McDonalds McWrap

Options

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if you were to buy those same ingredients at the store(the wrap, ranch sauce, spring mix), they would most likely have the same ingredient list. The only thing that would be different is the chicken, depending on what cut you used.

Considering that, if you were to get it once or twice, would it kill you? No, probably not.

Even if you were to make it at home, it would be just as "processed" and "bad" for you. The only thing that would change is the amount of sodium, really.

that is blatantly untrue. there are many, many more whacked out ingredients in the McDs wrap/ranch/cheese/chicken than the foods you buy at the store. do you really want me to copy+paste the ingredients here and compare? better yet, do your own damn research.

Why so hostile?

Ranch dressing is going to have a long ingredient list, whether it's the NEWMAN'S OWN served at McDonald's or the NEWMAN'S OWN you buy at the grocery store. A tortilla is a tortilla. McDonald's magic tortilla making facility doesn't use flour made from ground up toxic waste. The ingredient list for the tortillas is the same as Mission.

And I'm pretty sure that the mixed greens aren't specially grown in polluted soils just for McDonald's. Have you ever seen a McDonald's owned farm? No because they don't exist. It wouldn't be cost effective. They buy their produce from major distributors.

The poster said the chicken is different. It's breaded and the breading and meat are loaded with sodium. Nobody is denying that.

You're so quick to hate fast food restaurants that you allow that hate and bias to cloud your judgment. I'm pretty sure you're a smart guy and recognize that bias influences rational thought.

How about this, divide up the calories in a McDonald's wrap. Compare them to the calories in the grocery store alternatives if you were to make it yourself? Are they that different? No. Why? Because they use the same things. And if you look at the long lists of ingredients in the tortilla, the dressing, etc., it will probably be the same length, with exceptions for the breaded chicken.
    Look at the post he was replying to. IT was hostile, and rude.

Um, how was my post hostile and rude? I was just stating the facts... I wasn't trying to argue.

Coach Reddy on the other hand, is still pissy from another debate he had with me where I proved him wrong and refused to believe his way is the only way to do things.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Of course McDonalds McCrap is killing you. It's all high-calorie processed food. But you try to tell people this and they label you a conspiracy nut. It's frustrating but whatever.

This ^^^^^

Not true.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of fast food is cheaper per calorie, but since we don't generally want that many calories anyway it's a false economy.

I saw these images going around tumbler and I was super skeptical because some of their veg and meat seemed really cheap. So I actually sat and went through all the calculations using the UK supermarket Tesco. Right enough, the UK food was more expensive- but so was the burger king. I worked out this meal at something around £22 for the BK and £19 for the Tesco shopping (sadly I don't have the picture on this computer to show you!). Only difference is it was frozen minced beef- not the best quality- because I really had no idea what that sausage-looking package of beef was like. But you could spend that £3 difference on better beef and you're still eating a lot healthier for the money.

tumblr_m1qiwvLwgP1rsif13o1_500.jpg

I think I'll take my chances with McDonald's or BK ground beef before I eat that concoction fake burger crap.

Those prices are not realistic. On fact, maybe when I come home from the store later I will post the real prices on my own stores shelves. I wish someone would update that picture if it is going to becirculating.

It's from a Wal-Mart Supercenter, which has lower prices than most grocery stores. :) Just for the record in case you didn't know.

ETA: I don't shop there so I don't know their prices on anything, but going back I saw someone mention that they can't get the beef there for that price at this point. But I bet the BK prices are higher too (I don't eat there, their fries suck).
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    McDonalds food may harm you, but YOU have to put it in your mouth!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Of course McDonalds McCrap is killing you. It's all high-calorie processed food. But you try to tell people this and they label you a conspiracy nut. It's frustrating but whatever.

This ^^^^^

This ^

Somehow I doubt you consider a 390-calorie meal with 30g of protein "high calorie."
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    McDonald's I will pass. But, I am sure there are things there that can fit into most people's macros. I just don't choose to fit their junk into mine.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of fast food is cheaper per calorie, but since we don't generally want that many calories anyway it's a false economy.

I saw these images going around tumbler and I was super skeptical because some of their veg and meat seemed really cheap. So I actually sat and went through all the calculations using the UK supermarket Tesco. Right enough, the UK food was more expensive- but so was the burger king. I worked out this meal at something around £22 for the BK and £19 for the Tesco shopping (sadly I don't have the picture on this computer to show you!). Only difference is it was frozen minced beef- not the best quality- because I really had no idea what that sausage-looking package of beef was like. But you could spend that £3 difference on better beef and you're still eating a lot healthier for the money.

I think I'll take my chances with McDonald's or BK ground beef before I eat that concoction fake burger crap.

Those prices are not realistic. On fact, maybe when I come home from the store later I will post the real prices on my own stores shelves. I wish someone would update that picture if it is going to becirculating.

It's from a Wal-Mart Supercenter, which has lower prices than most grocery stores. :) Just for the record in case you didn't know.

I do most of my grocery shopping at Walmart (not Wal-Mart), and I have never seen a pound of strawberries there for $1.67.
  • 2FatToRun
    Options

All foods can harm you of abused
  • neeko_3
    neeko_3 Posts: 68
    Options

This ^^^^^

This ^

Somehow I doubt you consider a 390-calorie meal with 30g of protein "high calorie."

I choose to eat quality calories. I prefer not to eat the processed, high sodium, high saturated stuff.
  • 2FatToRun
    Options

I do most of my grocery shopping at Walmart (not Wal-Mart), and I have never seen a pound of strawberries there for $1.67.

Depends where you live as well though. We have strawberries now going for $1.50 at the more expensive smaller grocery. Grapes are on sell as well. .99/lb red seedless Depends on the season and the location
  • jilltaylor86
    jilltaylor86 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Who cares? Your body, your business. If you don't know that fast food is unhealthy then you're just stupid. But if you wanna eat it that's your business and what I eat is mine.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options

All foods can harm you of abused

My point exactly!
  • 2FatToRun
    Options
    Who cares? Your body, your business. If you don't know that fast food is unhealthy then you're just stupid. But if you wanna eat it that's your business and what I eat is mine.

How is fast food unhealthy?
  • neeko_3
    Options

yep
  • newdaydawning79
    Options

I'm old school, it was originally Wal-Mart. They took the hyphen out because apparently that was too hard for people to comprehend (this is NOT directed at you, before the flames start).

I also amended my post after reading more replies. I don't shop there, I hate that store with a passion more blinding than the one some people here have for McDonald's.
  • neeko_3
    Options

lol is that a serious question?
  • newdaydawning79
    Options

Don't feed them. They get angry when disturbed from their pedestals. :D
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options

This ^^^^^

This ^

I choose to eat quality calories. I prefer not to eat the processed, high sodium, high saturated stuff.
    i choose to eat what i want but in moderation. its whatever works and makes u happy
  • neeko_3
    Options

This ^^^^^

This ^

i choose to eat what i want but in moderation. its whatever works and makes u happy

Yah, its not my place to tell people what to eat. Just saying i prefer the "clean" foods.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    idk, if a particular food item doesn't put you way over cal for the day, or trigger binging or other bad habbits, then its really only as unhealthy as whatever additives it has that aren't really food.

there maybe a lot of those here lol, i'm not sure.