Movies everybody else loves, that you could do without

Options

Replies

• AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Will Smiths I Am Legend....I know everyone loved it, I couldn't wait to leave the theater...

I couldn't agree more! WORST movie I have ever seen in my life!
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Every movie. I can't sit through them.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to love "Lord of the Rings" I found them boring (I saw the first 2)
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Bridges of Madison....I hate that movie.
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Titanic - hate that movie so, so much...
    Ghost
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Napoleon Dynamite
    Dazed and Confused
    Any horror slasher movie (I don't mind scary movies, but hate the excessively gory ones)
    Twilight movies
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    All movies based on Stephen King novels also suck. I LOVE his books, but they don't translate well on screen. I loved the book Needful Things, but I couldn't sit through the movie.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Titanic! I went in expecting to see the best movie that's ever been made, but walked out thinking, "Meh." :noway:

Also, anything with Jim Carrey. I don't mind Bruce Almighty though.
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'll just list the ones I've actually seen; in no particular order

The Matrix - the camerawork made me seasick. and I don't get seasick on sea. I'm also not very comfortable with slime and needles and... long story short, I threw up in the movie theater. did not watch the sequels.
    The Big Lebowski - yawn
    Twilight - meh. it's entertaining but I don't get why people would obsess over this, and the books, and the sequels SO much.
    The Hangover - not my type of humour. I found it just confusing and boring and painful.
    Boondock Saints - gratuitous and insensical violence. absolutely incomprehensible
    Immortals - gratuitous and insensical violence and nudity and visual effects for no reason whatsoever (I know, gratuitous means the same as no reason whatsoever, but it had to be said twice. now four times). I can't believe I paid money to see that piece of *kitten* in the cinema.

as a category: most of Tarantino movies. I remember seeing Pulp Fiction and quite liking it but something after that (Kill Bill 1??) I only managed to get through part of it and could never bring myself to watch anything by Tarantino ever again. yuck.
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I don't even know where to start, honestly.

Star Wars (or Star Trek, I don't know which is which). I refuse to watch, looks really dumb!

Any of the Indiana Jones movies. Ditto. Refuse to watch.

Any romantic comedy. They are all the same.

Anything with that one girl. Catherine High or something. Hate her with a passion!

I could go on forever.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Bridesmaids - I mean really? And for an Oscar nomination to have come out of this drek is even worse!

YES THIS IS THE WORST FILM I'VE EVER HAD TO SIT THROUGH :yawn:

Yes! I forgot about this one! That movie was awful... I laughed once, maybe twice. I figure if I keep looking at the clock wondering how much is left, then that's not a good movie. I felt that way about Blair Witch Project too.
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    No country for old man

HATED that movie!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Star Wars (or Star Trek, I don't know which is which). I refuse to watch, looks really dumb!

Anything with that one girl. Catherine High or something. Hate her with a passion!

I could go on forever.

As soon as you said "Refuse to watch" your opinion became invalid. How can you possibly pass judgement on movies by your own admission you haven't even seen?
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    as a category: most of Tarantino movies. I remember seeing Pulp Fiction and quite liking it but something after that (Kill Bill 1??) I only managed to get through part of it and could never bring myself to watch anything by Tarantino ever again. yuck.

The thing I love about Tarantino is his ability to write really good, believable, relevant dialogue. I've only seen a handful of his movies, but the dialogue has always been my favourite part of almost all of them. A lot of people that I've talked to complain that there's too much talking, but I don't mind it because it's so well-written and I absolutely love it. Death Proof is probably one of my all-time favourite movies and definitely my favourite Tarantino film. But to each their own!
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    The Hunger Games was actually good! I was expecting a twilight crap fest but it was violent and just all around great in my opinion. I would recommend it!

I like it better the first time around when it was called The Running Man with Arnold S.

Running Man was awesome, but in truth it's not even close to The Hunger Games. Now, Battle Royale could be considered the true inspiration for The Hunger Games, hehehe it's awesome!!
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    "Boy in the Stripped Pajamas", or "Katyn" (Polish film - AMAZING),

Both of those are really great :smile:
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

I could go on forever.

As soon as you said "Refuse to watch" your opinion became invalid. How can you possibly pass judgement on movies by your own admission you haven't even seen?

Patton Oswalt, a standup comedian, did a bit on one of his first HBO specials about a locally famous film critic in Virginia who wrote for the local newspaper. What made him famous (at least locally) was that he never actually saw a lot of the movies and wrote his reviews based entirely on the trailers and what he heard second hand from people who watched it. This of course made him the butt of many jokes as people did not pay any attention whatsoever to his reviews. This guy kind of reminds me of that.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Also I suppose it's not a movie that EVERYBODY raved about like some others mentioned, but when Sweeney Todd came out I was pretty excited to see it. I really like Tim Burton for the most part. But that one really fell flat for me.

I'll join in on the Star Wars hate. I don't hate it, it's okay, but honestly I get pretty bored watching it and there ends up being big chunk of plot and stuff that I miss because I'm so bored. Like people know all the characters and planet names and stuff in great detail and I'm like wow, you were actually paying that much attention? And I've seen each movie probably at least 3x each. I don't know if I'll be able to bring myself to watch the new ones coming out, especially with Disney involved. Although Lucas has really gone downhill (my God, that last Indiana Jones movie with the aliens, he ought to be thrown in jail for that one) so maybe it'll actually be an improvement.

I've recently been turned into a bit of a Star Trek fan though.
  • mtcHavingItAll
    mtcHavingItAll Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    As Good As It Gets
    Throw Momma From the Train
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Zoolander. I love Will Ferrell, but this movie just sucked, I couldnt' watch the whole thing.