McDonalds McWrap

Options

Replies

• sdpasque
    sdpasque Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Are you just trying to "fill up" your children with food, or are you trying to provide good nutrition? There is a huge difference between the two. And good nutrition is not expensive.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Who cares? Your body, your business. If you don't know that fast food is unhealthy then you're just stupid. But if you wanna eat it that's your business and what I eat is mine.

How is fast food unhealthy?

Don't feed them. They get angry when disturbed from their pedestals. :D

:laugh: I know I like to poke them it makes them more angry that I know they are so full of BS
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I started my journey on February 28, 2011 and have not had fast food (McD, Burger King, Wendy's) since that day. Bottom line, we are what we eat.

Fast and cheap? sounds about right. :wink:

I like you!
  • neeko_3
    neeko_3 Posts: 68
    Options
    Who cares? Your body, your business. If you don't know that fast food is unhealthy then you're just stupid. But if you wanna eat it that's your business and what I eat is mine.

Don't feed them. They get angry when disturbed from their pedestals. :D

:laugh: I know I like to poke them it makes them more angry that I know they are so full of BS

I dont believe that i am full of BS but, that is your opinion i guess.
  • 2FatToRun
    Options
    Are you just trying to "fill up" your children with food, or are you trying to provide good nutrition? There is a huge difference between the two. And good nutrition is not expensive.

How did children get brought into this? And where is your proof there is no nutritious foods at McDonalds? And yes some nutritious foods are more expensive then the less nutritious.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    personally perfer to 'eat clean' myself.

but thats really because if i have one candy bar then i want 5000 more.

i swear to god they put something in all prepackaged foods that just makes you want more of it lol

i don't really think true success is achieved until you don't have to restrict your food choices for any reason, you can eat what you like but be responsible enough to eat a resonable amount of it and still satisfy all other nutrional requirements for the day/week
  • 2FatToRun
    Options

lol is that a serious question?

Yes it is. Not all fast food is unhealthy. PPL who choose to eat it may make unhealthy choices but to say all fast food is unhealthy is the BS of spoke of earlier.
  • newdaydawning79
    Options
    I'm now to the point where I'm so amused I cannot stop laughing.

Not sure if that was the point of the thread but it cheered me up immensely.
  • 2FatToRun
    Options

i swear to god they put something in all prepackaged foods that just makes you want more of it lol

i don't really think true success is achieved until you don't have to restrict your food choices for any reason, you can eat what you like but be responsible enough to eat a resonable amount of it and still satisfy all other nutrional requirements for the day/week

Totally agree!
  • neeko_3
    Options

How did children get brought into this? And where is your proof there is no nutritious foods at McDonalds? And yes some nutritious foods are more expensive then the less nutritious.

Lets say you eat at wendys for lunch every day for a week. A combo meal is roughly $6-$7 bucks that would be around $35 for the week. I can go to the grocery store and buy 5 lbs of chicken breasts for around $15 sweet potatoes around $7 Apples/Bananas $6... this can feed a person far longer than those Wendys meals.
  • 2FatToRun
    Options

I could go all day lol Its all semantics :laugh:
  • neeko_3
    Options

I am def not here to try to argue. I dont like being called full of BS is all. There is no way i could have achieved the look i have while eating fast food. It all just boils down to the individual and what goals they have :)
  • 2FatToRun
    Options

Lets say you eat at wendys for lunch every day for a week. A combo meal is roughly $6-$7 bucks that would be around $35 for the week. I can go to the grocery store and buy 5 lbs of chicken breasts for around $15 sweet potatoes around $7 Apples/Bananas $6... this can feed a person far longer than those Wendys meals.

See already you fail.....first of all if you are eating fast food every day of the week you need to make better choices or be exercising a lot. Dont mistake expenditures as proof fast food isnt healthy. There are plenty of healthy options for the most part now at fast food places. But to outright say fast food is unhealthy and crap and so on is BS and a lie.
  • newdaydawning79
    Options

I am def not here to try to argue. I dont like being called full of BS is all. There is no way i could have achieved the look i have while eating fast food. It all just boils down to the individual and what goals they have :)

I know of an insanely ripped guy who lives on the road and DOES eat fast food on occasion. So actually, yes it is possible.

He's also a big fan of liquor, particularly Jack Daniels. :)
  • 2FatToRun
    Options

Thats totally understandable so instead of saying all fast food is crap or unhealthy (which isnt true) clarify that it is for you because you lack the self control to not abuse it or whatever reason you dont eat it.
  • neeko_3
    Options

I know of an insanely ripped guy who lives on the road and DOES eat fast food on occasion. So actually, yes it is possible.

He's also a big fan of liquor, particularly Jack Daniels. :)

That works for him, it wouldnt work for me.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    The thing is 'fast food' isn't just from mcdonalds, BK, wendys or any chain. its also at the grocery store!

serriously, i was wondering down the isles and the vast majority of things at the grocery store are prepackaged, pratially prepared convience food.

thats basically the same as fast food except you have to stick it in the microwave or oven first.

being lazy about meal preparation driven the industry to the point where obesity is built in.
  • persistantone
    persistantone Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Totally agree!

I agree with this, too, completely. And I also eat mostly whole foods, but that doesn't mean I won't order some take-out at some point. Personally, I don't like McDonalds, the food makes me feel groggy. If I want a burger, and if I have the time, I'm going to make one myself, BUT I'm not going to judge or condemn those who choose to do otherwise.
  • neeko_3
    Options

Thats totally understandable so instead of saying all fast food is crap or unhealthy (which isnt true) clarify that it is for you because you lack the self control to not abuse it or whatever reason you dont eat it.

i dont eat it because i prefer unprocessed, low sodium, non saturated food.
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Of course McDonalds McCrap is killing you. It's all high-calorie processed food. But you try to tell people this and they label you a conspiracy nut. It's frustrating but whatever.

This ^^^^^

This ^

Somehow I doubt you consider a 390-calorie meal with 30g of protein "high calorie."

I choose to eat quality calories. I prefer not to eat the processed, high sodium, high saturated stuff.
    i choose to eat what i want but in moderation. its whatever works and makes u happy

Yah, its not my place to tell people what to eat. Just saying i prefer the "clean" foods.
    u make alot of sense bro. what we eat is a lifestyle choice. none is better than the other unless its making the user unhealthy(overweight, diabetic, malnutrition, heart disease, etc)