i see your kitty
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    In before the lock!
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    What the heck is this thread about? Cans? Threatening to shoot people with guns, over cans? As an English person I simply don't get it. OP sounds like a stereotypical gun toting yanky hick nutjob. Why do you have cans in your garden? Are you talking about aluminium cans, like Coke cans?! It beggars belief.

:laugh:
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend using the can money to build a proper fence so strangers don't wander onto your property.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    She didn't shoot him, so how is everyone bringing this random persons life into the subject? A threat isn't a promise, so build a bridge, and get over it.

To the OP, good for you. I too am licensed, and trained (prior military, as well as an avid target range debutant!) and would have done the same thing. It's not about cans, it's about what it could have escalated too. The OP prevented the escalation and didn't require the Popo to come out and do absolutely nothing as the case often is where the police are concerned, if they make it out to your property at all.
  • SerenaFisher
    Options
    I'd recommend using the can money to build a proper fence so strangers don't wander onto your property.
    Yes, a fence will solve all your problems. Because people cannot penetrate a fence!! :D
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Good for you OP. Well done.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    What the heck is this thread about? Cans? Threatening to shoot people with guns, over cans? As an English person I simply don't get it. OP sounds like a stereotypical gun toting yanky hick nutjob. Why do you have cans in your garden? Are you talking about aluminium cans, like Coke cans?! It beggars belief.

Wow your post is so unbelievably offensive. What a rude person you are.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    She didn't shoot him, so how is everyone bringing this random persons life into the subject? A threat isn't a promise, so build a bridge, and get over it.

To the OP, good for you. I too am licensed, and trained (prior military, as well as an avid target range debutant!) and would have done the same thing. It's not about cans, it's about what it could have escalated too. The OP prevented the escalation and didn't require the Popo to come out and do absolutely nothing as the case often is where the police are concerned, if they make it out to your property at all.

NEGLIGENT DISCHARGE HAPPENS
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Some of them cans could have been from a great party....memories.

Jokes aside a thief is a thief.
    She did good!!

Oh and best Troll thread of the day.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Yes, a fence will solve all your problems. Because people cannot penetrate a fence!! :D

Not if you put a sign on it. People always obey the signs.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm all for defending oneself and I definitely believe in the right to bear arms. But I couldn't live with myself if I killed someone for stealing cans. (Though I'm OK with you showing him the gun and making sure you meant business. I just could not have actually shot someone over that.)

the way I read it, it was not about the cans. It was the fact he KEPT RETURNING TO THE PROPERTY. He did not care.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    She does say in the OP that she was willing to shoot and even kill him over stealing the cans.

If he actually tried to attack her and her safety or life were directly in danger, I'm all for that. I just can't justify even the idea of taking a life over $150 in cans.
  • SerenaFisher
    Options

Yes and people accidentally hit the gas instead of the break, does that mean every person driving a car is going to park it in the front of Target? WtF???? Also, if you are an experienced fire arms user, and a person with a brain it doesn't happen. That happens to idiots that prop fire arms on the wall and do not remove the firing pin, or leave loaded weapons around the house like idiots. Not every fire arm owner is an idiot. Thanks.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options

Yeah, its called premature-.......wait what? Oh, we're still talking about guns.
  • Nightterror218
    Options

Not if you put a sign on it. People always obey the signs.

I grew near blackberry bushes, those things can be an affect fence if you are not dressed for them.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    OP sounds like a stereotypical gun toting yanky hick nutjob.

WHOA!!! What???? Totally uncalled for. OP YOU ROCK!:drinker:
  • SerenaFisher
    Options
    She does say in the OP that she was willing to shoot and even kill him over stealing the cans.

If he actually tried to attack her and her safety or life were directly in danger, I'm all for that. I just can't justify even the idea of taking a life over $150 in cans.
    Yeah, and she did not. Did she?
  • KinzieElise
    KinzieElise Posts: 584 Member
    Options

Yeah, a realist.

Do you realize you are calling a woman a "victim" and a "statistic" because she doesn't think it is reasonable to use deadly force against a man who is, while an *kitten*, literally engaged in nothing more that trespass onto a yard and stealing garbage??? Do you regularly blame the victims for a perps actions, citing her "mentality"? I hope to god you are not a cop IRL and you just pretend to be one (or want people to think you are) on interwebs.

I do agree with your overall argument that a person/woman shouldn't be called a "victim" or "statistic" just because they have a different opinion on the use of guns. However, I think you are kind of misinterpreting how serious the situation was, perhaps because of a misunderstanding of what "scrap metal" is. It's not garbage you are going to throw away, it's metal that, as the OP has stated a few times, is worth a significant amount of money to the OP and obviously the man trying to steal it.

OP: I, personally, think you reacted reasonably since he returned multiple times. Aren't dogs just the greatest alarm system ever?!
  • Nightterror218
    Options

He walked towards her until he say the gun the 2nd time he was on the property. What if she did not have the gun? How far would he have gone?
This discussion has been closed.