% each and every day this week. It's hard to hit your calorie count right on the nose, so that's why I say I won't exceed >2% of my daily net calories on any given day. In other words, to make it easy, I have 1200 net calories daily without exercise. I promise to be anywhere between 1190 and 1224 each and every day. Of course those calories are going to go up if I exercise but you get the idea. I also need to try and make sure that I drink 8 glasses of water every day. That seems to be the hardest detail for me. I never take time to stop and drink the water. I don't drink much of anything during the day!:tongue:

Anyone want to join me? We can post the total calories we have earned for the day and the total calories we took in each evening before we go to bed. What do you say?
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Ok...checking in. I had a great week. Hard to believe but I bumped up my calories and decreased, yes that's right, decreased my exercise for a few days to kick the plateau and low and behold I was 173.5 lbs. this morning! YAHOO!! That gives me the incentive to push forward! I want to be 169, even if it's 169.9, by May 1. I don't know if I can get there that quickly but I am going to give it a heck of a try! I guess I would even be content if I get to 170.

Here is even better news...you know how we all have that section way in the back of our closet where we store our "skinny clothes", the ones we just can't bear to part with because at some point in life we are "going to get back in those"? Well, I had to pull mine out yesterday!! YEA!!! My husband and I went to see Billy Joel in concert last night and I was actually wearing a pair of 10 jeans!!! They are 10 stretch but who really cares!?!?! My 12's are now bagging on me, I feel silly. I am right in between sizes so a 10 stretch it is. They fit perfectly...no creases, no stretch areas, no sucking it in or holding my breath to zip!!! Now that's progress! Sorry to go on and on about the description but gosh, I was so excited!! I am wearing clothes I haven't worn in 5 years!!

So now, my personal challenge for the week, and if any of you care to do it with me and hold me accountable that would be great. I am going to eat every calorie earned (well give or take 5-10) but not exceed my calories by more than 2% each and every day this week. It's hard to hit your calorie count right on the nose, so that's why I say I won't exceed >2% of my daily net calories on any given day. In other words, to make it easy, I have 1200 net calories daily without exercise. I promise to be anywhere between 1190 and 1224 each and every day. Of course those calories are going to go up if I exercise but you get the idea. I also need to try and make sure that I drink 8 glasses of water every day. That seems to be the hardest detail for me. I never take time to stop and drink the water. I don't drink much of anything during the day!:tongue:

Anyone want to join me? We can post the total calories we have earned for the day and the total calories we took in each evening before we go to bed. What do you say?

CONGRATS :drinker: :drinker: weight loss and fitting into the skinny clothes that I also have in my closet LOL.
    I am game. I will take your challenge. So that is 5 to 10 calories over or under with exercise?
    I was not that excited about my 1lb loss this week so I decided to check my measurements and lost 2.5 inches in waist and 1.5 in hips same every where else. very very happy about inches. :bigsmile: