Seriously?!

Options

Replies

• sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Erm...I just spent 10 minutes of my time reading this plus some comments from others. Now I feel the need to reply and say first of all, sooo glad you are safe from crazy guy.

Second, venting is good, but spend your time more in a more productive way...life is too short to write such a story plus replying to others. This is MFP, go for a run or lift some weights!

^^^ this (:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Today, I met a little daschund named Liesl. She was lovely. Now, we are friends.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    WOW! Thank god I don't live in the US of A!!!

Find it funny that other country’s are allowed to be racist against us but lord help us if we do you we will see you next time you have a disaster and your crying for help

pretty closly related isnt it same as sterotyping

Sides hurt. Can't breathe.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • TheWiseCat
    TheWiseCat Posts: 297
    Options
    wow... let me get this straight, he's stealing empty cans? And you want to shoot him for it?

It's not about stealing empty cans. It's about him thinking he can go onto someone else's property after knowing that person is home and armed, and take whatever he wants back to his big shiny truck. He's obviously not lacking for $$ with a vehicle like that. He also is possibly lacking some sanity... I would have fired a warning shot too. He didn't take you seriously before. As a small woman at home alone, you do what you need to do to protect yourself.

If you did nothing, what if he came back for more? What if he wanted to come in the house?

Good for you for standing up for yourself and your property.

Was her life threatened?
    I am a small woman at home too, I feel no need to wave a gun around at a guy digging through my garbage. Fear. That's the way to live!
    We have names for people with your mentality: Victim and Statistic.

We have names for people like you, too! :D Sorry, no scrap metal in my backyard.

It's only scrap metal today.
    Tomorrow they come for your air conditioner.
    Then the next day they try to steal your electrical lines.... and electrocute themselves in the process.
    So really, by not wanting to shoot someone in the leg for stealing your cans, you are supporting capital punishment.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm all for defending oneself and I definitely believe in the right to bear arms. But I couldn't live with myself if I killed someone for stealing cans. (Though I'm OK with you showing him the gun and making sure you meant business. I just could not have actually shot someone over that.)
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    But wanting to shoot him is the right answer?

AMERICA!! F*** Yeah!!

tumblr_mdmskaVn0K1rj5c4mo1_500.jpg
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Grim...
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    wow... let me get this straight, he's stealing empty cans? And you want to shoot him for it?

It's not about stealing empty cans. It's about him thinking he can go onto someone else's property after knowing that person is home and armed, and take whatever he wants back to his big shiny truck. He's obviously not lacking for $$ with a vehicle like that. He also is possibly lacking some sanity... I would have fired a warning shot too. He didn't take you seriously before. As a small woman at home alone, you do what you need to do to protect yourself.

If you did nothing, what if he came back for more? What if he wanted to come in the house?

Good for you for standing up for yourself and your property.

Was her life threatened?
    I am a small woman at home too, I feel no need to wave a gun around at a guy digging through my garbage. Fear. That's the way to live!

Possibly yes her life was threatened. Did you miss this part?
    I grabbed a hunting rifle and slammed my door again. He started towards me intil he saw the gun

The way to live is by protecting yourself, family and home.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Im still at a loss for how some of you would have preferred i handle it!
    Just walking outside didnt work.
    Its like 90° outside. Should i have offered him ice water while he stole from me?
    Asked him politely to leave?
    Ignored him and counted a $100+ loss?

I would have just told him to get off my property. Then again, I don't rely on empty cans for my income.

she did that the first time
    2nd time she got the gun
    third time she chambered

guy knew she had a gun and still returned to steal. Imagine if he could have seen cans in her house knowing she was alone.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    You're awesome.
    I guess some people don't understand that hes not stealing cans, hes stealing money.
  • wareagle8706
    Options
    Im still at a loss for how some of you would have preferred i handle it!
    Just walking outside didnt work.
    Its like 90° outside. Should i have offered him ice water while he stole from me?
    Asked him politely to leave?
    Ignored him and counted a $100+ loss?

I would have just told him to get off my property. Then again, I don't rely on empty cans for my income.

Am I seriously not allowed to call her a name???? Come on.... look at what she wrote... pretty please????
  • JakiDee
    JakiDee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Right!!!!
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I threatened a life with my 357, once. They weren't stupid enough to see how good of a shot I am.

I applaud you,
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

Yeah, a realist.

Do you realize you are calling a woman a "victim" and a "statistic" because she doesn't think it is reasonable to use deadly force against a man who is, while an *kitten*, literally engaged in nothing more that trespass onto a yard and stealing garbage??? Do you regularly blame the victims for a perps actions, citing her "mentality"? I hope to god you are not a cop IRL and you just pretend to be one (or want people to think you are) on interwebs.
    How do you know he wasn't casing the property? What if he saw an opportunity with a woman home alone? In order to prevent an attack there may be times you have to employ a pre-emptive strike. She already showed the guy the gun, and he came back.

On a lighter note, let me be the first to apologize for name calling.

I counter apologize! I was only trying to show how it's, uh, uncool to be calling someone a "victim" because of her opinion regarding the use of deadly force in this scenario. If you are a cop (or just an aware human being) you should know plenty of people are "victims" of crimes who did nothing wrong and have zero responsibility for the act that victimized them. Tossing around the word "victim" like an insult is effed up in my opinion.

I don't know that he was casing the property. But I also wouldn't have shot a gun at him. At least not over the cans, which seems to be what the issue was here more than anything. As a woman, I can tell you that there are plenty of men out there who will ignore a woman's boundaries that she sets. That's not ok. But two wrongs don't make a right. I think she was right to have a loaded gun on her in that situation because some strange dude snooping around your property when you are home alone who is evidencing a lack of concern for your boundaries is problematic. But, again, I don't think his behavior justified the use of deadly force AT THIS TIME. Not to say it wouldn't have later on, depending on how he acted.
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    What the heck is this thread about? Cans? Threatening to shoot people with guns, over cans? As an English person I simply don't get it. OP sounds like a stereotypical gun toting yanky hick nutjob. Why do you have cans in your garden? Are you talking about aluminium cans, like Coke cans?! It beggars belief.

yes, like Coke cans. you can trade in aluminum cans for money. (hers-about $150 worth)
    no, she isn't a "stereotypical gun toting yank hick nut job" she didnt shoot anyone. just scared him away with a warning shot.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    What the heck is this thread about? Cans? Threatening to shoot people with guns, over cans? As an English person I simply don't get it. OP sounds like a stereotypical gun toting yanky hick nutjob. Why do you have cans in your garden? Are you talking about aluminium cans, like Coke cans?! It beggars belief.

So. Many. Gems. In. This. Thread.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options

wow, Do you even read?

You comment without reading the post and now talking out of your *kitten*, for what reason, to just talk?
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Look guise, a kitty!
    ifC9GUJ.gif
  • wareagle8706
    Options

Was that really necessary? Jesus....
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Agreed that the guy was a douche, but I dont think anyone should be killed over a couple of cans.

Sorry...

This isn't about cans.

^^THIS^^

It's about an individual thinking he is entitled to the fruits of the labor of another.

Sure it is. If you feel your life is being threatened, Im all for defending yourself. And I agree that what they guy was doing was seriously wrong. But I dont feel he should be killed over it. Sorry. I wouldnt sleep at night knowing I killed a guy over cans. Douche or not his kids deserve a father... Seriously.

There you go with the "cans" again. Way to miss the point.

:laugh: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.