Movies that made you feel awful

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    message in a bottle... cried for days.

tho it was probably because my husband at the time had been diagnosed with testicular cancer and had chosen not to treat it. the docs had said he could be gone within 6 months if it was the fast growing type (which they could only find out after removing it.)

I was freaking out as it is... that movie just sealed it to me.

(oh and for those curious... Fast forward 10 years, he got it treated 3 years later... and we're separating.)
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    The FOG (spoiler alert!) to spare them from being eaten by monsters, dude shoots what's left of his family including his kid, RIGHT BEFORE they were about to get saved. fccken bothered the shiz out of me for days

Thats the Mist lol
  • Carpaydeeum
    Carpaydeeum Posts: 116
    Options
    Traffic

Requium for a Dream

Into the Wild
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Any of the Saw movies. I've banned them from ever being shown in my home.

Yeah, I am with you on that. I've only seen it in bits and pieces and know that I have no interest in seeing those movies, whatsoever!

lol - bits and pieces. See what you did there. :laugh:

don't you mean "I saw what you did there?" :wink:
  • Mumbles83
    Mumbles83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Irréversible

YES, YES, YES…this movie is one you'll never forget watching but wish you could.

Yup title sums it up !!
  • Mumbles83
    Mumbles83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Lilja 4-ever was another one :( !!!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Requiem for a dream.

Boys don't cry

The Experiment (German version)

Dead Man Walking

Priest (1994)

Open water

Hilary and Jackie

Dancing in the dark

Dogtooth

also, long time ago: Flowers in the attic.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

Dogtooth

I searched "Irreversible" on Netflix and it recommended this one to me instead since it's not on instant stream... I doubt they're similar at all but I'm intrigued all the same.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    For Colored Girls - I think I cried through the entire thing.

Yeah, this... the worst part is that so much of it was TRUE
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants waaaaaah!!!!!!

Also Zero Dark Thirty was difficult to watch during the torture scenes.
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Human Centipede.
    UGH yes!!! UGGGGGGH!!!!!!!!!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    Melancholia - this movie will drive you to suicide.
  • AnnDenny
    AnnDenny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Diary of Anne Frank, Band of Brothers and the Lion King. Poor Mufasa :(
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I spit on your grave. Jussssst. awful
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    American History X. Then scene where the guy puts his mouth on the curb has scarred me for life.

Glad I'm not the only one. My insides twist and wrench every time I'm reminded of it.

I watched The Road recently. That made me lose some sleep.

Yes. Both of these. I feel like American History X is a great movie to watch once. And ONLY once.

I had similar feelings about Cold Mountain. There are some scenes I will never watch again in that one.
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    In my youth Walt Disney killed us !!!!
    Bambi
    Old Yeller
    Davy Crocket
    I fin cried my eyeballs out from a feel good organization
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    The ORIGINAL Little Mermaid. The real story, not the one qith the yellow fish in the original one there's a blue dolphin instead. It makes me cry everytime :'(
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Insidious. we live in a pretty old house, and the hallway in the upstairs reminds me of the house in the movie.
    it was months before I could go in that room at the end of the hall without turning on the lights at night,
    I still feel like i can see the old lady ghost in the rooms in the dark sometimes,
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Yeah... that one was difficult to watch.

Trainspotting is along those same lines, but it least it had a happy-ish ending.

My husband is from the UK and loves Trainspotting. I told him I'd never watched it because I just couldn't get into it any time I tried (much the same with Fear and Loathing).

So, he decided that he would get me to watch it while I was pregnant. I got to the part when the baby dies and I was done. Still haven't watched it. Have no desire to. That turned my stomach a thousand times. I don't know what he was thinking. :frown:

I watched the movie, "Alien" when I was pregnant with my first, and I was totally miserable with severe morning sickness at the time. Through some weird fluke of pregnancy hormones, I totally could identify with the idea of having been taken over by an "alien" presence. :ohwell:

soon after my first son was born, I watched the omen, the old 70s version. and was so freaked out to realize my son looked like
    the child in the movie.

also watched movie about a woman who had to feed her baby raw meat. the baby had sharp teeth and claws and everything.
    i think i was still pregnant when i saw that one, totally freaked me out.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    The romcoms i've had to watch when visiting my mother. Anything with Jennifers Lopez or Love-Hewitt depresses me.