Ketogenic Diet

Options

Replies

• OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I don't carb re-feed. Just more stuff to keep track of. I try to keep this simple, food prep on Sunday. I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch M-F, dinner varies. Breakfast is the same on the weekends, lunch and dinner varies. Less complications lessens the chance I'll screw it up :) I hope!
    I have been doing that too. What is a typical dinner for you?

Last night it was 4oz. pork chops, grilled, with a little pepperjack cheese melted on top with 2 cups steamed broccoli/cauliflower. I still can't fry things, so I'm trying to get my fats with spritzing things with olive oils or putting butter on my veggies. Adding butter to everything is really hard for me to do...it just doesn't seem right to ruin perfectly good veggies with fat.

But I'll never complain about the bacon I eat every morning! =)
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    possibly the worst of the worst!! do NOT DO IT:) terrible unhealthy and just plain STUPID!
    hope this helps:_)
    Kristian Rocco nyc

Yea, cuz' ICE CREAM PIZZA PASTA BEER WINE AND CHOCOLATE is uber healthy.

For something that is the worst of the worst and terribly unhealthy I have never felt better <shrug>

Because the opposite of keto is eating ice cream, pizza, pasta, beer, wine and chocolate for every meal?

The way people on keto talk about keto REALLY puts me off ever trying it. When you say you are skeptical about it and dont think it's sustainable they go CRAZY on you and start sounding like a cult member, it's awful.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    obligatory "keto diets are unsustainable" post
  • furenaef
    furenaef Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    <20 eggs aday, cheese brocoli, tuna, coconut oil, peanut butter.

in ketosis since 11/11/11, went from 215lb to 176 in 3 months, now im hovering around 185 as my strenght is at the best
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    obligatory "coach is quoting his opinion, but the reality is many people sustain them for decades" post.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    <20 eggs aday, cheese brocoli, tuna, coconut oil, peanut butter.

in ketosis since 11/11/11, went from 215lb to 176 in 3 months, now im hovering around 185 as my strenght is at the best

and people call ME orthorexic? :tongue:

so i know dietary cholesterol doesn't raise serum cholesterol significantly, but 20 eggs a day? i'd be wary of getting 4,000 mg of cholesterol daily. damn
  • OkieTink
    Options
    possibly the worst of the worst!! do NOT DO IT:) terrible unhealthy and just plain STUPID!
    hope this helps:_)
    Kristian Rocco nyc

Yea, cuz' ICE CREAM PIZZA PASTA BEER WINE AND CHOCOLATE is uber healthy.

For something that is the worst of the worst and terribly unhealthy I have never felt better <shrug>

Because the opposite of keto is eating ice cream, pizza, pasta, beer, wine and chocolate for every meal?

The way people on keto talk about keto REALLY puts me off ever trying it. When you say you are skeptical about it and dont think it's sustainable they go CRAZY on you and start sounding like a cult member, it's awful.

Uh, I copied/pasted off of goodtimezzzz profile who is a selling a diet book based on a diet of ice cream, pizza, beer, wine and chocolate. If saying I have never felt better is "cult like" then I suppose I am guilty as charged.

If you're anti keto why in heaven's sake would you even open a thread about it? :/
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    obligatory "coach is quoting his opinion, but the reality is many people sustain them for decades" post.

right - people with metabolic disorders.

OP, do you have a metabolic disorder?
  • albertabeefy
    Options

Even if you don't have a metabolic order or epilepsy it doesn't mitigate the fact it IS sustainable.

There's a reason many bodybuilders and athletes use a CKD or TKD, because it works. You don't necessarily need to sustain a ketogenic diet for years to reap the benefits. So I'm not sure why you keep harping on the same issue repeatedly.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Even if you don't have a metabolic order or epilepsy it doesn't mitigate the fact it IS sustainable.

There's a reason many bodybuilders and athletes use a CKD or TKD, because it works. You don't necessarily need to sustain a ketogenic diet for years to reap the benefits. So I'm not sure why you keep harping on the same issue repeatedly.

how do you get all your vitamins and minerals in a ketogenic diet?
  • OkieTink
    Options
    So I'm not sure why you keep harping on the same issue repeatedly.

Next comes the <insert scary music here> Shakeology sales pitch =D
  • CoachReddy
    Options

yeah i don't sell shakeology.

nice try though.
  • OkieTink
    Options

nice try though.

"I'm also a Beachbody Coach, so feel free to shoot any Beachbody, P90X, Insanity, or Shakeology questions my way and I'd be happy to answer them for you."

You're a Beachbody Coach. Nuff' said.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

nice try though.

"I'm also a Beachbody Coach, so feel free to shoot any Beachbody, P90X, Insanity, or Shakeology questions my way and I'd be happy to answer them for you."

you somehow think you can skip fruits and veggies yet meet your micronutrient needs. 'Nuff said.
  • OkieTink
    Options

nice try though.

you somehow think you can skip fruits and veggies yet meet your micronutrient needs. 'Nuff said.

lol. Why in the world would you assume I don't eat fruit and vegetables?
  • CoachReddy
    Options

nice try though.

how many g of carb do you shoot for daily?
  • albertabeefy
    Options
    how do you get all your vitamins and minerals in a ketogenic diet?
    By eating healthy meats, fats and vegetables, and limited low-GI fruit.

There are NO vitamins and nutrients found in starchy foods or high-calorie fruits that are not also found in non-starchy vegetables and/or meats.
  • OkieTink
    Options

nice try though.

how many g of carb do you shoot for daily?

25g of non refined carbs.

But honestly, why do you care what others eat, or don't eat?
  • albertabeefy
    Options
    Nobody doing ketosis ever needs to skip fruits and veggies. We do value veggies more than fruits, and most stick to higher-fiber lower GI fruits like berries and cherries, which are very low-carb, delicious and full of nutrients/antioxidants etc.

The amount of nutrients in 30g of non-starchy vegetables is more than sufficient for a person's needs. And again, there's no nutrient or vitamin found in fruit that's not also available in non-starchy vegetables.

Not to mention that nutrition-wise, there's almost nothing on the planet more nutritious than organ meats. Not everybody likes them, unfortunately. I have my butcher grind a little organ meats into my sausage and ground meats just for added nutrient value and nobody in my family notices the difference in flavor.

The idea that people in ketosis aren't getting adequate nutrition is a complete myth based in ignorance of the subject. That's the blunt, honest truth.
  • eredmon8731
    eredmon8731 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bump. i want to read this whole forum when i get a chance.